The Cafe

Rose between thorns

                                                   

 

 The sunray was shining brightly through the window. You were busy doing your finishing touch up,finishing it with a pink lipgloss. You stood up from the chair and check your attire. Today was your first day of work and you were excited,but at the same time scared as you never had a working experience before. Blame it on appa for not giving you the chance of working. Ah! And speaking of appa, he still does not know that you are going to work.

 After putting all your stuff into a brown bag, you went to check yourself for the last time. You then head to the door only to see that Taeyoon oppa was spying on you again.

 '"Our Taeyeon is all dress up today. Where are you going? With who? Male or female?" he questioned you, worse than a police officer. " Oppa there you go again. Questioning me like a police officer." you gently hit his shoulder. " And for your info," you continued. " I am going out with my FEMALE friends" emphasising on the word female. You had to lie this time. You did not want anybody to know about the job. You felt guilty lying to Taeyoon oppa as he had always help you in everything. Yes! Everything!

You reached for the tie around your oppa's neck and adjust it properly.'Ok then. Have fun then with your chingu" Taeyoon oppa said while ruffling your hair. You move a step back, giving him the *nobody touches the hair look*. Oppa laughed looking at your expression.

" Ah! Speaking of chingu, my friend Donghae is coming back to Korea the day after tomorrow."Taeyoon oppa said."Eh?" you asked, looking surprised."Donghae?Our Donghae?"

"Yes. Our Donghae." he replied. You stood there frozen. You don't know why but when you heard the name Donghae, your heart skipped a beat.

"Kaja" Taeyoon oppa dragged you. Both of you then make your way downstairs.

At the dining table:

Everybody was busy eating when appa broke the silence. "Where you going today Taeyeon?" 

Your facial expression change.

" Argghh...I am jusstt...going to hang out with my friends. You know... girls stuff?"you stammered, slowly looking down at your food.

" Ok. But make sure you don't come back home late." You sighed softly. Luckily appa does not question that much. You look at the wall clock. Five more minutes and you are leaving. Everybody was continuing eating when your pabo Taekwon oppa added fuel to the fire. 

" With who?" he asked bluntly. You stared at him in disbelief. Avoiding to answer his question,you quickly leave the house, saying you were late and stuff. You closed the door behind. Finally you were free. Free from all those interrogating question and gazes. You put on your earpiece and listen to your kpop playlist, casually walking to your workplace.

 

Cafe/ Workplace:

"Taeyeon, since today is your first day, you are going to learn how to serve the customer. Minhyuk here will assist you along the way." your plump manager said. The guy next to him, Minhyuk, just smile.

*So handsome. And those killer eye smile* you thought to yourself. "I hope you will be able to help the cafe for the whole one month" your manager continued."Ne. I will give my very best effort" you replied with full enthusiasm.

MInhyuk taught you how to manage the cafe and all those stuff. As he was teaching you, a female voice shout from the door.

" OPPA~" the female shout with a bit of aegyo. Minhyuk turned his body and went towards the counter. You stood there looking at the loud voice lady

"Oppa are you busy?" the lady ask." Ani. Just teaching a new staff." Minhyuk laugh looking at the lady. " Ah! And speaking of new staff ,let me introduce you to her." Minhyuk called you over. 

"This is Taeyeon. Taeyeon,this is Sunmi. My yeoja chingu (girlfriend)" You held your hands over to shake Sunmi hands. 

*Aish. Pabo! Of course he will have a girlfriend. How can a handsome guy like him does not have a girlfriend* you  scolded yourself mentally.

"Aigoo! She's pretty and cute" Sunmi pinched your cheeks. Minhyuk just show his killer eye smile again.

" Oppa! Don't you dare fall for her! Sunmi so called threaten Minhyuk. "And you, don't even think of flirting with my oppa." Sunmi said, suffocating you with her gaze. You nodded your head awkwardly. 

Hours had passed and Sunmi had already left the cafe. More and more customer started coming to the cafe as the day goes by. You were already getting the hang of how the cafe runs. You took charge of the counter, receiving orders from customers. 

You greeted the customers by saying "Welcome!" everytime when the cafe door open.

It was evening by the time you looked at the clock. You were already tired. Five more hours left you told yourself. As there were not much customer to serve, you sat down on the stool at the counter, browsing through your phone, reading fanfics. You were engrossed reading fanfics about Super Junior, your favourite boyband, when suddenly the cafe door open. You quickly keep your phone away and stand up, wanting to greet the customer. 

"Welcome" you said happily. Four men in suit and tie came in. *Hmm. Probably working in the business firm  like Taeyoon oppa* you thought. All of them sat down at the corner talking happily.  The cafe door open again. A man also in suit came in."Welc..."

You bent down to your knees, hiding behind the counter. You bite your thumb. Minhyuk looked at you in confused. 

*Taeyoon oppa! What is he doing here?* you thought. Your mind was in a mess. You don't know what to do. It was only your first day of work and if Taeyoon oppa were to see you, your secret is no more a secret.

"Taeyoon,here" one of his friend said. " I'll go get the drinks" said the other."Like usual?" he asked. The rest of the guys make an ok sign with their thumb and index finger.  Taeyoon oppa sat down talking to the rest.

You were still bending down on your knees,biting your thumb,confused on what to do.You felt like screaming and running. The counter bell rang. Minhyuk gestured you to serve the customer. You remain in your position, not moving. Minhyuk then moved toward the counter, receiving the order from the customer, which is Taeyoon oppa friend. 

Minhyuk bent his head down and looked at you. " Taeyeon ah. Go and make the drinks." "Ne..." you replied timidly. You make your way slowly making the drinks. You then hand the drinks to the customer, while making glances at your Taeyoon oppa. Lucky for you, Taeyoon oppa was seating with his back facing you. So he don't know you were there. While you were busy looking at Taeyoon oppa, you did not realise that his friend, which you were handing the drinks to, was looking at your nametag.  *Taeyeon* he said in his mind. 

"Gamsahabnida" you said still looking at Taeyoon oppa. He then make his way to their seating area.

Back at Taeyoon oppa's seat:

Taeyoon oppa friend handed over the drinks. He then sat  next to Taeyoon oppa. 

" Taeyoon ah. I don't know that your backview was already so attractive" he said, while sipping his drink. "Huh?" Taeyoon oppa looked at him. "Ani. It's just that the cute girl over there at the cashier kept looking at you. Also,her name is Taeyeon." 'A cute name and a cute face." he continued.

"Tae..yeon?" Taeyoon oppa turned his head behind.

At thecounter:

You stood there at the counter still looking at the group. Taeyoon oppa was busy talking with the friend that you handed the drink to. Your eyes were fixed looking at them. Suddenly Taeyoon oppa turned his head. You quickly turned you body around. You could hear footsteps walking towards you. You crossed your fingers hoping that it's not Taeyoon oppa. 

* Please don't come oppa.Please don't come here oppa. Jebal.* you said in your mind, rubbing your palm. The footsteps stop.

"IM,"

"TAE,"

"YEON."

You heard your name being called from behind. You turned around slowly, seeing your Taeyoon oppa with his arms crossed.

" Ann..ann..ye..yeong oppa."

Ohoh. You sense that trouble had arise.

 

Hello! New update for now. So what do you think will happen to Taeyeon? Do look out for the next update, maybe tomorrow or the day after. Hope you guys enjoy the story ^^. And do leave your comment and subscribe! I really want to know what you guys think .Thanks my dear readers! <3