The Im's Household

Rose between thorns

                                                               

 

 

10 years ago:

 

         "Umma, where are we going?" you asked her while holding her hand. The warmth of her hand made you feel safe. Umma just smiled looking at your curious expression. " Aigoo,our little princess is curious again. Where does our little princess want to go today?" , Umma squat down and  kiss my cheek. "Chincha? We can go anywhere i want?" I asked in excitement. Umma  nodded. "Wah!! If that's the case, i want to go buy a new playhouse set!"

 

       Your umma could only smile looking at her one and only 8 years old daughter being all excited about the trip. Yes! You were her everything. You were her only princess. You dashed upstairs to your grandparent's room and called your grandmother over. "Halmeoni! Quick get dress! We are going out!". You dragged your grandmother out of her chair and gestured her to get dress." Araso, araso. Halmeoni shall get dress now," she said. 

 

    The three ladies of the Im's family were all set to move. You sat behind, while your Halmeoni sat in front with your umma who was driving. You were busy playing with your doll,moving around without a seatbelt on. Umma told you to wear your seatbelt but you were busy playing with your doll ignoring her order. " Taeyeon ah, put on your seatbelt. It's dangerous my love," umma told you while glancing at the mirror looking at you. You were busy in your own world and did not listen to her. Seeing that you were not listening to her, umma turn her head behind gesturing you to put your seatbelt on. "OMO! LOOKOUT!" Halmeoni shout.

   SHRIEKKK! CRASH!!

    The car crashed with a big lorry. You were petrified. You shook umma's body which was protecting you. " Umma! Wake up!" you wailed. Umma head was covered with blood. Halmeoni on the other hand was unconcious with blood drooling down her hand. " Umma! Halmeoni!" you cried. You were scared. You did not know what to do. Suddenly umma's hand move. She held your hand. " Taeyeon ah.. Promise Umma you will take care of the family." You nodded. " Umma you can't leave me! The family need you! Appa, Taeyoon oppa, Taekwon oppa! I NEED YOU UMMA!" you held umma's hand tightly. " Saranghae  ...". Umma breathed her last breath. "UMMA! ANDWAE!" you cried. That was the last word you heard from your umma.

 

PRESENT

  "Saranghae..." you heard your umma's voice. " UMMA! ANDWAE!" you screamed. You woke up from your dream, sweating. It happened again. That dream. The dream of your beloved umma. Tears started falling down your cheeks. 10 years had past since the death of your umma and Halmeoni. You wiped of your tears. You took the picture of your umma next to your bed and hug it tightly to your chest. " Umma. I miss you." Tears started forming again. You put back the picture frame and slipped on your house slippers, making your way downstairs. 

 

 "Oh! Our princess is awake," Appa said, putting on a smile. " Morning Appa!" you said with a bit of aegyo,while sitting on the dining chair,wanting to eat the breakfast which was made by your Appa. Your 2nd Oppa, Taekwon, felt disgusted looking at you doing aegyo.  You showed Taekwon oppa mehrong, knowing that he felt disgusted with your aegyo.  Taekwon oppa showed you his fist, trying to pick up a fight with you. You gave him the *bring in on* look. Your 1st oppa, Taeyoon ,who was seating beside you, chuckled at the sight of both of you. It was a daily norm of seeing both you and Taekwon fight. Both of you were "si-nemy" ( sibilings enemy). Just one single tiny thing can cause a fight between you two. The rest of the family would play referee, trying to split you both.

 

 Taeyoon oppa is currently working with your Appa in your family's company. Halabeoji on the other hand, had retired and now just stay at home. Taekwon oppa and you, are currently studying in Seoul College. Taeyoon oppa is 22 years old, Taekwon 19, and you 18 years old. You were the only female in the Im's household.Your family is quite wealhy but your Appa does not like the idea of having a house helper. He prefer his children to learn the value of independent. This remain the same even before Umma's death. The death of your umma and halmeoni was a tragic event for your family. Only these 4 men know your sorrow.

 

 " So next week is your school term break. What are you both  going to do?" Taeyoon oppa ask. Appa focused his eyes on me,wanting to know my answer. " I am just going to study with my friends," Taekwon oppa said with food full in his mouth.  You narrowed your eyes, looking at Taekwon oppa. "Study?Oppa rarely does his homework and now he is talkiing about study. Tch." you thought to yourself. 

 

 "What about you Taeyeon?"  Appa asked, gazing his eyes on you, anticapating your answer. " Oh! I am just going to hang out with my friends," you hesitate ,while avoiding looking at your Appa's eyes. What everyone does not know is that  you are going to work temporary at a cafe. If you were to tell Appa, he will surely chop your head off. You slowly fit a toast in you mouth gobbling it down while thinking of what to do. Taeyoon oppa on other hand look at you and knew that something was troubling your mind.

 

Whatsup people! So how's the story? Do comment your thoughts and tell me what you think. I'll try to update as soon as possible. Subscribe too! For now, sayonara, adios, amigos! ^^