Can I?

Operation: Wedding Dreams ♥

 

Chapter 5.

 

- Flashback -

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

“Chanyeol.” I heard a tender voice calling out my name. I lazily turned my body away knowing that it was time for me to get up. “Chanyeol.” The voice called out again, this time a little bit louder.

 

“*groans* Noona, do I have to?” I weakly asked pulling up my covers over my face.

 

“Yes Yeol. It’s your first day in a new school. You have to get up or else you’ll be late. And I know you don’t want to be late right? ”

 

Nodding behind my covers, I slowly got up and ruffled my messy bed hair. I look up to see my Noona smiling brightly at me.

 

 

I smiled back but I couldn’t help notice that behind er thick over-sized glasses, the bags under her eyes became darker than it usually was. She must have work until dawn again. I looked up at her tired face and thought to myself "Noona, please do take care of yourself. I know Umma wouldn't want to see you tired and weak."

 

She gavec me a small smile again before extending her right hand towards me “Kaja?”. Without hesitation, I grabbed it and together, we both went out of my small room towards the kitchen.

 

As soon as we arrived, we saw Appa busily reading the newspaper. I knew he was looking for a job. Again.

 

“Good Morning Appa.” I softly said as I took a seat beside him and started munching on a piece of toasted stale bread.

 

“Good Morning too Chanyeol. Excited?”

 

“Anniyo. I’m going to school just like any other child in Korea does.”

 

“Aigoo~ Don’t be like that son. Be happy! Atleast Ull Li's there."

 

"Yeah. Ull Li."

 

"And who knows, you might find other people who you’ll be real close with.”

 

“I doubt that Appa.”

 

"Aigoo~ Why so serious son?" Appa said ruffling my hair. I looked at him and gave him a small smile as Noona soon joined the table with a cup of steaming hot coffee.

 

"How did it go Appa?" Noona asked eyeing the newspaper in Appa's hands.

 

"Don't worry about it Dara. I'm Super Appa remember?" He said raising both his arms and doing a superman pose. We couldnt help but laugh at his actions. It's a good thing that despite our situation, we always find time to laugh and joke around.

 

"You better get going Yeol. You only have around 40 minutes to get ready."

 

"Arasso." I answsered in reply and stood up collecting my plate and cup. I quickly washed it before entering the bathroom. But before doing so, Appa grabbed my arm and smiled.

 

"Take every oppurtunity Yeol. I have a gut feeling that you'll meet someone who you can put your trust on."

 

As he those words, Wu Fan, my best friend, the person who I placed all my trust on, came into my mind. Unconciously, hate started to fill me up.

 

"I know you're thinking of Mr. Wu's Son Yeol. But start new. Start fresh." Appa added, tightening his grip on my right arm. Sighing deeply, I stifly nodded and then hurriedly went in the bathroom to get ready. I couldn't deny the fact that I felt betrayed. I have the right too don't I?

-

After ten minutes, I came out in my new school uniform and immediately grabbed my things from the couch in the living room. Like what Noona said, I don’t want to be late. Plus, I don't want another lecture form Super Appa. I grabbed the door handle and twisted it, shouting “Goodbye Appa! Noona!” before exiting our apartment building.

 

I had to walk all the way from our apartment to school which was 'conveniently' located about a kilometer and half away. Great. I knew I could ride the bus with the amount of money I had with me but I couldn't. Money was tight. Noona is the only one working in the family while Appa is looking for a job. After the incident with Wu Fan's Father lying about Appa stealing the money, we’re now all suffering because of his doing! I swear if I see Mr. Wu's face or even Wu fan's, I gonna -

 

HONK!!!

 

I looked to my side only to see a truck coming towards me. I looked at it wide eyed and out of shock, I stood frozen on my spot. I felt blood rushing away from my face. Is this it? I raised my arm to protect me from what was coming only to feel a strong pull making me land on my .

 

“Are you okay?” A gentle voice asked as I stared at the truck that passed by. Did I- Did I almost die?! “Hello? Are you alright?”

 

I shook my head to collect my thoughts and came face to face with a worried-looking girl.

I blinked a few times before responding with a small nod. She let out a sigh of relief and weakly smiled. “Thank Goodness. Oh. Are you new?"

 

“Huh?” I answered back with a confused question. She chuckled a bit and pointed to the seal on my uniform. Oh. Pabo.

 

"D-Deh."

 

She smiled once more and got up, dusting her uniform before extending her arm towards me. I took it, hesitant at first, and stood up only to trip as I did so.

 

"Woah. Take it easy there." She said suppoting me bymy arm and back.

 

"I got it. Thanks." I assured her taking a step back away from her and wiping the dust away from my uniform.

 

After a few seconds of silence the girl once again spoke up. "I’m Kim Soo Jin by the way.”

 

“Ah. Nice to meet you Soo Jin-ssi. I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Well nice to meet you too Chanyeol. Ah. Mianhe. But is it okay for us to drop the formalities?”

 

“Sure.” I said in agreement.

 

“Ommo!” She exclaimed looking at her wrist watch. “If we don’t hurry soon, we’re gonna miss the bus! Come on Chanyeol!” She said grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the bus stop.

 

“Ah. Mianhe Soo Jin-ah. But I can't.” I pulled my hand away from her. She looked at me with a confused look. “You see, I walk to school.”

 

“Chincha? May I ask why?”

 

“Uhmm. It’s complicated.”

 

“You can tell me Chanyeol. I know we only met but I have a feeling we’re going to be great friends!”

 

“Oh. Okay. Well. You see. I don’t have money with me now. My Family is sorta. Uhmm…” I didn’t want to say it because maybe Soo Jin would be 'grossed' out knowing that I was poor.

 

“Oh. I get it.” She said finally understanding what I was about to say. “It’s okay Chanyeol. I’ll pay for your fare!”

 

I looked at her with eyes wide. I was shocked at how this girl could easily offer a person whom she just met like that. “Well?” She asked smiling.

 

“I think I shouldn’t. It might be a burden on you and we only just met and I can't–“

 

“Look Chanyeol. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I’ll pay for your fare whether you like or not arrasso? *smiles* So. Let’s go!” She excitedly said pulling my wrist once again. As soon as we arrived at the bus stop, more students from our school started piling in the bus. It was hard to get through the crowd of students but good thing we were able to get a seat located near the end of the bus. We sat beside each other and breathe out deeply at the same time. Surprised at our actions, we looked at each other and together, let out a laugh.

 

“Aigoo~ Thank you Soo Jin-ah.” I said giving her a genuine smile.

 

She too smiled back and said, “No biggie!”. She  then looked out the window, watching as the people and buildings pass by.

 

I couldn’t help but smile once more. This girl is really different. She's Kind. Generous. Friendly. Not to mention pretty. Yes, I must admit she is pretty. I let out a small chuckled before a memory flashed before me:

 

“Aigoo~ Don’t be like that son. Be happy! Who knows, you might find someone you’ll be real close with.”

"Take every oppurtunity Yeol. I have a gut feeling that you'll meet someone who you can put your trust on."

 

Appa. Could it be?

 

I looked at her as she continued to stare out the window, and I could not ignore the fact that my heart started to beat fastrer then usually. Aigoo~ Chanyeol. What's wrong with you? You just met her! You cant fall in love with her just like that!

 

Or can I?

 

- - - - -

 

JangMin's Little Corner.

Hey there! Sorry for updating only now.

Mianhe. :(

I wasn't able to update last wee because of some College entrance test that I had to take outside of the city.

Plus, graduation's coming up. *le tears come out* I did enjoy my high school life, but it just seems soooooo fast. ;(

*Plays Graduation song*

We spent 4 years growing up together~

 


Okay. I'll stop being dramatic LOL XD

Please do comment/subscribe!

 

♥ YOU ALL! :***