The good news

The Runaway Bride [ HIATUS ]

 

Oh my ing gosh

He’s that guy in the fitting room, earlier in the mall today!

I blinked a few times at him, “Y-you’re the guy in the f-fitting room?” I asked, stuttering. My eyes huge as I remember that embarrassing moment, which I have momentarily, forgot because of this whole “going back to Korea” thing.

A smirk formed on his lips, he shrugs his shoulders before leaning back to his chair, turning back his attention to his book.

I gulped also leaning back to my seat.

Oh gawd this is going to be a long flight.

-

-

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I felt someone poking my head. I ignored it and continue to sleep.

“Hey wake up.” A deep voice said, that is not definitely my dad or my mom or my brother and I don’t even have a brother! Slowly, I flutter my eyes open and look up only to come face to face with the ogre’s handsome face.

It took seconds for me to realize that I had unknowingly fall asleep on the ogre’s shoulder.

“ahh…” I quickly sat up, mentally hitting my head for sleeping on his shoulder.

“We’ll be landing.” He uttered, buckling on his seatbelt. I only nodded my head, still embarrass about sleeping on his shoulder. I buckled my own seat belt and look out the window watching the plane land.

I then felt the disappointment inside me again; I’m supposed to be enjoying my time in China right now. And whatever reason they have it’s probably stupid.

Stupid stupid stupid. My parents always have stupid reasons. Take my life as an example; they keep on controlling my life because they want it to turn out like they wanted it to be. Stupid reason.

“… Thank you for flying with us today. Have a good day.” I immediately took of my seatbelt; stand up to get my bag, not minding if the giant ogre hasn’t stood up from his seat. I just wanted to go home already.

It’s not that I’m really short, -well I’m short but not too short- but my bag was pushed through the end of the –where you put your bags, I don’t know what you call it- so I was having a hard time trying to get it.

Ugh. Where are the flight attendants when you need them?

“Tsk. Too short.” The ogre has stand up from his seat, his height towering over my short height; grab his bag before getting mine. “Thanks.” I uttered in a low tone, grabbing my bag from him. He flashed a smug smile, which I returned with a roll of my eyes.

“Kris gege what was that all about?” A guy asked as I turn around to leave.

Oh, so Kris is his name.

“Oh nothing, just doing some charity works for short people.” I scoffed silently; he obviously said the word “short” loud enough for me to hear. I sent him a glare over my shoulder in which he responded with a smirk. Gawd he was so annoying!

-

-

“Umma, why do we have to go home? I haven’t even had the chance to buy souvenirs.” I whined as the car drive off.   “Oh honey, you can always buy souvenirs next time.” She replied, I only roll my eyes and look out of the window.

About 45 minutes later or what it seems like forever of sitting on the back seat and trying not to fall asleep from being jet lag, we arrive at my favorite Italian Restaurant. A wide smile crept upon my face upon seeing the sight of the restaurant. I didn’t ask any questions even though I really wanted to ask why are we even here. Because right now all I want is a big plate of pasta.

“Jonghyun, Heeyoung!” A man and a woman, both in their 50’s, greeted and gave my parents a hug. “Oh is this Hyerin?” the woman asked, as her gaze fall upon me. I flashed a small smile.

“Don’t you remember me?” I look at her slightly confused, at the same time trying to remember the woman in front of me. “Oh!” I snap my fingers, “Aunt Miyoung?” her smile became wide, she nodded her head and gave me a hug.

“It’s good that you still me remembered me.” She gave me a genuine smile as we pull away, “Oh let’s all sit down.”

Mr. and Mrs. Ko, are my parents’ long time friends, they own one of the biggest technology company here in Korea. About 8 or 9 years ago, they went to the States to expand their business more.

“Where is your son?” dad questioned upon seeing the empty seat beside Mrs. Ko. “He’s out with his friends, but he’s on his way now.”

It was a few minute later when the said boy came, “Sorry I’m late.” He bowed before sitting on the empty seat beside Mrs. Ko and in front of me. I gave him a small smile and bow as his gaze turn to me.

“Okay now that we’re all here.” Mrs. Ko started, “We would like to tell you some good news.” Mr. Ko nodded his head at her wife, Dong min and I turned to the older woman who has a huge smile on her face.

“Dong min, Hyerin.”

“You’re getting married.”

Oh just got real…

I stared wide eyes at them, while the young man in front of me stayed silent and has no expression at all.

“HOW IS THAT GOOD NEWS?!”

 


 

Hi everyoneeeee \o/

tell me how's chapter 2 okay? :3