Running Away

Rebound Girl

After the performance Yul and Sunggyu still didn't talk to eachother. Although it made the members and themself feel awkward no one said anything. As Yul was leaving she heard a familiar giggle from a room.

'Shouldn't everyone be gone now?' She thought and then walked towards the room. The door was slightly opened and there was people inside. Yul peeked in and saw a man against the wall, a pair of hands on his chest.

She shook her head, idols these days. She was about to turn away when suddenly she realized the voice. She quiickly turned around just in time to catch Soyu's face. She was here with this guy? Yul was sure she was dating Sunggyu, but why was she here?

"When are you going to end it with that 'boyfriend' of yours" The guys asked as he pulled her in for a hug. She pushed him away slightly and giggled.

"Sunggyu oppa? Oh he's just for fame, my love is you Oppa" She said as she tiptoed up to place a kiss onto the man's lips. Yul shivered in disgust and wanted tomarch in there and beat up Soyu. How can Soyu do this to Sunggyu? The man Yul has always loved was not even looking at Yul but is with a woman like Soyu?

Yul figured she had to tell him, he should know before he get's his heartbroken again. As she backed up she accidently kicked her makeup box making a loud noise.

"Who's there?!" Soyu's voice rose.

She quickly left and ran down to where the van was parked. The members and staff were waiting for her. She apologized and loaded the trunk with her makeup and got it. She sat next to Woohyun, noticing Sunggyu is the front seat. he didn't even bother to look at her. She sighed and as if Woohyun knew what was wrong he put a hand on her arm and rubbed her arm. She smiled at him and looked behind to find Soyu looking at the leaving van.

After they arrived at the dorm and as the members pulled out she ran to Sunggyu and pulled him aside, a shocked expression on his face.

"Yah, what are you doing?" He said but didn't push her away.

"I just need him for a minute" She said to the manager and pulled Sunggyu inside to the corner where they had fought. She looked up to his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Gyu, I'm going to tell you something, but you have to believe me" She said as she grabbed his shoulders. His eyes were tired and confused. After almost two days of the silent treatment, Yul's attitude took another 360 turn.

'What?" He said as he put his hands into his pockets.

"Look, after today...I left last and I saw something I wasn't supposed to see." She said as slow as she can. Sunggyu shook his head in unison, trying to understand what she was trying to say.

"I saw Soyu with another man" She finally spat out and avoided Sunggyu's face.

"What?" He asked his voice confused. She took deep breath and tried to repeat what she just said.

"I saw Soyu with.."

"Oppa!" Soyu's voice came from the doorway and had cut off what Yul wanted to say. Soyu ran to Sunggyu and grabbed his arm.

"Soyu, why are you here?" Sunggyu asked looking at her.

"Oppa, this person here is trying to blackmail me, don't listen to her" Soyu said as she tugged Sunggyu's arm.

"What? I saw you cheating on Gyu! How can you lie you little liar!" Yul yelled walking towards Soyu but Sunggyu shielded her.

"What?!" Sunggyu shouted in frustration. He looked at Soyu and then Yul, not sure who to trust.

"Oppa, she's just jealous and trying to take you away from me!" Soyu said and that angered Yul even more.

"If you loved him that much you wouldn't even cheat on him you !"

A hand had slapped Yul across the face. Her cheek was burning and she looked up to see who did it.

Sunggyu.

His face was in shock but he held his position.

"Don't call my girlfriend a " he said as he looked away.

Yul was hurt and confused. Sunggyu had just slapped her. He never got angry at her and had never really hit her. Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at Sunggyu.

"Gyu..." The words couldn't come out.

"I understand you are my best friend and want what's best for me, but isn't this going overboard?" Sunggyu took Soyu's side. Yul was hurt.

"Yes, I want what's best for you, I always have" She said through the tears.

"Then why are you like this? Think about me too. I finally found happiness, why are you trying to destroy it?" His face had turned dark and looked at Yul with hatred.

The last words hit her like bullets to her heart.

"What about my happiness? Have you ever once thought about how I felt? I felt pain when you were sad and happiness when you were happy. I was laways there for you, but for what benefit? I was there only to come to this?"

Sunggyu felt guilty instantly and tried to reach out to Yul but she backed away.

"Goodbye Gyu" She said through her tears and took off. He wanted to chase after but Soyu held him back. The image of her back broke his heart to pieces.

Soyu's phone went off and Sunggyu grabbed it from her hand. She started to grab for it but then Sunggyu opened up the text first.

"Come home soon Jagiya"

It came from a man. He looked at Soyu and she grabbed the phone from him.

"Yul was telling the truth?" He said shocked and Soyu panicked. Ending it would be her only excuse. She strated towards Sunggyu.

"So what! At least I got fame while we were together!" She said as she kissed him on the cheeks. He pushed her away and looked the direction where Yul took off. Soyu left and before he realized that he lost Soyu, he also realized his best friend who was his first love and had always been was also gone.

The next day Yul didn't come to work and it worried Sunggyu more. He was unsure how to contact her after what happened. But then shocking news came.

"Miss Hwang Eun Yul has resigned" Their manager said as he walked in. Sunggyu shot up.

"What?" He said as he walked towards the manager.

"I don't know, she called in today, says she got a job overseas" The manager walked past Sunggyu.

"Overseas?" Hoya said, barely a whisper.

"why didn't noona tell us she was leaving?" L said.

Sunggyu shook his head. It was all his fault.

"Tell the managers I'll be back soon" He said as he took off. He ran off as fast as he could towards Yul apartment. He ran up the stairs to her apartment only to find the door unlocked. He stopped to catch his breath and then opened the door.

The apartment was empty. He walked around the empty apartment. Yul really left. His tears started falling without him noticing but then something caught his eye. On the kitchen counter was Yul's pink ipod and a note. He picked up the note.

Gyu,

This song is for you.

Yul

He found a picture that they tookt he first day they met in highschool next to the letter. He quickly  picked up the ipod and found that there was only one song on it.

He pressed play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhMLihHVVwE

(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO THE SONG AS WELL AND READ THE SONG. IT'LL HELP MAKE THIS NEXT SCENE MORE EMOTIONAL!)

After the song ended Sunggyu cried to himself. He sat down and rubbed his head. How could he be such an idiot? He had always loved Yul, but was afraid that if he told her, it would make their friendship awkward. He had no idea she felt this way. The song lyrics stuck in his head.

Although it's hard and upsetting, tomorrow also I'll still love you, more than yesterday I'll love you

He was lost and didn't know what to do but suddenly his phone went off. Must be his manager, he thought. He wiped his eyes.

"Yeobasaeyo?"

"Sunggyu? It's me! Ye Jin."

Sunggyu nodded and tried to hide the tears from his friend. Before he could answer Ye Jin shouted at him.

"Yullie would kill me if she knew I told you, but she hasn't left just yet oppa" Sunggyu stood up right away.

"Where and when?" He asked already leaving the house. Ye Jin told him the place and that Yul boards in 30 minutes. He ran to the airport as fast as he can, not wanting to lose another chance.