005.

⚜ The Beauty in My Lie [DISCONTINUED]

 


[Yixing]

I packed my clothing into a duffle bag, clothing enough for at least a 2 weeks.

I threw the bag over my shoulders and walked out into the living room where she was sitting at the bar, her feet dangling childishly with a grin across her face.

“Are you going now?” She asked quietly as I walked towards her as slowly as I can.  I nodded and gave her a faint smile, “mmm, I’ll be leaving now.” I answered.

Her hair bounced gently on her shoulders as she hopped off the bar stool.  “hmmm…okay.” She sighed as she walked into my open arms. 

I squeezed her softly, “Why do you seem so down? I thought you were happy to have this all to yourself?” I asked, chuckling just a bit as I ruffled her bangs, slowly pulling away from her.

“Did you not want me to miss you?” she cocked her head to the side and pouted adorably.  Her eye brows furrowed in just slightly as I answered her, “no…I wouldn’t want you to miss me.”

Because it was true.

She should have some time to herself, to do all the things she wants to before I come back, when ever it may be. 

Plus…if she doesn’t miss me, I wouldn’t have to constantly worry over her as I’m away.

I kissed her forehead softly as she opened the door.  “I’ll call every day to check up on you.  If you’re not feeling well, go straight to the hospital.” I told her as she cutely pouted once more.

“Ahh~~” she sighed, “yes, doctor.” She stuck her tongue out before pushing me out the door, “Go have fun cause I won’t miss you nagging me at all.” She grinned before waving.

I smiled at her and reached my hands over to ruffle her bangs once more before walking down the hall.


I could hear the apartment phone going off inside as I turned the key and opened the door.

I walked inside having the door close behind me.  The phone continued to ring as I walked passed it and into the small living room area and pulled open the blinds.

The disappearing sun shined through the window as I turned my back and went to answer the call.

“Hello?”

“Yixing! What took you so long??” the voice on the other end stated, “it’s Jongin. Prepare—Sehun, Jongdae and I are coming over for a get together at your place right now.  Don’t worry just clean your place up, we’ve got the drinks.”

I took a deep breath, about to answer when he cut me off.

“We’re almost there—no turning back now.” He laughed into the phone before hanging up on me.

I put the phone down before looking around the apartment that’s been untouched for weeks.

I quickly unpacked the clothes and placed it inside drawers, hanging dress shirts inside the closet and going around cleaning and dusting off counters and tables.

I walked back into the bedroom before looking around the room that might indicate that Miyoung was still alive.

Just then the doorbell rang.  I straightened and walked back to into the living room and through the kitchen before pressing the button to let the 3 guys inside.

“This is nice, Yixing….” Jongin stated as he walked inside, “When are you planning to upgrade?? You’re going to become a doctor soon right?” He asked me as I just smiled and nodded.

I wasn’t planning on upgrading anytime soon.  Paying rent for 2 places was already a drag, but they don’t know about the nicer condo I live in with Miyoung.

Jongdae slapped my shoulders, “You don’t look excited to see us at all!” He laughed as he lifted a box of beer up, “Look what I brought~” He sang as he walked through the kitchen and into the living room, placing the box on the recently dusted table.

I followed after all of them into the living room.  “Ahh, no. It’s just, I’ve been busy with medical school and getting my internship in before the deadline.  It’s been hectic.” I sighed as I sat down.

I looked up just as Sehun handed me a bottle, “it’s nice knowing you’re doing well, Yixing.  You never come back and visit anymore.” He stated as I nodded my head, “yeah…I’ve just been busy lately.”

“Girlfriend?”  Jongdae snickered, “Do you have a girlfriend you’re hiding from us?” He chuckled.  I straightened and swallowed the lump in my throat.

I took a sip before clearing my throat, “No…I’m too busy with that too.”

Jongin and Jongdae burst out into a loud laughter, “Oh come on! We’re just playing with you, Yixing!”  Jongin slapped his thighs, “you’re still the same old Yixing even after 4 years.”  He chuckled before taking a sip.

“Ah! Sehun! Tell him the news!”

I looked over at Sehun who has been sitting quietly, minding his own business.  “News?” I raised a brow at the guys in front of me.

“Yeah…” He sighed before reaching into his inside coat pocket and pulling out a lavender envelope.   “Here.” He slid it across the table before I reached out and grabbed it.

Lavender? Envelope?

I flipped it over and opened it, taking out the cream cardstock paper.

You are cordially invited to the coming together of

Lee Minah and Oh Sehun

On August the Twenty-forth at six o'clock in the evening

Held at the banquet hall in the Marriot hotel

“—You’re getting married!?” I chocked and looked up shocked.  “Since when?”

I saw Jongdae smiling from the corner of my eyes, “Yeah, we’ve been too busy to say anything, and it was all so quick too so we just thought it was best for Sehun to tell you when we came over for business matters.”

I shook my head, “Sehun…”

“It was her decision…” he muttered quietly before Jongin interrupted, “—hey, it was her decision, but you don’t have to go around telling everyone that.  Do you know how she’ll feel if she found out you’ve been telling everyone that?”

Sehun took another long sip and leaned back against the couch, “only the Exo guys know…and I know you guys won’t go saying anything to her, so I’m okay.” He sighed heavily, completely ignoring my question.

“Sehun…since when?” I asked against, pressing firm so that he’d actually answer.

“Just a couple months ago.  She wanted a quick wedding too so we’re having it here in the New York after we’ve settled the business matters which should be done before August.” He answered.

I swallowed hard.

The room went silent for a while.  No one knew what to say—how to break the silence.

I opened my mouth to ask who but Jongdae stood up, taking a gulp of beer and turned around, “Let me explore this apartment of yours, Yixing.” He stated before Jongin joined him, laughing nervously, “Yeah…I’m going to go look around too.” He stated before I just let them go.

I fell back against the couch.

“…so, ummm…how have you been?” I heard him ask me quietly.

I looked up after a while and nodded, “Fine…I’ve been fine. You?”  I smiled a bit, “I mean, you’re getting married soon, so you’re probably anxious and whatnot, am I correct?”

Finally, he chuckled.  “Nah, I just want to get it over with.  I mean, I already have business issues to deal with and Minah always wants me to help with the wedding preparations say how she doesn’t like going to the meetings with the wedding planner by herself, you know? Typical girl stuff.” He chuckled, “but it’s not like I can do anything about it.  I already told her that I wouldn’t be able to do anything so we should wait, but she really want to get married fast.”

I smiled, “Why is that?” I raised a brow before he straightened, “no, no, no! it’s not that! Seriously!” He defended himself, “We haven’t even had yet!” He waved his hands and shook his head, “trust me…that is not it.”

I burst out into a good laugh at his reaction, “Ohh, Sehun, you did not need to tell me that.” I laughed, “anyways…it’s nice to see you laughing again….” I spoke softly.

He placed the beer can on the table and nodded, “Yeah…I mean, it took me a while, but you know…I have to forget in order to move on, right?”

“Zhang Yixing!?”

I heard the two guys shriek down the hall before I straightened and stood up.

“What the hell is this!?” I heard jongin’s voice boom through as he furiously walked over to me and gripped my shirt, “What the-”

“Calm down, Jongin!” Sehun rushed over and broke him away from me.  “Explain before you start taking action!” Sehun shouted as Jongdae came running into the living room.

“Explain this!” He shoved a picture into my face.  I stumbled back before regaining my balance and grabbing the photo in his hands.

“Why the hell is there a picture of you and Miyoung together—I mean it seems-”

My eyes widened.  “Where did you find this…?” I asked with a shaky voice.

“It was lying on the floor by the front of your bed.” Jongdae replied as he took the picture back to examine it more.

I didn’t know how to reply.

That picture was taken at the airport when she went to send me off back to Korea 2 years ago for some business matters. 

“So what if he has a picture of Miyoung and him.  She’s gone now-”

“You don’t understand—” Jongin cut in, “It look recent—like I’ve never seen-”

He stop midsentence when Sehun grabbed the picture away from Jongdae to look at him.  My body froze as his eyes narrowed.  He was probably examining everything.

Sehun shook his head slowly, “no…no, it can’t be—be-because she’s gone…this picture—even…even if it looks recent—” he turned to look at me, “you must have just taken good care of it so that it would still look new…and whatnot, right?” he asked me.

I looked at him, my mouth opened a bit but nothing would come out. 

“Right?” He asked again and all I could do was stare.

“Of course…of course it is.” Jongdae nodded and took the picture back, “umm…so—you should throw it out or something.” He stated. “I-I’ll just—just-”

I held my hand out, “give it to me.” I stated before he hesitantly handed it over.  “Sorry, it was lying on the ground so I picked it up…” he apologized before I shook my head, “No…don’t worry about it.” I reassured him.

Jongin relaxed, “Yixing…you need to move on, seriously.  Even Sehun’s moved on already.”

I looked over at him.  Sehun was extremely silent now.  After the picture, I’m sure feeling for her and memories with her came flooding back into his mind, no doubt. 

Jongdae laughed nervously, “So…why don’t we sit down…and—and talk about business matters.” He stated before Jongin nodded, “Yeah—let’s do that.”

So I followed after them and sat down on the couch again.

“We actually came to talk about business related ordeals.” Jongin stated, dropping the topic of Miyoung  entirely.

I looked over at Sehun who stared blankly at the table in front of him as Jongin spoke of business and company matters.  I nodded my head every once in a while, catching some important words and putting them together as I continues to stare at Sehun who showed no sign of interest.

He wasn’t over her.

He wasn’t over her at all.


GAHHH!!! Sorry for the lame chapter too. AND YAY MEE! I updated like I told you all I would!! ^^ I hope you guys had fun reading this, I'm looking forward to actually writing more of this story now since I kind of have a plan of how the story will play out.

TeeHeee :)) Sorry I was neglecting this story so much too. OTL

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))