Chapter 42

Two Hearts and an Angel

Chapter 42

 

Lily’s POV

 

How I wish we’ll stay like this forever.

His arms wrapping me makes me feel secure, his presence alone is enough to make me feel complete. Kai, if only you knew how much I don’t want us to part ways because it scares me being alone facing those threats but I love you even if they’ll hurt or curse me, I will stay strong for  you babe.

 

“So, you’re ready for graduation??” he asks softly still cuddling me.

 

”Not yet.” I replied.

 

“Wae? If I’m not mistaken it’s on Friday right?”

 

“Yup, it’s just that I don’t know what to do after graduation.” I frown.

 

“Aish. Cheer up babe, I know you know it, you’re just confused.” He said poking my cheek with his finger.

 

“Hmmm..”

 

“I’ll see you on Friday,ok?” He added and I turn to him in disbelief.

 

“Jeongmal??”I ask in excitement.

 

“Yes but I might not get near you, mianhe. The 5 of us will congratulate Sehun with the media covering the entire program.” He said erasing the joy in my face.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll meet secretly before the program starts,is that ok?” he added making me feel better.

 

“Are you sure? They might see us.” I bite the inside of my cheek.

 

He raises and gently places his palms in my cheeks then pecks a kiss on my lips.

“I don’t care, I’ll meet you in the dance studio.” He said.

 

“Babo.” I mumble.

 

“what?!” he exclaimed.

 

“Babo.” I repeated.

 

“say it more and you’ll see.” He said with eyes full of passion.

 

“Ahahaha.BABO.KIM JONGING BABO :P” I teased and stick out my tongue at him.

 

Kai suddenly pecks my lips and I repeated “BABO” then he pecks me again until we ended up just kissing each other.

 

“EHEM.EHEM.” Luhan-oppa interrupted.

 

“Oppaaa!!” I immediately pulled away from Kai’s lips.

 

“Hey princess, I saw this outside. I think it’s for you.”  Luhan-oppa said handing an elegant box to me.

Could it be from LJ? Or a prank?

Should I open it?

Aish.

 

“Luhan you’re already here, oh what’s that mei mei? A gift from that guy again?” Lay-gege appeared.

 

“Who’s guy??” Luhan-oppa and Kai ask in unison then look at each other.

 

“Who else could it be? Of course that..” I covered Lay-gege’s mouth before he could finish it.

 

“Gege..” I whined and haul the box with me.

 

“Where are you going  meimei? Open it here.” Gege insisted.

 

“Aish.Fine.” I said and place it in the table.

 

“So that guy you told me that’s giving you presents? LJ right, babe?” Kai asks and I nodded.

Please let it be just a gift from LJ please >.<

And I slowly undo the ribbon on top of it and it’s not that what I was hoping for. A weird white tattered dress with mud all over it stunned my eyes, same goes to Lay-gege, Luhan-oppa and Kai. What should I tell them now? I can’t tell them the truth, no way.

 

“Oh. What’s that?” gege asks.

 

What now? What should I say?

 

Their eyes grow suspicious every second.

 

 

“ah-ah—ah cool..thi-this is already our outfit for the senior’s party? Da-da-dae-daebak.” I fib stuttering.

 

“Really? That’s weird aren’t you going with a girly dress?” Kai furrowed his brows in curiosity.

 

“Ha? Ah. This is for our guild’s performance on stage.heh.heh.hehe” I fake a laugh.

 

“Ok.?” He replied confused.

 

Then all of a sudden mom called us for dinner and I hurriedly close the box and stride to my bedroom to hide it there, leaving those three in the living room. I know, I really at lying *Sigh* I just hope they won’t find out.

 

 

~

Kai’s POV

I hop out of the van with cold wind passes by me making me feel chilly. It’s really winter but these guys never runs out of energy, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are energetic as ever while Suho-hyung and D.O-hyung are occupied with flowers. We’re going to attend Sehun’s graduation today and my girlfriend’s too :)

I texted her that I’ll wait up in the dance studio right now and she’s already on her way. I checked my pocket to see the necklace I bought for her and bump to someone familiar. She looks up at me and muttered “Oppaa..?” before I could speak a word Baekhyun-hyung step in the middle and greeted Yunhee.

 

“Yunhee! Congratulations for graduating! Here a bouquet for you.” He said pulling out one bouquet from D.O who seems shocked of Baek’s sudden actions.

 

“Thanks. I’ll be leaving first. Bye.” She said striding away like she’s avoiding someone.

 

“Look who’s making a move.” Chanyeol said to Baekhyun while wrapping his arm around baek’s neck.

 

“I’ll be back.” I said and followed Yunhee.

 

 

I scanned the area and see her back from a distance, so I run up to catch her and to finally talk to her.

 

“Yunhee..” I said panting and she turns to face me but she averted me instantly.

 

“Yunhee let’s talk.” I insisted blocking her way then some people started to queer in our conversation.

Yunhee just rolled her eyes and haul me to an empty room. We stand there silently for several minutes and she finally started to talk.

 

“What is it oppa??”she said while staring out in a window.

 

“I just missed you Yunhee. Are you doing fine?” I said.

 

“Can you stop it oppa? Please stop saying things like that.” She replied.

 

I stunned and wonder why she’d say that, making me speechless.

 

“Everytime you do that it’s making me fall for you again oppa, so please don’t do it.” She said sounding like she’s gonna burst into tears.

 

“Ok, if that’s what you want Yunhee but can I ask a favor?” I asked and tap her shoulder to make her face me.

 

“What is it?” she said with tears in the edge of her lids.

 

“Please stop avoiding me. We’re friends Yunhee and we’ll still be.” I said.

 

Then tears just started to cascade from her eyes making me feel guilty.

 

“Ouch.ahahaha...” She burst into laughter while erasing the streak of tears.

 

“Oppa..I know, so stop saying it over and over again because it really hurts.”

 

“But don’t worry oppa even if it hurts I really do understand my role in your life. So I won’t avoid you anymore but one thing first can you forget everything I did? And forgive me.” She said turning red.

 

“Don’t worry I already forgive you and let’s bring back again the friendship we had :)” I said ruffling her hair.

 

“Gomawo oppa..” she said and hugged me.

 

“No, thank you for the last time you help me find Lily.” I replied her hair and then she pull out.

 

“That was nothing because it was my fault in the first place.” She murmured.

 

“Oppa??” She called.

 

“Do  you know Minhyun??” She added.

 

“Yup,I know him. Wae ?” I asks.

 

“She’s been around L and his presence is really bothering me.” She said worriedly.

 

“Don’t worry I think he’s a good person.” I replied but do I really know that guy? I even entrust L’s safety to him when I’m not around. Why do I feel like something is wrong? Hwang Minhyun do I really trust you?

 

~

 

Lily’s POV

The weather is cold for winter is here, so I dressed up in my uniform and piled a coat above it as I ready myself for my high school graduation. Lay-gege is driving while appa is in the front seat with him and umma is beside me checking if my hair is not in a mess. I’ll be seeing Kai first and he’s going to give me something he said. I excused myself for a while after arriving in the hall and I stride pass the corridors on my way to the dance studio when I suddenly heard I loud bang from a corner where the lockers are located. Oh..! I forgot to clean up my locker, aish. I still have some of my things there but why is that someone is kind of mad there? So, I check it in full curiosity and as I take a peek in the corner. . . . .

 

I can’t believe it.

 

I won’t believe it either.

 

Why is he ruining my locker??

 

Why is he staining it with red paint?

 

Why does he look so different? So FRIGHTENING MAD?

 

Why??

 

 

Why Minhyun??