Proper Introduction

One Shot

Your POV

When my class before lunch ends I grab a hold of Jongup’s shirt and freeze in fear.

Jongup doesn’t seem to catch on instead he drags my to the lunch room.

When I sit down with a tray of food it seems to silent.

Youngjae walks to the table and about everyone is here since Zelo is still in High school.

“So please explain what the heck is going on here,” Yongguk more so orders us… well Youngjae when his eyes made it to me they softened a bit.

Hyuna and I are half siblings.”

I sigh since Youngjae doesn’t know the story all he knows is our dad slept with my mom then about 10 years later my mom went nuts.

He doesn’t know that my mom was nuts when our uncle, her husband, had died.

“Can we explain this with Zelo? I think he should know the full story about me and my brother… If he can be called even that.”

“Hey, I thought we made up?” my brother whines in my ear.

I push him away causing him to fall from his seat and I smile sweetly, “Who ever said that?”

The day went by pretty well until I realized that soon i was going to be spilling my whole life story to the one person I’ve tried to hide it from.

Soon we’re in their little hideout and I feel like i’m going to throw up all over everything near me.

Youngjae seems to know what’s going through my mind cause he brings me a glass of water and some crackers.

I look around and smile, “So this is the hideout.”

I look around and see it’s nothing special, but it could be called someone’s home.

I notice Zelo coming in through the open garage and walk up to us.

“Noona, what are you doing here?”

“I’m here to talk about my brother.”

“Who?”

I look away from Zelo and say, “My big brother, Yoo Youngjae.”

Zelo looks between us and falls down laughing, “This is a prank, right? That’s what this morning was all about.”

I get up and hit Zelo and scream, “You think it’s funny. I’m Young Jae's half sister. Our dad cheated on Young Jae's mom with mine who was his late brother’s wife. That after 9 years my mother lost it and tried to kill me.”

Zelo looks at me shocked then pulls me into a hug, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I said that.”

I start hitting his chest, “You’re such a jerk, Junhong. You never listen to the full explanation.”

Junhong hugs me tighter whispering his apologizes over and over again until I calm down and go back to my seat.

Everyone is looking at me dumbfounded even my brother.

“So can you tell us the whole story?” Yongguk asks me.

I nod my head and notice that Zelo sits at my right side holding my hand as Youngjae is at my left side almost as to be moral support.

“Well I guess like I said earlier my father had an affair with my mother after his twin brother died. My mother had drugged him and slept with him. Nine months later I was born. At first my mother had no problem with me, but soon something in her started to crack. I think it started with my grandmother stopping by and how she saw me since I left my room. It seems that I’ve always been locked up to be hidden from prying eyes. She started to question who I was my mother lied and said she adopted me. Yet my grandmother didn’t buy it. About a month later after she tried to see me again my mother snapped and tried to kill me. My mother poisoned me after I served her beatings the day before since I left the confines of the house. Later my father found out about me after hearing my mother’s break down. He suspected that I was his daughter right away and asked for a DNA test. Next thing I knew I was being taken into his car though his wife hates me since I’m a reminder of what her husband had done. I went from 1 prison to another just the new 1 gave me a bit more freedom. I’m just not allowed to tell anyone who I am. My ‘mother’ finds it embarrassing. Yet she could easily lie and tell people that I’m her husband’s niece that they took in.”

I notice how everyone has mad and depressed looks.

Zelo’s grip on my hand had tightened and it even hurt a little bit compared to the kind of pain I’ve gone through in my past.

Youngjae he looks like he wants to vomit.

Soon I hear him whisper, “Is that why mother uses you as a scapegoat? That’s why you have taken all the blame for everything bad that happens?”

I nod my head and look at the ceiling, “Yup, but it’s not like it matters. It’s all in my past… I guess it’s probably going to start up again soon.”

Zelo sighs as he leans back and asks, “Don't you have another older brother?’

I look at him surprised, “How did you know about my other half-brother?”

“Oh, he kind of teachers at my school. He saw you the other day and asked about you.”

“What?”

I look at Zelo, “What’s his name?”

“Lee Jong Hoon, he’s a new teacher at the school this year. He transferred from a school in New York.”

I curse, “I told him not to worry about me?’

“What?”

“It’s just ever since my mother’s breakdown my brother Jonghoon has had a habit of checking up on me. The fact he’s a teacher that kinds of annoys me, but it makes sense.”

Though I thought he had a different job.

I sit up right and look at Zelo, “Stay away from him. You understand me he just spells trouble. Do whatever you can do have little to no contact with him.”

My phone goes off and I check it.

I sigh as I jump up and mumble something about getting fresh air.

 

When I get to a park far from them I sigh and sit down.

I hear leaves behind me so I sit up fast and go to kick the person in the head.

I feel my foot being caught so I twist out of the hold and kick them in the head this time I get them.

“Is that how you say hi to your older brother?”

I hit him so I give him a bloody nose, “Hell yea. What do you want Jonghoon?”

“Oh nothing I just wanted to make sure my baby sister wasn’t going to be getting mixed up in a bad crowd. You know what happened before.”

I cringe and my hand touches my shoulder where I was shot back in New York and one of my friends was killed.

‘That wasn’t a bad crowd. It was called being mugged jackass.”

I storm off and he shouts, “Is that what you really think or is that what you tell yourself? Do you even know who BAP is? What they do? You know nothing and jump to conclusions again. You realize that’s what got my wife killed.”

Before he can say anything else I turn around and flip him off, “Don’t try too contact me again or else there will be problems, Jonghoon.”

 

I stack off back to my home to see Youngjae sitting on the steps waiting for me.

“Are you alright?”

I nod my head.

He sighs in relief taking me in his arms, “Don’t ever do that again. Look don't go anywhere without 1 of us with you.”

“One of us?”

“Yeah, BAP cause I worry about you.” He puts his hand on my old wound and smiles, “we are here to protect you. Even if you’re mixed up in bad things.”

I smile as he pulls me inside and I see BAP sitting in the living room waiting for me.

“Dad took mom out on a date an hour ago so no worries. Now it’s time to get proper intro’s in.”

They went around the room and everyone tells me their name, age (birthday), favorite thing, and what they do for BAP.

“Why are you telling me all of this?” I ask my brother being purely curious.

“Cause I need my hacker.”

I glare at my brother, “No, not gonna happen. I haven’t hacked into anything for a long while now.”

My brother sighs, “Oh well it was worth a try.”

I don’t ask them what they do since I’m not sure I want to since what Jonghoon said as I walked away keeps ringing in my head.