Home

One Shot

I sigh when Yongguk pulls up in front of my house and he seems to stop and think, “This place feels familiar.”

“Really, I think my parents moved here a little bit after I left. I can't be sure.”

Zelo knows that I’m not entirely lying since he remembers my old house, but he’s also probably wondering how I got to a way better part of town.

I smile at Zelo as I give him a hug, “I’ll see you around Zelo-ah. It was nice meeting you, Yongguk-ssi.”

He nods to me as I exit the SUV, “It was nice meeting one of Zelo’s friends for once.”

I smile at them and walk away to the hell that I call home.

I watch them leave and enter the home with my bags at my side.

Sadly my parents were at the door waiting for me.

“Rose, where were you?”

“I was hanging out with Junhong,” I tell them as I go to take off my shoes and push my bags into the house.

“Why are you bothering with that brat?” I hear my mother say to me.

“Oh sorry I’m not like my brother,” I answer coldly.

I walk to where I know my room will be.

It’s in the far corner of the house away from everyone elses room.

They even have the ing practice room away from my room.

I scream in frustration and throw my bags into the room, walk inside, and lock the door.

I’m not sure how long it is until I hear my brother’s annoying voice and my parents right away praising him even though he has always come home later than I have.

I sigh when I hear him knock on my door, but to make sure he can't enter my room.

“Come on sis don't you want to give your big brother a hug. you haven’t seen me for how long and I don't’ even get a hi.”

I ignore him keeping my door locked and bolted.

“Come on you still can’t hate me?”

I keep my door bolted but open it a crack, “Yes, I still hate you and want nothing to do with you. It’s because of your ing mistake that your parents sent me to live with Aunt Psychopath.”

“She’s not that bad,” he tried to defend our crazy family member.

“She stabbed a cop with a screw driver because he touched her car door. That’s probably one of the only reasons mom and dad accepted to let me come back here.”

“Come on it’s not like they expected her to go crazy after the incident.”

I roll my eyes and slam my door shut knowing that I hit him with my door, “Well I don't care leave me alone.”

I take in a deep breathe and mumble, “Glad to be home. I am glad to be home.”

I know it’s not entirely a lie, but it sure in hell feels like it.

I walk up to my bed and jump under the covers glad that I spent the day with Yong Guk and Zelo.

Just thinking of the day isn’t helping so i pull out my phone and slip through the pictures that I took with them.

I feel a tiny amount of happiness start to shine for me.

Since they made it so I  felt like I  was welcomed home instead of being pulled into a small prison my parents created for me.

 

My alarm clock wakes me up and I sigh, “Yay time to go to the university. Maybe I can stop by Zelo’s school to say hi to him.”

I look around and decide to grab one of the heavy metal shirts I brought from my stay in America. I slip on one of the tank tops and grab a pair of black studded shorts. I look around to find a pair of simple knee high converse.

I slip my outfit on and sigh, “I look like some wannabe emo brat.”

I shrug and look around my room and decide to just put on some random bracelets and a necklace.

I exit my room to see my parents looking at me in disgust and my brother surprised by my new look.

“What are you wearing?”

“Clothing, unless you want me to go out in the ,” I tell her.

I open the cupboards to find a packet of Breakfast Essentials and walk to the fridge to grab the milk carton.

“You are not wearing that in public,” my father tells me.

“Or what going to throw me out of the house again. I’m not sure if we have anymore relatives and I can go around telling people who my parents really are. Also the secret on what really happened for that I was framed for that arson not that any of you would care about my name being cleared."

My father glares at me as I calmly mix my ‘breakfast’ for I can leave.

“Don’t worry I won’t be telling anyone who my family is. I mean my last name was never changed to your’s so it’s not like it matters... Dad.”

I almost see steam coming from his ears as I sit on the counter having a fun little stare off with him.

“Sis, do you want me to take you to school?”

I lift an eyebrow, “No, I’m fine. I can walk to school thank you very much.”

I place my glass in the kitchen sink, “I guess I’ll see you all when I get home.”

I leave my father steaming in the kitchen, my mother seemed to be a bit worried, and my brother shocked and confused.

I bet they are all wondering what happened to the little girl that use to live here.

I smile to myself as I brush my hair to the side and look around the neighborhood.

I didn't realize how far we lived from my university, but truthfully I’m not all that shocked by it.

I look around and try to figure out what building I’ll be going to first.

I sigh when some kid runs into me.

I turn around to see a vaguely familiar guy standing behind me.

“Oh Hyuna-noona,” he says.

I lift my eyebrow, “Do I know you puppy?”

“You use to call me Lost Puppy all the time. I’m Jongup... Do you not remember me?”

I look at him then a light goes off in my head, “Oh the Lost Puppy. It’s nice to see you again.”

He nods his head, “I never thought we’d be going to the same school again.”

I chuckle as I mess around his hair, “Well what have I always said never say never.”

He nods his head and I look up to see Yongguk entering the campus grounds.

“Yongguk-ssi,” I shout out to him causing him to look up to see me.

“Ahh Rose it’s odd to know that you’re in my school.”

I shrug, “I am a year and a half older than Zelo.”

He nods his head, “Well do you need help?”

I nod my head and hold out my schedule, “I’m completely lost.”

He looks down at my schedule and gasps, “Are you trying to kill yourself?”

I shrug, “The less time I spend at home the better also I’m not sure what I want to do with my life just yet.”

He shakes his head, “Man you are crazy,” I know he’s avoiding my home subject after yesterday.

He looks at the courses again then looks at Jongup, “Her first class is with you.”

“Really?” He takes the schedule and nods his head, “This is good it doesn’t seem to be that any of her courses are with Himchan. So his hitting on her will be delayed.”

Yongguk nods his head, “I know and I don’t want to explain to Zelo what had happened today for him to get mad at Himchan again.”

“Oh I’ve heard a bit about Himchan from Zelo and is he really a big of a flirt?”

They start laughing, “He is probably the one that had that name created to talk about himself. Also he’s big on skinship.”

“If he tries to hit on me or touch me I’m going to break a bone in his body,” I tell them being completely serious about this.

I see them look up and call some people over to us.

I look up to see my brother standing with them.

I lift an eyebrow as I bid them goodbye and walk away deciding I’d rather get lost than spend unnecessary time with my brother.

Jongup seemed to notice me leave and left with me, “What was up with that?”

“I thought I’d look around the campus since it’s my first here.”

“Ahh well this is probably be what you’ll be calling home.”

I nod my head, “Yeah, this will be my home well I’ll be staying in Seoul and going to the university here. That home is not one it’s more of a hell or prison.”