The Hacker named Rose

One Shot

Your POV

I look at them as I slowly move over to them, “What about Zelo loving me in a romantic way?”

Youngjae simply sighs as he leans back on the table and looks at me, “Ask him yourself it’s not our place too tell you.”

“Fine I will,” I tell them while holding my head up high.

My brother laughs at me as he leans back, “So have you heard from Jonghoon?”

I glare as I look at him as I say, “No, now the name Jonghoon and such is off limits.”

“Fine by me the guy is a jerk.”

I chuckle as I look at them then the sky, “Ahh… I guess I should probably start heading to the library.”

“Aren't you caught up and ahead already?” Youngjae asks me.

“Yeah, but I’m bored and I have nothing else to do.”

 

I sit down at a computer in the library and stare at the screen that is already logged onto the school’s system.

I look around as I pull up a large corporation that’s under investigation for all kinds of crimes.

I look around as I look around glad that the computers don’t have cameras.

As I gather what I need I log off and send the information to the police.

I lean back in the seat as I look at the time and see I still have half an hour before my class.

I sigh when i decide I’ll just sit in the classroom and read or something.

 

I walk too the room too see that it’s empty which I’m perfectly fine with as I smile as I pull up my own laptop.

I pull up the most recent chapter too a online comic that I’ve been reading has been added.

I smile when i see that the author had added a good 20 pages too her story.

I smile happily as I sit at the computer humming a nice happy song.

I look up too see Jungshin walk into the room and hand me my notebook, “Thanks again for letting borrow it.”

I smile at him kindly, “No problem at all.”

“So what were you doing in the library?”

“I was just checking my grades and such have too make sure they are all updated and such.”

In my head I’m hitting myself for my own stupidity. I sound like a dork.

I look up when I hear laughter and Jungshin says, “Wow, you’re pretty funny Hyuna.”

“It’s Rose,” I tell him.

“Oh like that hacker from a few years ago.”

“Who?”

“Oh I thought you were living in Korea at the time when  hacker was cracking all kinds of codes and such proving companies true faces.”

I chuckle as I look at him, “I like this Rose.”

“A lot of people do… except those she ruined. Though the one’s that she saved from going to jail or just plain proving them innocent made me very greatful for them.”

“You seem to know a lot.”

“Yeah, she saved my father’s company when one of his workers was stealing money from the company and it’s clients.”

I play dumb as I ask, “Why call her Rose though?”

“She would leave a Rose imprint in the files that she’d send too the cops. They started calling her Rose since she was apparently a American proving things like that all over the world. Politicans are afraid of being prove corrupted by her when she proved a few scandals too be true about them.”

“Well I guess they should be happy that’s all this Rose did.”

Jungshin nods his head as he looks at me chuckling, “Your Korean is better than I thought it would be when I first met you truthfully.”

“Ouch, cause you thought I lived there my entire life or for so long?”

“I’m not sure. How long did you live there?”

“I was 13 when they sent me there… So about 5 years maybe a bit more.”

“Why?”

I look at him, “Why do you want to know?”

“Just curious.”

I pull my notebook towards me on the desk and open it as I sat, “Curiosity killed the cat so how won’t it get you killed.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“No, just stating a common phrase. People always say well it’s a good thing I’m not a cat. When really that doesn’t matter really. The phrase is just warning people about curiosity like your curiosity about this hacker Rose.”

He blushes and I notice there’s something off about him still even when he says, “I’m just curious about her…”

“Her? What makes you say that?”

“It’s a rose and she allows herself to be called that so I’m guessing it’s a girl.”

I chuckle as I look at him, “Alright. What do you know about her?”

“Nothing that isn’t on a website made just for her.”

This is interesting, “Really? Can you show me it?”

I push my lap top towards him glad that it’s used for my fun instead of hacking… though today was my first time hacking in over a year.

He nods his head as he shows me the page and I flip through it and use all my strength not to roll my eyes at some of the they say about me. Though most of it is about the things I’ve done which took over 3 pages to say the ones that I didn’t sign. I might have to correct some of this .

“Wow, that’s a bit of a rap sheet.”

“That’s what they know she’s done. I mean who knows if she’s done anything that she didn't’ sign. The people love her yet some government officials, cops, and such say she’s a menace.”

“Well you never know if she’s a real menace or just a vigilante tired of crooks getting away with things and the innocent going to prison for something like that.”

He nods his head and I look at the ceiling as I make up my mind.

I look at the rose that they show on the site and realize that it’s the same picture that I use for my signature.

DfxHRw9rsWlVPCOVRy3YcQf6vst7We6TdkGn4_C4

Wonder where they got this?

No wonder I had those copycats.

I should probably shut this site down sometime and try to make sure that there's no more copycats.

I smile at Jungshin as I realise that the room is starting to fill with people, “Thank you. Class is starting soon.”

He nods his head and I notice that his eyes stay on me.

I force down the shiver that runs down my spine and I think to myself that there’s something wrong with this.

 

When the class ends I sigh in relief that my day here is over.

As I stand too leave Jungshin asks me, “Would you like to hang out tonight?”

“I can’t I’m going to eat out with my family today,” I lie too that it’s a real lie since BAP is like family too me.

He nods hsi head, “Oh well it was worth a try.”

“Sorry maybe some other time.”

He nods his head as he asks me, “What’s your number maybe you could text me when you're open?”

I smile as I nod my head and , “Or keep you up to date on your assignments since you always seem to forget what they are.”

He sticks his tongue at me and I pick a grown up way is better and pat his head as I walk by.

When I exit the room I come too face BAP and my brother holds up his phone too show me that there is already coverage that the hacker Rose is back.

“We need too talk,” Youngjae says.

“Do they know?” I ask.

He shakes his head, “Nope, I haven't told them yet since we’re at school.”

“Then let’s go to the hideout,” I tell them.

 

Soon I’m sitting at the small living room like area and they are staring at me.

Zelo is with them and looking confused like the other BAP members as Youngjae and I have a glare off.

“I thought you said you were done hacking.”

I shrug my shoulders as I say, “I got bored and I already knew what they were doing from the last time I hacked into their server knowing that they were bieng investigated I couldn’t stop myself.”

“Rose, are you insane remember what happened last year?”

“It was a little over a year ago and you know I was hacking way before I moved to New York and that was a small accident.”

I’m not sure how long we trade insults and words until Zelo finally yells, “What the hell is going on here?”

Younjae pulls up the coverage on me… I mean the Hacker Rose.

“This,” he said.

“What about this hacker?” Yongguk asks.

“That hacker is our Rose,” Youngjae says, “Hyuna has been hacking since her accident with her mother almost 10 years ago.”

“For real… You were 9.”

I nod my head, “Yeah. I’m not sure how but ever since I woke up from the coma she put me in I’ve been good with numbers and computers. There’s nothing that I can’t hack into. I could hack ito the Blue House computers if I wanted it.”

Youngjae sighs as he leans back as he looks at me, “You’ve hacked into the Pentagon and the Blue House before… A few other government places like that to.”

“They haven’t found you yet?”

I shake my head as I look at them, “No, I almost got caught last year by the Pentagon. They were about a few days too late though. It was kind of funny.”

I lean back as I look at them, “I’m actually going to try to get work there after I graduate.”

“The Pentagon?”

I shake my head, “No, sorry I meant the Blue House. Though the FBI does hire hackers. To bad I was able to delete my file that they had on me and any kind of reference they had on me… Well except what I’ve done of course.”

They look surprised at me and I simply lean back as I look at them.

“Rose,” Zelo looks at me as he whispers my name, “you haven’t done anything bad with your hacking have you….”

“Nope, I’ve always just proved those who are corrupt are corrupt and those who are innocent are innocent.”

They nod their heads as I ask, “So why do you need a hacker?”

“Well… We kind of need help with getting a hold of something. Hold of what?”

They’re silent and I sigh as I look around us, “There’s no computer here and it’d be better if we had a small area set up of computer with a secure server somewhere else.”

They nod their heads as they look at me.

I sigh as I lean back in the chair.

This is going to be painful isn’t it?