Shocking news

A day will come

 

 

 

You poked him several other times with your thumbs until he eventually lost his patience. “Wha-” He was about to shout but what you had done to interrupt made him speechless.

 

“Oppa! I'm very very very tired, please lend me your place, it's so painful Oppa! Please!” You begged him – doing your best aegyo, swinging on both sides of him and even winking. Everybody in the bus turned their attention toward you. Seeing no reaction from him you inwardly smile *It always works …haha ... I won.*


“Listen little girl, I don't know what you're trying to do but I’m obviously not interested by you, you're not even worth a glance so now be quiet okay?” He glared at you with piercing eyes and you froze in your spot.

“Yah!” Your strident scream made everyone in the bus groan since they were already tired of your loud bickering.
“Yah, you arrogant freaking stupid jerk! Do you think you're better than others huh? You don't even know what I’ve been through this morning. First I was so late that my mum was threatening to come and wake me up; which is really bad 'cause the last time she did that, she threw cold water on me in plain winter! Then there's the sun burning my eyes so early in the morning-” And now you’d started. When you were in your chatterbox's state nobody could stop you and you'd talk and talk for hours if you could.
“I didn't even have a proper breakfast.” You were becoming emotional, literally crying and letting all your exasperation out while HE was too choked to speak.

“I just had bread without anything! Can you believe it?! Without jam! And you do know how food is really important? Then I had to run really fast and far to come to the bus stop on time to the point that my knee couldn't even take it so I just wanted to rest but there you take my place!”


The man sitting next to the boy suddenly stood up, mumbling an insult since he was clearly pissed off by you. * HALLELUYAH! A place! * you took a step forward but the same bag that blocked you before took the place you had your eyes on.
“You’re kidding right?” You raised a brow.
“Nope.” He deadpanned before continuing to stare out the window.
You were fuming and ready to hurt someone. *That's it he crossed the line.* You took his bag and threw him on the floor but as you did, dozens of ballpoint pens rolled on the ground and scattering all over the bus, making some people trip as they stepped on them .

Everybody was shouting or groaning in pain for those who were on the ground. You didn't know what to do, you couldn't believe your eyes. *What the hell is he doing with so many ballpoints in his bag!?* The bus suddenly stopped and your body heaved forward from the inertia.
“You brats at the back! Get off now!” The driver shouted, easily as made, if not more so, than the passengers.
“Me!?” You asked, surprised and pointing to yourself.
“Yes you! And the other kid beside you gets off too! Make sure you get back on a bus when you’ve learnt to be quiet!” The driver’s glare was astonishing and you were hurriedly kicked off along with the annoying kid who wouldn’t let you sit.

You two were kicked off the bus in the middle of nowhere. You were too far from your school and you recognised none of your surroundings.
“Eottokhae!? Eottokhae!?” You were hoping on your feet like a mad woman, thinking out loud. “I don't even know where I am!!! My mom is going to kill me!!! Ahhh!” You spun until you were dizzy, taking in each and every inch of unfamiliar territory. You were crying until you heard a cough beside you.

You sent him a murderous glare. “It's all your faults!” You shouted and stamped your foot but he wasn't even listening.

He tapped something onto his phone and made a call. “Hello, I want a cab to …”

*Ahh? What the heck?* You mind sparked and you quickly did as he did, calling the same number and repeating the same address into your phone. Fortunately, your overprotective mum saved the number on your phone in case of any emergencies.

 

 

The wait time for the taxies was excruciatingly tense as neither of you spoke. You stared daggers from your seat on the ground, happy to be sitting at least, towards the boy who stood comfortably and somewhat elegantly in his loose posture. When a cab arrived you dashed towards it, increasing your pace when you noticed him move as well. You reached to open the door but his slender hand reached around the handle first.

You protested by trying to push him out of the way. “Let me at least ride with you!”

“Yeah man, let the girl in, ladies first right?” The driver attempted to reason but the boy seemed dissuaded. He glanced you up and down and you felt an uncomfortable sensation in your spine. It was quickly covered by your frustration when he smirked at you with that look you already hated.

“Does she even count as a lady?” He pushed you when he was done and slid into the taxi. With your luck and clumsiness you tripped after his hand left your shoulder, falling into a puddle of mud just near the sidewalk.
“Yah! Aish! Gross!!” You screamed and kicked the ground, throwing a tantrum like a child. The boy didn’t even look back when the taxi hesitantly pulled away.

 

* * *

 

“Open your books at page 33.” An hour later, after having missed your first class, being summoned by your teacher and overcoming the curious glares directed to the huge stain of mud at the back of your skirt, you were finally attending your history class.

You didn't pay much attention to the lesson because all you could think about was that obnoxious guy on the bus. “Aish! If I ever see him again ...” You mumbled to yourself while scribbling in your notebook with immense concentration.


It wasn’t too far into the lesson when the teacher’s voice changed and you allowed your mind to wander towards the front of the class. “So today we have a new student coming from China I hope you'll help him to adapt here in Seoul , Kris you can enter now, introduce yourself quickly.”

“Kris Wu, transferred student.” He said nothing more but the other girls in the class were already squealing and whispering about how handsome he was. “He’s mine.” You heard one girl say confidently and it made you scoff quietly. Though his voice sounded kind of familiar your curiosity and thoughts didn’t stray from your plans for the terrible boy on the bus.


It took a lot more whispering for you to finally see what the new student looked like but the small thought you had about him was destroyed and your eyes widened in panic.


“Yah! You?!”  You stood in your seat, totally bewildered and shocked at who stood in front of your class.