Facing The Music

Mission: Fall In Love

Tiffany swore she heard Taeyeon’s voice for a second before she hung up. She wanted to call back but she was afraid that Taeyeon would not pick up this time. By now, Tiffany had dry tears on her face. Her makeup was all smeared but she could not care less. She had said everything she wanted to Taeyeon. However, she did not think that Taeyeon would remain silent throughout the call. ‘I guess she really doesn’t want to forgive me,’ thought Tiffany who let out a deep sigh. She did not know that the older girl actually needed her too.

 

 

A ring could be heard all of the sudden and Tiffany quickly answered thinking it was Taeyeon. To her disappointment, however, it was only Siwon. “Are you free tonight, Tiffany?” the guy asked with a grin. Of course Tiffany could not see it but hearing the tone in his voice, she knew he was grinning.

 

 

Tiffany and Siwon had been together for almost two years. Siwon confessed to her unexpectedly and at that time, Tiffany had a crush on him. Some could say it was love at first sight. Right now, Tiffany did not feel anything for Siwon. There were no longer sparks or the feeling of butterflies fluttering in her stomach whenever she was with him. To her, Siwon was like an old friend now, someone she could lean onto if in trouble or sad.

 

 

“I’m not free, oppa. I don’t feel good at all,” Tiffany answered in a tired voice.

 

 

“Do you want me to come over? I can take care of you,” Siwon said in a flash when he heard that Tiffany was not feeling well.

 

 

“There isn’t a need to oppa. Jinki and Key can take care of me,” Tiffany said and hung up. She was not in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment. All she could think of was Taeyeon. She realized that she had hurt the latter a lot of times but Taeyeon would always let it go and forgive her but this time was different, Taeyeon did not forgive her. It made Tiffany feel even guiltier that Taeyeon did not accept her apology.

 

 

Her eyes then landed on the toy gingerbread man on her bed. She smiled slightly and grabbed the toy. She hugged the toy and sighed. She made the toy face her and spoke to it, “Do you think your owner is going to forgive me?” Tiffany chuckled and muttered, “I’m going crazy…” Knowing that Taeyeon would not call back, Tiffany decided to call it a night and went to bed without bothering to clean her makeup.

 

 

Taeyeon on the other hand was debating with herself if she should call Tiffany back or not. She did not even know whether she would have the courage to speak to Tiffany. She felt like a coward all of the sudden. She could have stayed but instead, she ran away. She should have fought for the love she yearned but instead she gave up. Taeyeon had never fallen in love before and being in this kind of situation was a first for her. ‘Should I call or not call? Make up your mind!’ Taeyeon fought in her mind. She let out a groan and grabbed her stuffed toy. ‘Tiffany still has Mr. Gingerbread Man,’ Taeyeon smiled at the thought.  ‘I’ll call her. No, I’ll meet her tomorrow. I can do this. I will do it.’ Taeyeon was starting to get sleepy and she fell asleep without calling Tiffany.

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon got ready but she was not ready to meet Tiffany at all. She did not know if she could even face Tiffany. The feelings were making her go crazy. ‘I should ask Yuri for advice. Maybe she can help me,’ Taeyeon thought. She fished out her phone from her pocket and texted Yuri.

 

 

*~*

 

 

“What’s up Taeyeon? You don’t look happy,” Sunny said as she saw her employee.

 

 

Taeyeon sighed and mustered up a small smile. “It’s nothing. I’m just tired,” she lied.

 

 

Sunny scoffed and folded her arms. “That is obviously a lie Kim Taeyeon especially with that kind of smile. Care to tell me?”

 

 

“That is why I’m here to meet Yuri,” Taeyeon said.

 

 

Sunny pouted. “So you rather talk to her than me? I’m going to tell Youngie,” she whined.

 

 

“Youngie…?” Taeyeon said.

 

 

Sunny’s eyes widened and she shook her head. “I-I have to r-return to my office… bye!”

 

 

Taeyeon shrugged and let Sunny off. She wanted to question her boss further but she had her own problem to solve first. Looking at the time, Taeyeon groaned as Yuri was already five minutes late. ‘Speak of the devil,’ Taeyeon thought as she saw Yuri entering the restaurant looking quite disheveled.

 

 

“I’m sorry I’m late Taeng. I had a small problem but it’s already solved,” Yuri said and took a seat.

 

 

“Okay… do you need a drink? You look really exhausted,” Taeyeon stated.

 

 

“It’s alright. What do you want to talk about?” Yuri asked, turning serious.

 

 

Taeyeon sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. “I have a problem. There’s this girl I like but she’s engaged to someone at the moment. I somehow told her the truth and ran from home because I was afraid of her reaction. I thought she was angry at me but she called me yesterday and told me that she needed me and she did not care about the marriage anymore. I did not say anything at first but when I was about to say something, she already hung up. What should I do? I feel like a coward.”

 

 

“Whoa, your story seems like a drama. A somehow angsty one,” Yuri said. Taeyeon glared at the girl and the latter smiled sheepishly. “Sorry. I’m just in awe. I didn’t know such things can happen.”

 

 

“It’s okay. I just want to know from you what should I do,” Taeyeon said.

 

 

Yuri thought for a moment. She was not sure what to tell Taeyeon. There were quite some ways for Taeyeon to solve this.

 

 

“I don’t know Taeyeon. I want to ask you something first. Do you love her very much?” Yuri asked.

 

 

“Of course I love her a lot. It was love at first sight,” Taeyeon replied confidently.

 

 

“If that is so, you should go chase after her. I think she has feelings for you too but she doesn’t want to admit it. No, I am sure she has feelings for you. If she doesn’t, she wouldn’t say she needed you. She would have just ignored you like nothing happened at all. You should stop running away and change your cowardly behaviour. Stand up for yourself and meet her face to face. Confess to her and see whether she will accept or reject you.”

 

 

“You make it sound like it’s so simple. I don’t think I have the courage to even face her.”

 

 

“That’s the problem. You’re being such a coward! Put that feeling aside and face her Taeyeon. How long are you going to run away from your problem? How long is she going to wait? Maybe by the time you decide to face her, she would have already been married with her fiancé. Do you want that to happen? I’m saying this not to hurt you but to make you realize that running away isn’t the correct option. You should be happy that she actually called you and said that she needed you.”

 

 

Taeyeon had to admit Yuri was right. She was a coward. Instead of fighting for her love, she was running away.  Taeyeon let out another sigh and propped her elbow on the table. “You’re right Yuri. I should stop running away. If I keep on running away, how would I know what feeling she has for me? Thanks for making me realize. You’re a good friend.”

 

 

Yuri smiled. “No problem. I’m glad I could help. That’s what friends are for right? They help each other.”

 

 

After the talk with Yuri, Taeyeon felt that half of her problem was solved. The only thing she needed to do was to confront Tiffany and confess to her properly. Taeyeon did not know what to get for Tiffany. All she knew was that Tiffany would love anything that was pink in colour.

 

 

While searching for an item, Taeyeon spotted Tiffany and hid behind a pillar. For once, Taeyeon was thankful with her body proportion. She was able to hide behind the pillar easily. ‘I wonder why Tiffany is here. I’m not quite ready yet,’ Taeyeon thought. Then, Siwon appeared and Taeyeon sighed for the nth time. ‘Of course he would be with her but I promised not to run away. I’m just going to spy on them for now.’

 

 

*~*

 

 

“You wanted to see me Tiffany?” Siwon said with a wide smile. Tiffany returned him a small smile and Siwon sighed. “What’s wrong baby?”

 

 

Tiffany felt uncomfortable when Siwon called her baby. She wished she did not feel so but she could not help it. Taeyeon was in her mind all day. She would rather let Taeyeon call her baby instead of Siwon. ‘Am I really falling for her? It can’t be right,’ Tiffany thought.

 

 

“Tiffany have you been listening? Are you alright?” Siwon asked and put his arm around Tiffany’s shoulder.

 

 

“No oppa. I’m alright,” Tiffany answered and pried Siwon’s hand off her waist. “I called you here because I want to call of our engagement. I did love you oppa but that was in the past.”

 

 

Siwon clenched his right fist. He could not believe what he heard from Tiffany. “You’re kidding right Tiffany? We’ve dated for quite a long time. How can you suddenly call off our engagement this way?”

 

 

“I’m really sorry oppa. I’m just confused but I am sure that I don’t have feelings for you anymore,” Tiffany said timidly.

 

 

“It’s Taeyeon right? She’s the one making you feel this way right?”

 

 

“No… It’s not like that. It’s just that-“

 

 

“I am sure that it is because of her you’re this way. She ran away from you Tiffany. Face the fact she isn’t going to return. She’s just a coward.”

 

 

SLAP

 

 

Tiffany covered after realizing what she had done. “I-I’m really sorry oppa. I-I didn’t mean to slap you.”

 

 

Siwon grabbed Tiffany forcefully and kissed her. Tiffany tried to pull away but Siwon was obviously stronger. Siwon released Tiffany and placed his hands on his waist. “Why, Tiffany? What’s so good about her? She’s a girl,” Siwon said angrily.

 

 

Tiffany was trembling. She did not know what to tell Siwon. “I don’t know oppa. I’m not even sure if I like Taeyeon that way,” Tiffany whispered.

 

 

“You obviously like her Tiffany but I’m not going to allow that to happen. You still love me Tiffany. She must have done something to make you feel this way,” Siwon said, not wanting to accept the truth. He pulled Tiffany into a hug and continued, “I don’t want to lose you Tiffany.”

 

 

Tiffany was falling for Siwon’s words. She was starting to believe that Taeyeon had done something bad to her. However, the moment ended when a girl tapped Tiffany on the shoulder. “Why are you hugging my boyfriend?” the girl asked.

 

Siwon was shocked when he saw the girl. He did not expect to see her at all especially when he was with Tiffany. “What are you talking about? Siwon oppa is engaged with me,” Tiffany said. She was really clueless with what was happening.

 

The girl scoffed, “Engaged? He told me I was his only one.”

 

Tiffany pushed Siwon away. “Have you been cheating on me all this while oppa?” she asked angrily.

 

“N-No. I-I don’t even know her,” Siwon stuttered.

 

“Are you denying we’re going out Siwon?” the girl asked.

 

Tiffany chuckled and said, “I can’t believe it. You fooled me. I don’t regret that I’m falling for my housemate. We’re over oppa.”

 

Tiffany took off her ring and threw it at Siwon. However, Siwon grabbed Tiffany’s hand and planned to not let go. “Please Tiffany. It was a mistake,” Siwon pleaded.

 

“Let me go oppa,” Tiffany said and tried pulling her hand away but it was to no avail.

 

Just then, Tiffany felt another hand holding her other wrist. Siwon was too shock to see who it was and released Tiffany by accident. “Let’s go Tiffany,” the person said.

 

Time seemed to stop when the person grabbed Tiffany’s wrist. Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat when she heard the person’s voice. It almost felt like a dream. “Tae… Taeyeon,” Tiffany whispered.

 

‘It’s time to face the music,’ thought Taeyeon. ‘I’m going to confess.’ 


A/N: The moment is coming~ :D Look forward to it!