Mission Over?

Mission: Fall In Love
Ever since Taeyeon met up with her brother by accident, she had been exceptionally quiet and only talked when needed. Tiffany noticed it but she did not bother about it as she was busy with Siwon lately, preparing for their wedding.

 

  Taeyeon did not know what she should be more afraid of, losing Tiffany or her brother's return. She felt useless that she could not make Tiffany like her and that would disappoint Mr. Hwang. Taeyeon did not want him to feel so because he was like a second father to her. Seeing him disappointed would be the same as seeing her own father disappointed. Taeyeon sighed as she was once again alone at home. Grabbing her car key, Taeyeon decided to go out and clear her mind.

 

  After parking her car, Taeyeon walked along the beach with her mind still full of thoughts. She just could not clear her mind. Finding an empty spot, Taeyeon cupped and screamed, "Why is everything happening at the same time? Why can't I be strong in front of my brother? Why is it hard for her to fall for me?"

 

  Taeyeon felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and put her hands down. She felt her heart beat fast and could not say a word.

 

  "So you would rather scream at nothing then talk to me?" Tiffany muttered.

 

  Taeyeon frowned. "You're always busy with him," Taeyeon spoke her mind.

 

  "You know we're getting married," Tiffany said as anger started to build inside her.

 

  "He's not a good guy Tiffany. He's just putting up an act," Taeyeon clenched her fists.

 

  "Just because he punched you doesn't mean he's a bad guy Taeyeon." Tiffany was getting impatient with Taeyeon's view on Siwon. "You poured hot coffee on him first."

 

  "You know what. This is why I don't want to have a conversation with you. You're always sticking up for him," Taeyeon said coldly but then chuckled. "Why wouldn't you? You love him and you've known him longer. I'm just a house mate and we've only known each other less than a three months."

 

  Taeyeon pulled Tiffany's hands away and turned around, facing the latter. "Next time, don't come creeping behind and back hug me. You're giving me false hopes."

 

  Tiffany just looked as Taeyeon walked away. She did not know why she kept hurting Taeyeon. One part of her wanted to believe Taeyeon but another part of her believed in Siwon as she had known him longer than Taeyeon. 'False hope? What false hope is she talking about?' Tiffany thought as she remembered Taeyeon's words.

 

  --

 

  Taeyeon did not know what she was doing in front of Sunye's house. However, she was surprised when she saw her brother, Jiwoong, in front of Sunye's house. How did he know where she lived at? Jiwoong turned around and Taeyeon ducked her head in the car. She did not want to be caught by her brother. Once he looked away, Taeyeon slowly sat back to her normal position and saw Sunye at the front door. She saw that Sunye allowed Jiwoong to enter and gasped. She started the engine and drove back home. There was enough drama for her for that day.

 

  When Taeyeon got home, she saw Siwon seated in the living room. She rolled her eyes and wanted to go to her room but Tiffany came down and told Taeyeon to stay. Taeyeon did stay and blamed her heart for being weak when with Tiffany whike faking a smile. She sat on the other sofa and pulled out her phone to play.

 

  "No," Tiffany said and grabbed the phone away from Taeyeon. "No phones allowed."

 

  "What are you planning exactly Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked with a pout.

 

  Tiffany came to a conclusion that she could not understand Taeyeon at all. A moment ago, Taeyeon was mad at her and now Taeyeon was acting like an elementary student.

 

  "I can't stand the both of you having a cold war with each other. I want all of this to stop today," Tiffany replied with a wide grin.

 

  Taeyeon's jaw dropped. "No way. I already had a bad day today and I do not want it to get any worse by getting to know him," Taeyeon said as she pointed at Siwon.

 

  "I'm sorry for what I said just now okay. So please, do this for me?" Tiffany said with her head tilted and hands clasped together.

 

  "Hell no. Our problem was one and Sunye unnie inviting Jiwoong oppa in was another. I don't want to deal with this one at all," Taeyeon said and stood up from the sofa.

 

  Tiffany glared at Taeyeon. "I don't want us to fight again Taeyeon. I want you two to at least not get each other's throat once I return from the kitchen," said Tiffany and she stomped to the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon puffed her cheeks and walked away only to feel her wrist being held by Siwon. The guy pulled her towards him and said, "You better do as she says. Or else, I'll tell her that you were told by the old man to make her fall for you. Tiffany wouldn't like that."

 

Taeyeon clenched her fist and pulled her hand away from Siwon's grip. She saw Siwon smirked and glared at him. "You are a bastard you know that," she gritted and sat on the sofa back. 

 

Once Tiffany returned back to the living room, she saw that Taeyeon was watching the television while Siwon was checking his phone. She sighed and it made Taeyeon and Siwon face her. "Why aren't you guys interacting?" she asked with a frown.

 

"At least we're not getting each other's throat as you said right? I wouldn't mind punching him again," Taeyeon replied sarcastically.

 

Tiffany sighed again. "I have no idea what to do with you Taeyeon," she said.

 

"Return me my phone back and I'll be in my room. As easy as that," Taeyeon said as she challenged Tiffany's patience.

 

"Come on Taeyeon. I didn't mean to punch you back then. I'm sorry alright?" Siwon said and pulled out his hand in front of Taeyeon.

 

'What a faker he is,' Taeyeon thought.

 

"See, Siwon oppa is willing to be friends with you. He has changed Taeyeon," Tiffany said as she smiled at Siwon.

 

"That's it I can't take this anymore," Taeyeon said.

 

"Can't take what anymore?" Tiffany asked with a confused look plastered on her face.

 

"Your father asked me to make you fall for me when you announced that you're getting married with Siwon. There I said it," Taeyeon answered as she her heart was slowly breaking down.

 

"What? How...how can my own father do this?" Tiffany said as she clenched her fists tightly. "How can you just do whatever he asked you to do then? You could have just said no to his request." Tiffany glared at Taeyeon.

 

"I didn't want to disappoint him but no worries, I don't like you in that way," Taeyeon half lied and her heart finally broke into pieces. Taeyeon looked at Siwon and saw that he still had a smirk on his face. 'You win, Siwon,' she said in her mind. Taeyeon then looked at Tiffany sadly before she left the house.

 

Tiffany was speechless. She had no idea what to feel. All of her emotions were jumbled up. There were the feelings of sadness, guilt, disappointment and anger built inside her. She wished she had not ask the two to be friendly with each other so that she would not have to hear the truth.

 

"Are you alright Tiffany?" Siwon asked as he wrapped his arms around Tiffany's waist.

 

Tiffany thought that she could forget about Taeyeon for a moment when Siwon hugged her but she could not. She was still thinking about Taeyeon. "Why am I feeling guilty and disappointed at the same time? I'm also angry and sad," Tiffany mumbled.

 

Siwon clenched his teeth. 'She can't be having feelings for her right?' he thought. "You're thinking too much Tiffany. How about you go and take a rest?" he said.

 

Tiffany nodded her head. Siwon wanted to kiss her lips but Tiffany shook her head. "Not now oppa. I'll see you tomorrow," she said and pulled herself out of Siwon's embrace.

 

The next day, Tiffany went to her father's house and saw him staring at nothing. She knocked onto the door and that startled her father. "Oh, Tiffany come in," he said and sat upright.

 

Once Tiffany settled in front of her father. Mr Hwang sighed, "I can explain everything."

 

"Why did you make Taeyeon do it daddy? You do know the both of us are girls right?" Tiffany raised her voice.

 

Mr Hwang nodded his head. "First of all, Taehyun and I decided to let you two live together because we planned to get you guys to marry each other," he explain but then got cut off by Tiffany.

 

"What?!"

 

"Please listen, Tiffany. When you came along with Siwon and said you two are getting married, I was really angry that is why I told her to make you fall or her. All I wanted is for you to be happy Tiffany but I guess Taeyeon isn't your source of happiness, Siwon is. Although I despise him, I accept your marriage with him."

 

"But why do you want me to marry Taeyeon?"

 

"It's your mother's choice Tiff. Taehyun and I have been friends since elementary school and we promised to let our children marry each other. I thought your mother was going to rage knowing that you would be marrying another girl but she didn't. She was happy instead."

 

"Even if I did fall for Taeyeon, she doesn't like me that way daddy."

 

"That is where you are wrong Tiffany. Taeyeon only said that because she didn't want you to know her true feelings. She likes to keep her emotions to herself. She would rather let herself suffer than letting the ones she love feel guilty."

 

"So you're saying that..."

 

"Yes Tiffany. Taeyeon likes you and that's why she's willing to let you go."

 

--

 

Taeyeon was at the apartment and was packing her stuff. She was relieved that Tiffany was not there because she honestly did not want to face Tiffany at all. She was already too hurt.

 

"Are you really going to leave like this Taeyeon?" Jinki asked sadly.

 

Taeyeon sighed and zipped up her bag. "I have no choice. If I want to move on, this is the only choice I have," she replied.

 

"What if I said that Ms Hwang actually likes you but she's too dense to notice it?" Jinki asked.

 

Taeyeon froze for a moment but then replied, "I don't know Jinki. It's either I accept her or not. I shall think about this while I'm away from her."

 

"Would you still accept her if she confesses to you?" Jinki asked.

 

Taeyeon smiled sadly. "Of course I will but I wonder when that moment will ever come."

 

"If that is so, I will do anything to make Ms Hwang to realize her feelings for you," Jinki said determinedly.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and smiled at Jinki. "Thanks a lot Jinki. It's good to have friends like you. You have my number right? Call me to tell me the progress."

 

"Aye aye Taeyeon," Jinki grinned. "If I succeed, you have to buy me chicken alright?"

 

"Deal," Taeyeon said. "Thanks for giving me hope too Jinki. I owe you."

 

"No problem. I've always hated seeing Ms. Hwang being with Siwon. I don't know why but Siwon really gets on my nerves."

 

Taeyeon laughed and it made her feel a little better.

 


A/N: I cried when I wrote this._. Anyway, tell me how you guys and girls feel after reading this ~ ^^