Beginning

Mission: Fall In Love

 

After the dinner with her father and Mr Hwang, Taeyeon went home straight away. She pouted when she did not see Tiffany in the house. 'She must be staying with her boyfriend,' Taeyeon thought. She went to her room and took a quick shower before jumping onto her bed.

 

The next day Taeyeon woke up, she could hear Tiffany screaming from the first floor. Wondering what was wrong, Taeyeon grabbed her glasses from the study table and went to the living room.

 

"You two are fired! Get it? Fired!" Tiffany shouted at her two bodyguards. Jinki and Kibum had their heads down. Taeyeon was feeling really angry. What had the two bodyguards did to her? Tiffany turned around and was surprised to see Taeyeon looking at her without any expression.

 

"Since Ms Tiffany Hwang here fired you guys, be my bodyguards instead. I'll go and cook breakfast once I'm done with showering," Taeyeon said and turned around to walk back to her room.

 

"Yah! You can't just take my bodyguards!" Tiffany shouted at Taeyeon.

 

"You fired them didn't you? They're my bodyguards now. One more thing, you have Siwon to protect you now don't you?" Taeyeon said. She ignored what Tiffany was going to say next and went to her room.

 

Tiffany was once again gone. Taeyeon sighed and grabbed her jacket. "Let's go eat outside. I'm not in the mood to cook," Taeyeon muttered and left the house. Jinki and Kibum looked at each other.

 

"What do you think is wrong with Ms Kim?" Kibum asked Jinki.

 

"Maybe she's on her period," Jinki answered. Kibum shrugged and the two followed their new boss.

 

 


Taeyeon found a nice and cozy place to have breakfast. She settled down at one of the table and ordered toast and a cup of coffee. She asked the two bodyguards if they wanted anything but they shook their heads.

 

"Is that all?" the waitress asked Taeyeon.

 

"Yeah," Taeyeon answered. The waitress bowed and walked to the counter.

 

Taeyeon did not know how to make Tiffany fall for her. The latter was deeply in love with Siwon. The thought had been disturbing Taeyeon for quite some time. She could not just confess. Taeyeon was afraid of rejection. That was why she never dated.

 

"Here's your toast and coffee. Enjoy your breakfast," the waitress said and smiled at Taeyeon.

 

"Thank you...Yuri ssi," Taeyeon said as she read the name tag on the waitress's uniform. She showed a small smile at Yuri and noticed the waitress cheeks turned to pink. "Say Yuri ssi. Can we hang out today? I know we're strangers but we can get to know each other right?" Taeyeon asked. She needed something to distract herself from thinking about Tiffany.

 

"Sure. I'll take a half day today," Yuri replied shyly.

 

Taeyeon smiled once again and waited for Yuri outside of the cafe after she was done eating. The latter finally went out and Taeyeon could not get her eyes off of Yuri. She was not attracted to her but still, Yuri looked like a goddess. It was like Yuri had two personalities. She portrayed a really innocent look while working and looked like a person who enjoys fun after work.

 

"You two can go home. I'll be fine," Taeyeon told her new bodyguards.

 

"Are you sure Ms Kim?" Kibum asked. He was worried since his boss was going out without any bodyguards. Jinki saw that Kibum was softening up to Taeyeon and smiled slightly. He did not want Kibum to stay serious forever.

 

"It's okay Key. I have a degree in judo so I can protect myself. Go enjoy your day with Jinki. There are a lot of things you two can do in a day," Taeyeon replied and wink at them.

 

"Y-yah! What are you implying?" Jinki said in shock. Kibum was silent though but he had a blush on his cheeks.

 

"Bye~" Taeyeon waved her hand at the two bodyguards.

 

"So..." Jinki said awkwardly. "What do you want to do?"

 

"I don't know. Should we go and eat first?" Kibum suggested. It had been a while since the two hung out together without having to protect someone. Tiffany had never given them a single day off.

 

"Chicken!" Jinki shouted and dragged Kibum to his favourite fast food restaurant. Kibum's heart fluttered when Jinki held onto his hand and he wondered if Jinki even had feelings for him. 'Of course not. He likes Ms Kim,' Kibum thought.


"How long have you been working at the cafe Yuri ssi?" Taeyeon asked. The both of them were in Seoul, just walking around to wherever their legs took them to.

 

"Quite a long time. Six month. I really like working there. I like seeing smiles on the customers face," Yuri answered. "I haven't known your name yet. It isn't fair you know mine."

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "My name's Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon and I work part time in a restaurant. I have the same reason as you do Yuri ssi," she introduced herself.

 

"Put down the formality Taeyeon ssi. I'm fine with you calling me Yuri or Yul like what my other friends and colleagues call me," Yuri said.

 

"Same goes to you too. You can call me Taeyeon, Tae, Taeng or Taengoo," Taeyeon told Yuri.

 

Tiffany was watching the whole scene from afar. She was gripping onto her cup tightly. She did not know why but she was jealous that Taeyeon was happy with Yuri. "Tiff, are you okay?" Siwon asked her. He was of course faking that he was concerned.

 

"Yeah. Just a little distracted," Tiffany replied. Siwon shrugged and took a sip of his coffee.

 

"Where to now Yuri?" Taeyeon asked. She was bored walking around Seoul.

 

"Lotte World!" Yuri shouted like a kid and grinned. Taeyeon shook her head and smiled. She held onto Yuri's hand and walked to the bus stop.

 

"I can walk myself you know," Yuri murmured. Her head was down and her cheeks we're flushed.

 

"Really? For a moment there I mistook you as a kid," Taeyeon teased Yuri. The latter jutted her lips and Taeyeon laughed. "You're so cute Yuri."

 

'How I wish it was you instead Tiffany,' Taeyeon said in her mind. The bus arrived and the two made their way to the theme park.

 

Taeyeon was really enjoying the day with Yuri. Her mind was off of Tiffany for that moment. She did not have to stress herself from thinking how to make Tiffany like her. Mr Hwang did not give a deadline so Taeyeon could take things slowly. She did not want to shock the other girl. Tiffany would hate her forever.

 

"I had fun Taengoo. Thanks for making my day!" Yuri said and pecked Taeyeon's cheek. The older girl blushed and did not know what to say.

 

"I'll come to your cafe again tomorrow Yuri. See you," Taeyeon said and hugged Yuri. 'Now, I have to get started on Tiffany. One thing though, is Yuri falling for me?'

 

Taeyeon was surprised when she saw that Tiffany was home. However, she ignored her presence and went straight to her room. She was not ready to face Tiffany yet.

 

The younger girl felt hurt when Taeyeon did not greet her or anything. She wanted to shout at the older girl but something was stopping her. 'Why can't I talk?' Tiffany scolded herself. She the television to occupy her mind for the moment.

 

Half an hour later, Taeyeon went down to the living room with her pyjama on. She saw Tiffany watching a movie and decided to join her. She plopped herself beside Tiffany but the latter moved away from Taeyeon and sat on another chair. Taeyeon sighed and turned off the television.

 

"I was watching that!" Tiffany yelled. She wanted to take the remote control but Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and made her sit beside her. "What are you trying to do?" Tiffany asked and glared at Taeyeon.

 

"Let's get to know each other," Taeyeon simply answered.

 

"I don't want to know anything about you," Tiffany said and stood up from the sofa. Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and pulled her back to her seat.

 

"Hi, my name is Kim Taeyeon. I am turning 24 this year, my birthday is on 9 March and I love gummy bears, jellies and dookong a lot," Taeyeon said.

 

'How can she still like those stuff? Isn't she too old for them?' Tiffany thought. 'But...it's cute.'

 

"It's your turn now Tiffany," Taeyeon said, breaking Tiffany out of her thought.

 

'Here goes nothing,' Tiffany said in her mind.

 

"My name is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung but people call me Tiffany. My birthday is on 1 August. I love pink but dislike strawberry milk and I also love Totoro," Tiffany said.

 

"Hmmm....why isn't Siwon in the list of what you love?" Taeyeon teased Tiffany.

 

"Yah! Oppa is a person not an item," Tiffany defended Siwon.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and rested her head on Tiffany's lap. "Who gave you the permission huh?" Tiffany said.

 

"I don't want you to run away," Taeyeon said nonchalantly.

 

"I don't know what to do about you. You don't act like your age at all," Tiffany muttered.

 

"That's because I never had a childhood," Taeyeon said and dozed off on Tiffany's lap.

 

"Get off-" Seeing Taeyeon sleeping soundly, Tiffany allowed her to sleep on her lap. "Aigoo, this kid," Tiffany murmured. "She looks so innocent."


"You wanted to see me Mr Kim?" Tiffany said as she entered the man's office.

 

Mr Kim nodded his head and smiled. "Yes and please call me Uncle," he said. "Please take a seat."

 

"So...why do you want to see me Uncle?" Tiffany asked. She was really curious.

 

"It's about Taengoo. Please take care of her. She has a bad childhood and I want you to be her source of happiness. I'm not using you or anything but please, I beg you, don't ever make her upset," Mr Kim pleaded.

 

"May I know what had happened Uncle?" Tiffany asked in a soft voice.

 

"I want to but sadly I can't. Taeyeon will tell you once she's ready. So please take care of her okay? I can't be by her side always since I'm busy with work," Mr Kim said.

 

"I will Uncle. I'll take my leave now," Tiffany bowed and left the office. She was really curious of Taeyeon's past. Although it was a short meeting, Mr Kim sounded sad. 'Taeyeon must have had a really bad childhood,' Tiffany thought. 'How can I make her happy?'

 

As promised, Taeyeon went back to the cafe to meet Yuri. She was sad that Tiffany was not at home but decided not to think a lot about it. Although, she wondered where her bodyguards were. They had not returned yet.

 

"Welcome to SoShi cafe," Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon smiled at Yuri. "I'll get the usual," she said. Yuri nodded her head and went to the counter.

 

"Here's your toast and coffee," Yuri said and put the cup of coffee and plate down.

 

"I want to ask you something Yul. Do you like me?" Taeyeon asked. Yuri laughed and Taeyeon looked at her with her head tilted. "Did I say something wrong?"

 

"You didn't. Of course I don't like you. I already have a girlfriend and I'm proud of it," Yuri answered with a grin.

 

Taeyeon face palmed herself. "I'll show her to you someday. It would take quite awhile to make her open up to you," Yuri said.

 

"Don't you find it weird dating a girl when you're a girl yourself?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Yuri shrugged. "If both people love each other. Why not? They will always have each other," she answered. "I've got to serve other customers. Talk to you later~"

 

Tiffany went home and was surprised to see Siwon outside of the apartment. She was not in the mood to talk to him after hearing about Taeyeon's bad childhood. She wanted to know more so that she knew what she could do to cheer the blonde up but a thought suddenly came into Tiffany's mind. Why does she even care about Taeyeon's childhood and feelings? Tiffany had never cared about anything before.

 

"There you are Tiff! I want to tell you that I won't be in Korea for a week. I've got some business in Japan," Siwon told Tiffany. He leaned forward wanting to kiss Tiffany but the latter moved her head and walked to the front door.

 

"What's wrong Tiff? You've been acting weird since yesterday," Siwon asked. He did not like this side of Tiffany.

 

"I need some space. We've been together all the time that I'm getting sick of our relationship," Tiffany answered straightforwardly.

 

Siwon was dumbfounded. Tiffany had never been like this before. Something must be really bothering Tiffany. Tiffany opened the door and entered the house. Siwon followed Tiffany inside and pinned her to the wall beside the door. "Yah! Let me go!" Tiffany screamed.

 

Siwon ignored Tiffany and forcefully kissed Tiffany. Tiffany felt nothing from the kiss. She was feeling disgusted.

 

"I'm home. Omo I'm sorry!" Taeyeon said, surprising Tiffany. She pushed the guy away with all her power and saw that Taeyeon had run away. She glared at Siwon and ran off to find Taeyeon. The same question ran in her mind again. Why did she care?

 

Tiffany heard someone sobbing. She was at a playground but she could only hear the sobs. She looked under the slide and sighed in relief when she saw Taeyeon. "There you are Taeyeon," she said softly.

 

Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany with her red eyes. She had been crying for almost thirty minutes. Tiffany squatted down and cupped Taeyeon's face. "Why are you crying?" Tiffany asked in a caring tone.

 

"I-I'm n-not crying," Taeyeon said. She used the sleeves of her shirt and wiped her tears. Tiffany sighed again.

 

"Tell me. What made you cry?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon looked really vulnerable. She did not look like the cheerful, strong Taeyeon.

 

"My brother always abuses me. He always gets drunk and will try to do bad things to me. I was always the target. This is why I hate guys. This is why I don't want to fall in love. I'm afraid everyone will be the same as him," Taeyeon told her story.

 

Tiffany was speechless. That was why Taeyeon hated Siwon. Taeyeon all of the sudden hugged Tiffany. The younger girl tensed up. Taeyeon knew Tiffany felt uncomfortable and pulled away. "I-I'm sorry," Taeyeon stuttered. Tiffany shook her head and hugged the older girl.

 

"I should be sorry for treating you badly," Tiffany whispered into Taeyeon's ear.

 

"Can you please break the engagement with Siwon? I don't trust him," Taeyeon muttered. Tiffany pushed Taeyeon away.

 

"What? Why should I?" Tiffany said. She could not believe what Taeyeon had just told her to do.

 

"Do this for your dad please?" Taeyeon said. 'For me too. He doesn't deserve you Tiffany.'

 

"Wait, did my dad plan all this? Was the story a lie as well to make me break up with Siwon? Did you gang up with our fathers?" Tiffany asked through gritted teeth.

 

"What? No...Why would I lie about the story that ruined my childhood?" Taeyeon asked, her tears threatening to fall again.

 

"I don't want to listen to any of your lies. I shouldn't have run after you," Tiffany said coldly.

 

"Only my appa loves me. I don't believe in love," Taeyeon muttered. Her tears fell once more. Tiffany felt her chest tightened at the sight but she was angry at Taeyeon. She turned around and left Taeyeon crying all alone, breaking Mr Kim's promise.


With Siwon out of town, Tiffany had nothing to do. She would either be in her room or watching the television in the room but never once left the apartment. Sometimes, she made eye contact with Taeyeon but it always ended up with her glaring at Taeyeon and walking away.

 

Both Kibum and Jinki noticed this. That wanted to ask Taeyeon but the blonde would always avoid them. The two had gotten together a few days ago and were happy but with the tensed atmosphere in the apartment, they could not live in peace without knowing what had happened.

 

"I'm moving out tomorrow. You don't seem to enjoy my presence and you can have your bodyguards back. You need them more than me. Oh, you can bring your fiancé to stay with you now," Taeyeon said as her shoulder brushed Tiffany's own.

 

A lot of thoughts were running in Tiffany's mind. Where would the older girl stay? Why did Taeyeon wanted to leave? She could not answer all the questions herself.

 

"Why do you hate me? I wasn't even lying about my childhood. Especially when I have a painful one," Taeyeon continued. She was making Tiffany think more.

 

"Why are you so quiet? Can't speak?" Taeyeon chuckled. She was about to enter her room but Tiffany turned around and back hugged Taeyeon.

 

"If you leave, who's going to cook for me, take care of me when there's lightning and entertain me?" Tiffany spoke up.

 

Taeyeon was taken aback. She did not expect Tiffany to stop her from going. "W-why are you s-stopping me?" Taeyeon stuttered. She felt the back of her shirt wet and turned around. "Why are you crying now?"

 

The blonde was confused. She had never seen this side of the girl before. What made the latter change? Tiffany hit Taeyeon's chest continuously but then hugged the older girl. "Just don't go," she whispered.

 

"I-I won't," Taeyeon said. She was weak in front of the crying Tiffany.

 

"You can only go after oppa and I got married," Tiffany said. Taeyeon pulled Tiffany away and ruffled her hair.

 

"Go to sleep now. I'm bringing you shopping tomorrow," Taeyeon told Tiffany.

 

"Really?! Okay! Goodnight TaeTae!" Tiffany exclaimed and pecked Taeyeon's cheek before entering her room.

 

'What...was that?' Taeyeon thought. She touched her cheek and smiled slightly. 'I will make you mine Tiffany.'

 

In Tiffany's room, Tiffany was blushing furiously. 'Why did I kiss her cheek? Now she'll think you're gay,' Tiffany scolded herself mentally. She covered her face with a pillow and screamed. 'My life is messed up,' Tiffany thought and soon, fell asleep.

 


 

A/N: Here's Chapter 2! I don't think this story is going to end in Chapter 3 XD There's still a long way to go~

Please do comment, subscribe or maybe vote!