I Need You

Mission: Fall In Love

Tiffany decided not to go home first. She still could not believe what her father had told her. Taeyeon was in love her? How was that even possible? They had only known each other for a few weeks. Why would Taeyeon even like her if she had been treating the older girl badly?

 

"You're the pretty girl with Taeyeon," a guy said and put his arm around Tiffany's shoulder.

 

Tiffany turned her head and was surprised to see that the guy was Taeyeon's brother. She pushed him away but he just chuckled.

 

"What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked him coldly.

 

Jiwoong smiled sadly and said, "I still scare her don't I? Taeyeon's still afraid of me."

 

Tiffany sensed the sadness in Jiwoong's voice but she was not going to let her guard down. Why did he suddenly change in character? "Why wouldn't she? You used to try to... you know," Tiffany said. She did not know why but she did not like the thought of Taeyeon being abused by her brother at all.

 

Jiwoong sighed. "I really regret my actions. I wasn't thinking back then. I was really stressed and I think that's why I treated Taeyeon that way. I didn't mean to hurt her but I guess I did. Now, she's afraid and scared of me. Being in jail made me realize how bad of a brother I am. I wish there's a way I could make Taeyeon trust me again."

 

Tiffany could not help but to trust Jiwoong's words. He sounded really guilty and pitiful. Tiffany finally let her guard down and asked, "Why were you at Sunye unnie's place yesterday?"

 

"I went there to ask for her forgiveness. If I wasn't a barrier in between them, Sunye wouldn't have gone abroad and Taeyeon wouldn't be sad. Back then, Taeyeon really liked Sunye and Sunye liked Taeyeon too. They could have been a couple if it wasn't because of me. Now, I don't see any sparks in between them. Instead, Taeyeon seems to like you a lot," Jiwoong answered.

 

Tiffany did not like the sound of Taeyeon and Sunye being together. If the two were together, she would not have met Taeyeon. However, Taeyeon was a barrier between her and Siwon. Tiffany really loved Siwon. That was what she thought but after Taeyeon appeared, everything became complicated. She pushed Siwon away when he wanted to kiss her and she admitted that she was jealous when Sunye was really close to Taeyeon.

 

"Am I right? Taeyeon likes you right?" Jiwoong asked and faced Tiffany.

 

Tiffany could not find the words to reply so she nodded. Jiwoong smiled and said, "I wonder how she picks who she likes. First Sunye, and now it’s you. She really has a good taste."

 

"Can I ask you a question?" Tiffany asked.

 

"What is it?" Jiwoong said.

 

"There must be other reasons than stress that you had to hurt Taeyeon. What are the other reasons?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Being the eldest in the family, I have a big responsibility. I know I shouldn't have done that to Taeyeon but I couldn't help it. Ever since she came into the family, our parents gave her much more than what they gave me. I got jealous and that's how it started. I was in college at that time so it was really stressful for me," Jiwoong replied.

 

"I've hurt Taeyeon a lot of times. What should I do? I don't think she would forgive me now."

 

"If you truly care about her, you will do anything to get her back. Taeyeon doesn't move on fast. So grab your chance before it disappears."

 

"Thanks, oppa. I hope you will get Taeyeon's forgiveness too."

 

"One more thing, if you hurt Taeyeon another time, I won't let you off. Take this as a warning from me. See you around."

 

*~*

 

When Tiffany got home, she found the place quite empty like something was missing. She saw Jinki seated on the sofa and came up to him.

 

"Jinki... did Taeyeon return?" Tiffany asked hesitantly. She felt bad for treating her bodyguards as robots. This would not have happened if Taeyeon did not appear in her life.

 

The bodyguard looked at Tiffany with empty eyes and shook his head. "She left Miss Hwang. She packed her items and left the house for good. Just what did you do to make her leave? She was really upset," Jinki answered.

 

Tiffany was speechless. She had no idea how to answer Jinki. All she knew it was her fault that Taeyeon left. She upset Taeyeon. She had hurt her again. Tiffany sighed and spoke up. “It’s my fault right? I’m the reason why Taeyeon left.”

 

“Don’t blame yourself Miss Hwang. It’s not entirely your fault. Now, honestly tell me, do you somehow have feelings for Taeyeon?” Jinki asked seriously.

 

“Honestly,” Tiffany said. “I don’t know. When she’s hurt, I feel hurt even more. I don’t even know what I feel for Siwon oppa anymore. I’m not excited for the wedding at all.”

 

Jinki smiled slightly. “Taeyeon loves you. Do you know that?”

 

“H-how do you know?” Tiffany asked, shocked at Jinki’s statement.

 

“Taeyeon tells me everything and I tell her everything. I’m like a brother to her and she’s like a sister to me. That’s how our relationship is,” Jinki explained.

 

“If that is so, you can call Taeyeon and ask her where she is now right? I really want to apologize to her,” Tiffany begged her bodyguard.

 

Jinki really wanted to help Tiffany but he wanted her to finally her feelings for Taeyeon so he shook his head. “I can’t Miss Hwang. Why don’t you call her yourself?” Jinki said.

 

“I bet she won’t answer,” Tiffany muttered.

 

“You got to try to know Miss Hwang. I’m not going to force you. I have to get ready now. Kibum is waiting for me,” Jinki said and left Tiffany to herself.

 

‘Should I call or not call? Maybe I’ll call later but… I don’t even know what I feel for her. I don’t want to hurt her again,’ Tiffany thought. ‘Make up your mind Tiffany! Better make a move before it’s too late.’

 

*~*

 

Taeyeon had finished unpacking her stuff at her penthouse. She was now standing at the balcony, looking at the night sky. She sighed as she thought about Tiffany. ‘Is running away the right thing to do? It doesn’t feel right…’ Taeyeon thought.

 

All of the sudden, she heard footsteps and quickly turn around. Her eyes widened when she saw it was actually Jiwoong. The latter looked really remorseful. However, Taeyeon could not help but to feel threatened by the presence of her brother. “How did you find me here?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“It’s easy. We used to play here before I got all… I’m really sorry Taeyeon ah. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was jealous. I was jealous that you became the center of attention. Please forgive me Taeyeon,” Jiwoong apologized. Taeyeon shook her head and looked at her brother coldly.

 

“You hurt me! You made Sunye unnie leave Korea. Now, I feel like I’m a stranger towards her. I feel like I don’t know her anymore,” Taeyeon shouted at her brother.

 

Jiwoong looked at the ground. “I know it’s my fault Taeyeon but look on the bright side. If you two didn’t separate, would you meet that girl? The look I see in your eyes, you are much more in love with her than when you were with Sunye.” Jiwoong walked towards Taeyeon. He kept checking if Taeyeon would back away but she did not. The older Kim pulled Taeyeon into a hug and said, “I changed my mind. I don’t need your forgiveness. I just want you to make the right decision. Don’t hurt her like how I hurt you. I really deserved to be behind bars. I have a feeling that she likes you too Taeyeon. You have to make her realize that. If not, you’re not going to get her. I know I’m not in a position to say this kind of thing but I’m saying this because I am your brother. I don’t want you to get hurt anymore. I hope you keep this in mind.”

 

Taeyeon hugged his brother back tightly. To be honest, she really missed her brother. Although he had hurt her in the past, he was still her brother. “I miss you so much oppa,” she whispered. The tears she kept betrayed her and flowed non-stop. “But at the same time, I hate you. I hate you so much!”

 

“Hate me all you want. I know I’m not a good brother. If you ever get together with her, don’t hurt her alright? Treat her well. I got to go now Taeyeon ah. I hope we meet again someday. I love you,” Jiwoong said sincerely and pulled away from the hug. He ruffled Taeyeon’s hair and walked out of the penthouse. ‘Good luck Taeyeon ah,’ he thought and smiled slightly.

 

An hour later, Taeyeon stopped crying and was on her bed getting ready for bed. She was tired from all the crying. She really wanted to forgive her brother but after what had happened in the past, she could not. She was still angry at her brother but was no longer scared of him.

 

Before going to sleep, Taeyeon checked her phone hoping there was a call from Jinki or maybe Tiffany herself. She wanted to call either one of them if none of them called but she felt like she would be giving in easily. After waiting for another twenty minutes, she gave up and put her phone away. All of the sudden, her phone rang. Taeyeon quickly took her phone and her heart beat rapidly when she saw the caller ID. Tiffany had called her. She pressed the answer button but did not say a word.

 

“H-hello? Taeyeon? I know that you must be mad at me. I’m really sorry I tried making you be friends with Siwon oppa. If I had not, we would not have been separated like this. However, if it did not happen, I wouldn’t know your true feelings for me. I know you like me Taeyeon ah. My father told me. I’m supposed to hate you now but I just can’t. My heart says no. I don’t know any more Taeyeon. When you’re hurt, I feel much more pain than you. You may think that I’m lying but I’m not. I really do feel guilty and hurt when I see you in pain. Am I falling for you? I don’t know. I’m confused.”

 

Taeyeon felt her heart clenched hearing Tiffany’s sad voice. She wished she could comfort her but something was pulling her back saying that Tiffany deserved all this. ‘I’m really sorry Tiffany but I love you. Please give me more time,’ Taeyeon thought.

 

“I’m sorry I talk too much. No words can actually tell you how sorry I am. Please come back Taeyeon ah. I miss you. Jinki miss you. Key too. Who’s going to cook for me? Who’s going to comfort me when there’s thunder? Who’s going to entertain me? Didn’t I tell you that you can only leave me once I get married? I don’t even care about the marriage anymore. I don’t care about Siwon oppa. I just want you back by my side Taeyeon. I need you…”

 

“You know what, forget what I just said. I bet you’re not even listening to what I said. I feel pathetic right now. I can’t believe I listened to a bodyguard and called you. I’m really pathetic right now. You made me into this Taeyeon. You’re the first to change me. I guess from the silence you’re not coming back. Have a good life Taeyeon ah. I deserve this. I’ll accept this as a punishment for treating you badly.”

 

“Fany ah…”

 

Unfortunately, Tiffany had hung up. Taeyeon dropped her phone and clenched her fists. “Why are you so stupid Kim Taeyeon? Why can’t you just answer her? I’m so stupid. I’m the one hurting her now,” Taeyeon said to herself. “What can I do? I need you too, Tiffany.”

 


A/N: Is it me or is the chapter is too emotional? o.o

Anyway, hope this chapter entertained you readers ^^