Treat

Love Across Time

Chapter 4: Treat

 
"What... Aish seriously what have I gotten myself into..." Ilhoon complained as he fished out his money and got Hyunsik a set of uniform at the school's uniform shop. He pondered hard about why he actually bothered to help this strange guy in the first place, but whatever that is done is done, Ilhoon really hope this weirdo will just go back to his own time, if he really belongs to the history. Because him staying here will just cause more unwanted trouble for Ilhoon and Ilhoon doesn't want to spend money on this weirdo at all. 
 
Ilhoon waited for Hyunsik to finish changing outside the toilet. He then thought about what happened today, which appeared as if a year had just passed, because it's been a long day with lots of events happening to him. Ilhoon realized he had missed a few lessons, but whatever, it's not like he could concentrate in class, he probably will fall asleep as soon as the teacher started rattling about stuff that he was uninterested about. But Ilhoon certainly doesn't want to have anything associated with this weirdo, as Ilhoon finds him dangerous since he always carries a sword with him. 
 
"Yah! Are you done?" Ilhoon realize that he had been waiting for Hyunsik for almost 15 minutes, so he decided to raid the toilet. Changing into a uniform won't take that long, right?
 
Just as Ilhoon entered the toilet, he finds himself staring at Hyunsik. No, it's not the weirdo in the traditional clothes anymore. How can someone look so hot in school uniform?! It's as if Hyunsik has undergo a complete makeover, he even cut his hair short to fit in the modern society. So that's why he took such a long time in the toilet.
 
"Wow... That hairstyle suit him very well... The uniform... Wait, what's with the shoes?" Ilhoon thought as he remembered that Hyunsik didn't have a pair of modern shoes. He sighed and wondered why he was doing all these for Hyunsik once again, but he found himself heading to his locker to get Hyunsik his sport shoes.
 
"Not sure if it fits, but put it on," Ilhoon came back to the toilet, shoved his pair of sport shoes to Hyunsik and instructed him to wear it. 
 
"Thanks," Hyunsik took the shoes and started to take off his traditional ones.
 
"Now he looks even better," Ilhoon mumbled to himself.
 
"Yes? Something wrong?" Hyunsik asked.
 
"Oh no no nothing! If you are done, meet me outside!"
 
Ilhoon ran out, panting hard and hit himself for being such an to actually say that in front of Hyunsik. No, he's just a weirdo, he's just a weirdo. Ilhoon kept telling himself that, hoping that it can hypnotize him, but it failed, terribly in fact. The image of Hyunsik in the uniform kept reappearing in Ilhoon's mind each time he tried to dismiss that image. It's driving him crazy. 
 
"Can you show me where your locker is?"Hyunsik came out of the toilet with a pile of neatly folded clothes he wore when he just came to this world.
 
"Sure, this way," Ilhoon said and quickly walked towards the lockers, trying to not look at how great Hyunsik looked.
 
"Here's the lockers. Erm you can put your stuff in that locker, no one used it at all," Ilhoon pointed at the locker next to his and gestured Hyunsik to place his clothes in.
 
"Thanks," Hyunsik said and did what Ilhoon told to him to. Hyunsik don't know why is this modern kid helping him, but he really appreciated his efforts in fitting him into this world nicely.
 
"Okay, now that I had finished helping you, I think you can carry on with whatever you have to do in this world. If there's nothing, then... Then... Bye," Ilhoon stuttered at the last word. He wasn't sure about leaving Hyunsik alone, but he seriously think that he should quickly leave that weirdo before he was involved in even more crazy stuff with Hyunsik.
 
"Yup okay. Bye," Hyunsik left.
 
Ilhoon heard Hyunsik's footsteps became softer and softer. He turned around and saw Hyunsik going down the stairs. No, he must not ask him to come back. "Hyunsik is Hyunsik. Ilhoon is Ilhoon. We all have our own schedule, our own stuff to complete. Now I have to play soccer with my hyungs and friends," Ilhoon said to himself and ran towards the direction of the soccer field, hoping that he isn't late. However, his mind is still stuck with the image of Hyunsik walking down the stairs...
 
---------
 
"Yah! Ilhoon! You are late by 5 minutes!" Eunkwang shouted at Ilhoon who was coming towards where they were at the soccer field.
 
"Sorry! Had something on before this," Ilhoon panted as he stood in front of Eunkwang and bowed in apology. He don't really want to play soccer with his hyungs because they always win, even if they lose they will still insist that they win. Ilhoon is used to it though and he enjoys the company f his hyungs and his friends, in addition he hoped this game will help him clear his mind about Hyunsik.
 
"Aish, Eunkwang-ah, don't scold Ilhoon, let's play since everyone's here already!" said Minhyuk, who was beside Eunkwang. He grabbed the soccer ball on the floor and dragged Eunkwang onto the field, beckoning everyone to come and start the game. Eunkwang then separated the boys into two teams, with him, Minhyuk and Changsub in a team and Peniel, Ilhoon and Sungjae in another team.
 
"Losers pay for ice-cream!" Eunkwang said while he kicked the ball towards the goal post, laughing while the others started to catch up with him. 
 
"Hey! That's unfair!" Sungjae chuckled as he chased after Eunkwang.
---------
 
Hyunsik's POV
 
Hyunsik managed to leave the school quietly when the security guard wasn't looking. He had seen some students with unkempt uniform trying to leave the school but was spotted by the guard and was dragged to the office, so he decided to wait for the best moment to leave the school. Luckily for him, he managed to slip out of school when the guard was busy with those students.
 
"Its so uncomfortable in these modern student uniform... It's hot and... Woah! What's that!" Hyunsik jumped when a car sped past him. He found himself beside a road, not far away from the school. He can choose to go back and find Ilhoon, but his pride forbid him to do so. Why ask a kiddo anyway? He's older than Ilhoon by at least 300 years! That should make him more intelligent and independent right?
 
Hyunsik looked around him. Skyscrapers everywhere made him dizzy. The scorching hot sun and the hot wind blowing into his face didn't help at all. He decided to enter a building not far from the school before he faint due to heat exhaustion. Why is this era so hot when back in his world it's quite cooling? It doesn't make any sense to Hyunsik, since he's sure that both this world and his world are currently in the same season. In fact he somehow found out that spending a day in this world is the same as spending a day in his world, so there's no such thing as time being paused in his world when he's in the modern world at all.
 
"Please show me your working pass," a security guard came out of the guard post and asked, stopping Hyunsik from entering the building. 
 
"What working pass?" Hyunsik blinked his eyes in confusion. "So in this world we can't enter certain buildings without a pass?" Hyunsik thought.
 
Hyunsik was irritated by the hot weather and just wanted some shade. He don't understand why there's a need to show a whatever pass to get into a building. And this building don't look any different from the others, so why some buildings have a guard post and some don't? He's frustrated, so he ignored the guard and forcefully entered the building, only to be dragged out by two muscular guards and warned by them to not enter the building anymore.
 
"... What... It's okay then, I will go somewhere else. I'm thirsty..." Hyunsik muttered. He fumbled his pockets for money but he realized his money is in his traditional clothes! Hyunsik sighed and went back to the school again, but this time round to avoid being dragged out of the school compound, or into the office,  he choose to enter by climbing over the fences near the soccer field.
 
----------
 
"Aish why is it always us that lose... And it's always us that treat the hyungs!" Peniel complained. 
 
"Because we are your hyungs!" Changsub smiled. 
 
Ilhoon sighed and took out his wallet. He then went to the drinks stall at the canteen to get all the boys a drink. Everyone played so hard today for the game, including him, however he still couldn't forget about Hyunsik. Where's that guy anyway? Is he fine? Does he know how to use the machines here? 
 
"Wait, why am I thinking about him?" Ilhoon shook his head a little, trying to shake off his thoughts about Hyunsik and lifted up the tray with the cups of drinks on it. He made his way to where the boys are seated and spotted someone familiar from afar.
 
"Hyunsik? Why does he look so dehydrated and tired?" Ilhoon thought while staring at Hyunsik. 
 
Yes, even though he tried so hard to forget about this weirdo, but seeing someone in such a bad condition, even those who don't know him probably will ask if he's alright. Ilhoon started scolding himself for landing Hyunsik in this state. He shouldn't have left Hyunsik alone for today at least, since he's new to this world.
 
"Hey guys, wait for me for a while," Ilhoon said to the boys and went to the drinks stall.
 
"Here, have a drink," Ilhoon said while giving a cup of ice cold lemonade to Hyunsik. 
 
"Thanks," Hyunsik immediately gulped down the whole drink and sighed in relief. He felt that his thirst was immediately quenched. This drink is certainly amazing to him, and he found himself asking Ilhoon for more, even though he knew he shouldn't because Ilhoon wasn't someone that close to him. 
 
"Okay sure, you sit here first, I'll get you another cup," Ilhoon smiled unconsciously to Hyunsik.
 
Ilhoon don't know why he's doing all this for Hyunsik, and why he's so happy that Hyunsik is okay, but he knew that Hyunsik is alright at least. With that in mind, he bought Hyunsik another cup of lemonade and decided that maybe he should just help Hyunsik for today. Just for today.
 
----------
 
Hey everyone!! Please don't kill me for waiting so long for the update!! School is fun but tiring too and I have to keep up with my homework... That's why it took me so long to produce chapter 4! And I got a little stuck here and there, but I managed to finish chapter 4 in the end kekeke~ Thanks for waiting and hope you enjoyed this chapter! *bows 90°* Stay tune to chapter 5 and other one shots I might write!