First Encounter

Love Across Time

Chapter 2: First encounter

 
Having screwed his image and embarrassed himself during History lesson, he brainstormed several ideas where he could make his entrance back to the classroom coolly. Ilhoon decided maybe he would approach Sungjae and Peniel about his dream and to clear up all that mess he had created during the lesson just now. 
 
Maybe a simple "sorry I was dream-talking" is enough. He tried not to care much about what others will say about him when he entered the class later, but his mind kept opposing his idea, making him worry about how to end all these later.
 
The bell rang and the teacher left the classroom, though not forgetting to instruct Ilhoon to follow her to the staff room for a bit of tongue-lashing. This would usually make him upset, no one has ever scolded him, or more accurately, he does not let anyone scold him. His pride would never let him do that. However his mind was preoccupied with many thoughts and confusion about what had happened that he completely blocked out what the teacher had said. He simply nodded his head automatically when he sense it's the appropriate time to. 
 
The walk back to the classroom from the staff room was usually about 3-4mins, however Ilhoon took 10 mins, because he was trying to get out of this awkward situation later. Scratching his head with annoyance, he decided to just carry his table and enter the classroom with a cool aura, pretending nothing had happened.
 
All these was useless when Peniel and Sungjae dashed out of the classroom and started laughing at Ilhoon after they saw him nearing. Ilhoon glared at the duo and carried his table back into the classroom, ignoring the whispers and looks from his classmates. He never understand the word 'embarrassment' till now. What exactly happened when he dozed off and had that out-of-the-world dream? He decided not to be superstitious and avoided the thought that maybe it's a dream that could convey certain hidden messages. Ilhoon does not want to appear like he is so 'ahjumma', since usually the older generation was more superstitious and believe that dreams do tell people something.
 
Just after he had settled down, Sungjae smacked his back, breaking his train of thoughts and earning a smack back from Ilhoon. 
 
"Hahahaha!! What were you dreaming about? Yelling our names in the middle of lesson!" Sungjae laughed out really loud and started imitating how Ilhoon shouted their names during lesson. 
 
Ilhoon was astonished. What?! He actually yelled during lesson? No wonder he was chased out of the classroom... It must be when he was in the forest. He buried his face with his palms with his face blushing. He really really screwed his image up now. 
 
"Screw this seriously," he muttered and left the classroom, leaving Sungjae lost in confusion. What happened to his friend...? Usually Ilhoon would not let his pride down and explain the situation, or just ignore him, he would never just walk out of the classroom like that and disappear.
 
Ilhoon walked and walked. Unconsciously he found himself at the small garden within his school compound where he frequent when he want to be alone. It was supposed to be well-maintained but somehow the gardener isn't doing his job, so bamboo trees and various plants grew tall blocking out most of the sunlight, and Ilhoon just like such places because he felt in peace when he's alone there. He needed some time alone to organize his thoughts. Ruining his image is really serious to him. To make matters even worse, he realized words will get around and the whole school will know his foolish mistake during History lesson. He sat down and had his back supported by a stone lamp, making sure he sat down with style in case someone spotted him. He does not want to spoil his image further.
 
"Aish what did I do to myself! Ilhoon you are really screwed this time," he cursed under his breath and started muttering something that could not be understood. He just need to let out his anger and whatever that's building up in him. He's confused and really pissed at what he had done. It's a major thing to him because he took pride in his cool image.
 
Out of the blue, the bamboo trees beside Ilhoon started to move. It startled him and Ilhoon practically froze. "Shoosh shoosh," the bamboo trees continue moving. He slowly turned and looked at the direction where the sound came from. It wasn't the wind that caused the bamboo trees to move. There wasn't any wind at all. It was someone. Someone behind those trees.
 
Ilhoon stood up and somehow, instead of walking away, he walked towards the source of the sound and peeped through the dense bamboo hoping to see Sungjae or Peniel, or maybe both.
 
Nothing.
 
He furrowed his eyebrows and looked around. He definitely sense someone around. Then he felt something cold on his neck. He froze. Someone was behind him. Ilhoon gathered all his courage, looked at the cold object on his neck and was paralyzed. It wasn't a cold pack, nor a metal ruler. It's a sword. Breaking out in cold sweat, Ilhoon shut his eyes tightly and shivered. His life is hanging by the edge of the cliff. Any foolish moves will send him directly in a coffin. He made a mental reminder that whoever that's playing this joke on him now will get it from him. He wasn't in the mood for jokes, especially jokes about swords and history. 
 
"Who are you? Identify yourself!" The owner of the sword demanded an answer from the startled Ilhoon. 
 
"Who are you?! Tell me! Stop playing such lame jokes on me, I am not in the mood!" Ilhoon yelled back, still shutting his eyes. He knew he should be more brave and just open his eyes, but what he had just experienced earlier on forbid him to do so. This situation somehow had an eerie effect on him that gave him goosebumps.
 
"Open your eyes! And identify yourself! Right now!" The owner of the sword sounded annoyed and decided to take away his sword, because Ilhoon felt the cold object gone and he gradually opened his eyes, squinting it immediately when his pupils came into contact to the light.
 
When his eyes were adjusted to the light, he found out that there was someone behind him. He gingerly turned and face that person. Ilhoon didn't dare to look at his face. He looked at that person starting from his shoes, then his clothes... Wait, pink hanbok like clothes?! Ilhoon jumped a little. Whoever that's playing this joke on him is definitely going to die. He took a glance at that person's face and was shocked. He looked at that person's face again and confirmed.
 
"That face... It's so familiar... Lim... Lim Hyunsik?!" Ilhoon thought and stared at that person with his big eyes. 
 
"I said again, identify yourself!" Hyunsik demanded, but his tone was a little less fierce than just now. 
 
"I'm Ilhoon. Who are you? What do you want? Why are you dressed like this?"
 
"There's no need to answer you. You seemed to have no harm to me, you can go now," Hyunsik said and gave Ilhoon a dismissal wave. Hyunsik turned and walked away even before Ilhoon had the chance to rebut him.
 
What is this strange guy doing in his school? Is this some kind of joke? Hidden camera? Maybe it's a member from the drama club... Ilhoon thought as he found himself trying to follow Hyunsik as the latter turned right and was blocked by another building.
 
----------
 
Hello everyone!! Yes it's the second chapter!! Yay!! /celebrates/ HoonSik has met each other woohoo~~ I had edited it over and over again, hoping to add in more details and maybe lengthen it in case you guys find it too short. Love ya and enjoy the future chapters to come~ 사랑해!