Roller-coaster mood

Love Across Time

Chapter 12: Roller-coaster mood

 
Ilhoon hugged the toy rabbit tightly while making his way back to where his hyungs and friends were, together with Hyunsik following behind him.
 
"Where did you get that cute rabbit?" Minhyuk jumped towards Ilhoon and tried to grab that rabbit from him, however the latter was so protective of the rabbit that he ran away from Minhyuk. 
 
"It's from Hyunsik!" Ilhoon pointed at Hyunsik who was smiling at how cute Ilhoon was.
 
"Mine?" Minhyuk asked , extending his hands out to Hyunsik.
 
"I will consider... Maybe a million years later," Hyunsik said, making the rest laughed while Minhyuk was acting hurt due to Hyunsik's reply.
 
"Okay, let's go to a restaurant! I am hungry!" Changsub said while rubbing his stomach.
 
"Go to a restaurant? For what? Eat?" Sungjae asked.
 
"Nope, we go to a restaurant to sleep," Eunkwang said, getting a slap on his shoulders by Sungjae.
 
----------
 
"Everyone had so much fun today," Ilhoon said while jumping onto his bed with the toy rabbit.
 
"Yes, I agree. You should change out before lying on your bed," Hyunsik nagged.
 
"Yes mum!" Ilhoon stood up and saluted to Hyunsik and then made his way to the bathroom.
 
Hyunsik shook his head and smiled. As usual, despite the long day, Ilhoon still could be so energetic while he was almost dead. He was glad that he managed to get that rabbit for Ilhoon.  He knew that it was impossible for someone who does not belong to this world to stay here forever till death. Ilhoon would need something to remember him right? At least he hoped the rabbit would remind Ilhoon of him.
 
Hyunsik sighed at the thought of leaving that cute kid and facing the dangers ahead of him. He needed to return back to his era so that he could straighten things out and stop more sufferings. 
 
"What's wrong? Hyunsik?" Hyunsik felt someone shaking him while calling out for his name.
 
"Huh? Sorry I wasn't listening. How long have you been sitting here?" Hyunsik looked at Ilhoon, whose hair was dripping wet. A white towel was haphazardly wrapped around Ilhoon's neck. What Hyunsik just saw made his heart skipped a beat. He quickly turned away and cleared his throat. How could someone that cute be so hot too?
 
"Not long... Is there anything bothering you? You don't look that good," Ilhoon looked at Hyunsik, concerned.
 
"Nothing much, I'm just tired," Hyunsik answered. He stood up and decided to change into a more comfortable set of clothes Ilhoon had prepared for him. 
 
He did not want Ilhoon to worry for him. He also did not want Ilhoon to care so much about him. In addition, he wanted to escape this place before he could do something to Ilhoon.
 
"He's sinking deeper and deeper," Hyunsik muttered, stealing a quick glance at Ilhoon who was sitting on the bed looking at his mobile phone. 
 
"Me too," Hyunsik whispered to himself as he entered the bathroom.
 
----------
 
Ilhoon's POV
 
Ilhoon came out of the bathroom, smiling because he wanted to tell Hyunsik how much he enjoyed going out with him and the rest. He did not even allow himself some time to dry his hair; he just ran out of the bathroom after he managed to put on his fresh clothes. He could not wait to see Hyunsik against spite being away from him for a few minutes only.
 
However, Ilhoon saw Hyunsik sighing just when he exited the bathroom. He stopped and stared at Hyunsik from afar. 
 
"Did Hyunsik not have fun today? Am I being very irritating to him? Why is he sighing?" Ilhoon began asking himself. He doubted the fact that the feelings he had with Hyunsik was mutual. In fact, both parties did not explicitly show that they have feelings for each other, which made Ilhoon even more depressed. 
 
Each step Ilhoon took towards Hyunsik was filled with fear and insecurity. 
 

"What's wrong? Hyunsik?" Ilhoon said while trying to hold in his fear. He certainly did not want Hyunsik to say anything, at least for now. He just wanted to spend time with him. Somehow Ilhoon felt the connection between him and Hyunsik was slowly being cut off. 

 
But... What happened? Ilhoon wanted to know too. Yet this was not the best time for him to overwhelm Hyunsik with questions.
 

"Huh? Sorry I wasn't listening. How long have you been sitting here?" Hyunsik looked at Ilhoon for a moment and quickly turned away, clearing his throat. 

 
"Not long... Is there anything bothering you? You don't look that good," Ilhoon looked at Hyunsik, concerned. 
 
"Nothing much, I'm just tired," Hyunsik answered.
 
Ilhoon knew it was not simply because Hyunsik was tired. There must be something Hyunsik was hiding from him. Aren't they  close enough to share secrets? Maybe not, because they had only known each other for less than a month. 
 
"Why does Hyunsik feel like a stranger to me now?" Ilhoon thought to himself. He realized he knew almost nothing about Hyunsik, except for that he was a scholar from his era. He did not know what he liked and did not like. 
 
Ilhoon started searching for the history of Hyunsik's era. He wanted to know more about Hyunsik, what he was doing in his era and his family background. The textbook did not have a detailed write-up of the events that happened, so Ilhoon tried to search on Internet.
 
Ilhoon chanced upon something that caught his attention. 
 
"5 May... Lim Hyunsik went to meet the disposed Queen and while he was on his way there..." Ilhoon's eyes widened. His throat suddenly went dry and he just stared at the last word, unable to voice it out.
 
He glanced at the calendar. It was 4 May that day. There were no records about Hyunsik's activity when he was in the modern era. So Hyunsik has planned to return back to his era the next day without even discussing about it with him? Rage took over Ilhoon's fear. 
 
"If he wants to go back, then so be it," Ilhoon mumbled, lying down on his bed and shutting his eyes so that he would not be able to see Hyunsik. 
 
Ilhoon could hear Hyunsik coming out of the bathroom but he decided to ignore him. 
 
"Whatever. If he decides to be tortured to... Death then it is his... Own problem," Ilhoon mouthed the words out while turning away from where he thought Hyunsik was standing. 
 
----------
 
Hello!! Sorry for the late update, I had soooooooo much things to do now T.T and I kinda had a little mental block as to how the story should develop. By the way this chapter showcases how Ilhoon's mood can swing from the extreme end to another extreme haha. I guess. That's why it's called roller-coaster mood. It's kinda short right... Anticipate the next chapter! Subscribe and comment yoohoo~