Feelings (2)

Love Across Time

Chapter 11: Feelings (2)

 
Eunkwang and Minhyuk insisted that they ride the Ferris wheel after the roller coaster, so the rest had no choice but to follow suit. Besides, Ilhoon did not want anymore thrill rides, his heart might not be able to take it.
 
Ilhoon realized he had to be in the same car as Hyunsik since each car can only accommodate up to three people. He did not mind it, but he was scared about the feelings that suddenly swarmed over him when they were at the Haunted House ride. It was a pleasant feeling, he liked it, but ironically, he was afraid of it too. Why would he have feelings for a guy? It was uncommon. 
 
"So this is called a Ferris wheel? It doesn't do anything but go in one circle and then back to the land?" Hyunsik asked, breaking Ilhoon's train of thoughts.
 
"Er yeah. This is the mini Ferris wheel. There are much bigger ones," Ilhoon said. 
 
"Bigger ones which could accommodate more people instead of just 2," Ilhoon thought. 
 
The car was so small that Hyunsik was just beside Ilhoon, with their legs touching each other's with just a slight movement from any of them. Hyunsik did not mind at all, however Ilhoon was dying, since he was suppressing those feelings he had for Hyunsik. All he wanted to do now was either to leave the car or hug Hyunsik so that he could stop suppressing his feelings. He needed Hyunsik's hug desperately, because he was addicted to it ever since Hyunsik hugged him. 
 
Leaving the car was impossible; they were at the very top of the Ferris wheel now. To make things worse, the Ferris wheel stopped rotating. Ilhoon peeped down to find out what exactly happened, but all he saw was a few frantic amusement park staff trying to get the wheel alive again. 
 
"Of all days, the Ferris wheel just had to break down today," Ilhoon sighed to himself.
 
"What happened? Why are we stuck here for close to ten minutes?" Hyunsik questioned with a worried look on his face. 
 
Ilhoon chuckled. Even when Hyunsik was worried, he still looked so cute. Ilhoon shifted slightly towards Hyunsik such that their arms were touching each other's. 
 
"The Ferris wheel broke down. We will remain up here forever since there's no way we can get down," Ilhoon whispered, trying to hold his laughter.
 
"What?! It broke down and we have to be up here forever?!" Hyunsik yelled out of a sudden, which made Ilhoon jump.
 
Ilhoon started laughing while stomping and clapping. Who knew Hyunsik was so gullible? Isn't he a scholar? 
 
"Wait! Explain yourself! Why are you laughing when we encountered such crisis?! Stop laughing! The car is shaking, please stop it, it might drop to the ground!" Hyunsik shook Ilhoon, determined to get an explanation out of him.
 
Ilhoon could not stop laughing after hearing what Hyunsik just said. What? The car might drop to the ground? What kind of scholar was Hyunsik? Tears started forming in Ilhoon's eyes as he continued laughing. 
 
"Stop laughing and explain!" Hyunsik said while grabbing Ilhoon's hand and pulled him towards him. However, Ilhoon did not expect that and he found himself just a few inches away from Hyunsik. 
 
Instinctively, Ilhoon pulled away and tried to sit as far as he could from Hyunsik. Hyunsik cleared his throat, trying to look away from Ilhoon. Ilhoon had stopped laughing; of course, it's so awkward to laugh right now due to what had happened a few seconds ago. His heart was beating wildly, his mind telling him to go closer to Hyunsik, but his muscles refused to move. 
 
The other part of him was still normal at least, Ilhoon thought. 
 
----------
 
Hyunsik's POV
 

"Stop laughing and explain!" Hyunsik said while grabbing Ilhoon's hand and pulled him towards him.

 
It's a mistake. That kid's face was just a few inches away from him and Hyunsik did not know what to do besides freezing on the spot so that Ilhoon could move away. Hyunsik could feel Ilhoon's breath, which made his heart pump fast. His mind was in a whirl, his muscles tensed and he started panting a little.
 
Hyunsik heaved a sigh of relief when Ilhoon moved away from him. He cleared his throat and looked down at the amusement park staffs that were still frantically searching for a way to get the wheel moving.
 
"Luckily we are at the top; no one saw what just happened," Hyunsik mumbled to himself.
 
----------
 
Ilhoon's POV
 
"So... Erm... How do you feel about today's trip so far?" Ilhoon stuttered a little, making an effort trying to lift up this awkward atmosphere. 
 
"It's fun. Just that they should maintain this wheel well. It's been thirty minutes since we were up here. Isn't there a way for us to get down?" Hyunsik complained.
 
"We will soon get down, don't worry," Ilhoon said, then covering his mouth when he realized his lie was exposed.
 
"So we will eventually go down in the end? Then why did you say we will stay up here forever?" Hyunsik opened his eyes wide and stared at Ilhoon, demanding for an answer.
 
"It's a joke! Who knew you were that gullible?" Ilhoon laughed it off.
 
"It's because I wanted to be with you, just the two of us alone, forever," Ilhoon thought.
 
Just before Hyunsik wanted to say something, the wheel started moving. Relief was written all over his face, and he started smiling. Ilhoon grinned. He liked the way Hyunsik smiles, because it would always make him smile too.
 
----------
 
"Yah, yah! Whose idea was it to go on the Ferris wheel? End up we were stuck there for thirty plus minutes!" Changsub glared at Eunkwang and Minhyuk.
 
"Hehehehe, Changsub-ah, don't be mad! See, the staff had given us vouchers to a renowned restaurant! That means free food! I mean, free good food!" Minhyuk tried to emphasize on the word 'good', because Changsub loves good food. Those that were delicious or had an unique taste. 
 
"Whatever, let's go somewhere and chill while waiting for the time to have dinner," Changsub said, obviously pleased by the fact that they were going to have good food later, at a famous restaurant.
 
Minhyuk flashed a smile at Eunkwang, who was apologetic for what had happened on the Ferris wheel. 
 
"It's not your fault, Eunkwang-ah! Let's go!" Minhyuk grabbed Eunkwang's left arm and dragged him along, following Changsub.
 
Peniel and Sungjae went after them, while Ilhoon and Hyunsik did not. Instead, Hyunsik was rather curious about a white color machine that had stuffed toys in them. 
 
"What's that?" Hyunsik pointed and pulled Ilhoon along with him, just like a 4-year old kid in an amusement park.
 
"That? Oh, that's a claw machine," Ilhoon said.
 
"Claw machine? How does it work?" Hyunsik stood in front of the claw machine and randomly pressed the buttons on the machine.
 
"You don't just press the buttons. You have to insert a coin first, like this!" Ilhoon said while bending down to insert a coin into the machine. The machine sprung up to life.
 
"Then you press the buttons to control the claw... And then press this button so the claw will go down!" Ilhoon explained.
 
Hyunsik listened attentively. He then started to press the buttons, controlling the claw right and left, front and back. 
 
"So we can catch anything inside?" Hyunsik asked.
 
Ilhoon nodded his head and took over the controlling of the claw. He shifted the claw slightly towards the left and pressed the 'down' button. Hyunsik watched the claw grabbing a toy rabbit in amazement, looking at the toy rabbit going up with the claw but then dropped when the claw started to move towards a place where the toy would be dropped.
 
Hyunsik was obviously disappointed. He thought they would get the rabbit.
 
"Do you want to try?" Ilhoon asked, obviously nonchalant about the fact that he could not get the rabbit. He had no luck playing claw machines. Even if he tried a hundred times trying to get a toy, he would fail a hundred times. 
 
Hyunsik nodded. Ilhoon inserted another coin into the machine and once again, the machine was alive. Hyunsik stared at the rabbit for a long time, then the claw too. He was determined to get the rabbit no matter what. 
 
"Just press the button, why are you taking so long?" Ilhoon groaned. 
 
"Wait, wait, I am concentrating, don't disturb me," Hyunsik swatted Ilhoon away like a fly.
 
"Sheesh," Ilhoon rolled his eyes at Hyunsik.
 
Hyunsik pressed the 'down' button and stared at the toy rabbit going up. He silently prayed that he would get the toy. Biting his lower lips, he watched the claw moving towards a hole where the toy would come out from the machine. 
 
"Yes!" Hyunsik jumped in happiness. He got the toy in just one try! 
 
Ilhoon was shocked by the fact that Hyunsik could get the toy. He watched Hyunsik hugging the cute toy rabbit tightly like a kid and jumping around him. Smiling, Ilhoon felt that the feeling came back again. 
 
Ilhoon grabbed the toy from Hyunsik, "A gift for me?" 
 
Hyunsik looked stunned for a while, but he nodded his head and smiled at Ilhoon. Ilhoon raised his eyebrows, not expecting such an answer from Hyunsik. In the end, he just smiled at Hyunsik and patted the toy rabbit.
 
"A gift from me so that you can remember me if I return back to my era," Hyunsik thought as his smile faded.
 
Ilhoon was oblivious to how serious Hyunsik looked. He was elated that Hyunsik actually got him a 'gift'. That feeling came back again, but this time round Ilhoon did not mind about it. He went up and hugged Hyunsik tightly with one of his hands holding onto the rabbit, ignoring whether there's anyone looking at them.
 
Ilhoon wanted the time to stop now. Right now.
 
----------
 
Hey! I am back! So sorry for the late update because I was really busy with my school work >< hope you like this chapter and look forward to the next one!! ^^ Please comment and subscribe~