Feelings (1)

Love Across Time

Chapter 10: Feelings (1)

 
Ilhoon made his way back to where Hyunsik was sitting with Peniel. Hyunsik looked awkward, not sure of how certain things worked in this era and the culture too. Of course, definitely the culture in the past and present would have differed a lot. Hyunsik must have suffered a  culture-shock here.
 
Hence, Ilhoon had decided to bring Hyunsik somewhere with his hyungs and friends, hoping that will help him slowly adapt to this era and have some fun together too. 
 
----------
 
"Where are we going?" Hyunsik asked as he boarded a bus together with Ilhoon and the rest. He didn't know why suddenly Ilhoon had gathered all his hyungs and friends together. Apparently they are going out or something.
 
"Somewhere fun!" Minhyuk smiled.
 
"Don't you guys have lessons in the afternoon?" Hyunsik looked at Ilhoon with a puzzled face.
 
"That's why we climbed over the fence! Come on, missing half a day of lessons won't hurt," Ilhoon chuckled at the sight of Hyunsik's face. His confused look was so cute that Ilhoon couldn't help it but smiled. Ilhoon realized he started smiling a lot after meeting Hyunsik. Yes, his first impression of Hyunsik wasn't pleasant because Hyunsik had almost scared him to death with his sword. But after spending time with him, Ilhoon realized Hyunsik was harmless, and that he had this eye-smile that he could never forget.
 
"... Okay then," Hyunsik sighed upon hearing Ilhoon's answer. This kid certainly didn't treat education as something important. He made a mental note to discipline him if he gets the chance to. But wait... It's not him that's missing the lessons anyway, so why was he so concerned about that kid's education then? If he didn't score well for his tests then it should be his own problem, right?
 
"Oh! We've reached!" Sungjae exclaimed and pointed to the right of the bus.
 
Hyunsik turned and looked at the direction where Sungjae pointed. "Lotte... Lotte World? What's that?" Hyunsik questioned.
 
"Just follow us, it's a great place," Changsub smiled and gestured everyone to alight the bus.
 
----------
 
"Wow... What's this 'Lotte World' place?" Hyunsik asked and looked around the place curiously like a 5-year old kid. Cute and innocent.
 
"It's an amusement park! Come, let's go to the haunted house!" Peniel said and dragged Sungjae along. The hyungs whined but followed Peniel to the haunted house in the end, since they didn't want to be split up.
 
Ilhoon was scared. He never entered the haunted house before in Lotte World. Never. However, because Hyunsik was curious what's in the house, so he had no choice but to follow him. With his heart thumping wildly due to fear, he grabbed onto Hyunsik's right arm tightly and sat into the seat of a carriage which would bring them around the big haunted house. No, it's not a house. It's more like a mansion. A haunted mansion with lots of demons, ghosts and horrible things.
 
"Aren't you scared?" Ilhoon stuttered. The ride hasn't begin yet, but he was overwhelmed with fear that he really wanted this to end now. His hyungs were sitting in the carriages in front of Hyunsik and him. Peniel and Sungjae looked excited, but his hyungs were so scared that they hugged each other tightly. The creepy music playing at the background didn't really help Ilhoon to calm down at all.
 
"Scared? Scared of?" Hyunsik looked at Ilhoon. He wondered why that kid was acting this way - grabbing his arm tightly and sitting beside him so closely like they were a couple. What's so scary about this thing?
 
"There's... Aish, see for yourself!" Ilhoon didn't have time to explain because the ride had started. 
 
Upon entering the doors for just a while, two floating objects brushed against Ilhoon's head. He cringed and hugged Hyunsik tightly, his head at Hyunsik's chest. Ilhoon didn't want this to happen, but he had no choice. Hyunsik was the only person beside him and he could make him feel better. More secured. If its his hyungs or his friends that were beside him, he would do the same too.
 
When Ilhoon managed to calm down a little, he realized he could feel Hyunsik's breath, his warmth and his heartbeat. His heartbeat was pumping wildly, Ilhoon was sure it wasn't due to his fear for the ride. Then... What was it? His warmth had given Ilhoon some form of courage and security, which made him decided to persevere through the ride.
 
Ilhoon decided to sit up again, but in the end he was shocked by a scary face that appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared immediately. He yelled and then buried his face into Hyunsik's chest, trying to block out everything he had just seen. He knew he might be making Hyunsik uncomfortable and just when he decided to sit up again, he felt a pair of strong arms around his shoulders, hugging him tightly. 
 
Ilhoon was surprised. He wasn't expecting this from Hyunsik. He thought Hyunsik would push him away, but then... He was hugging him?
 
----------
 
Hyunsik's POV
 

"Aren't you scared?" Ilhoon stuttered.

 
"Scared? Scared of?" Hyunsik looked at Ilhoon. He wondered why that kid was acting this way - grabbing his arm tightly and sitting beside him so closely like they were a couple. What's so scary about this thing?
 
"There's... Aish, see for yourself!" Ilhoon said.
 

Upon entering the doors for just a while, two floating objects brushed against Ilhoon's head. He cringed and hugged Hyunsik tightly, his head at Hyunsik's chest. Hyunsik was shocked. He didn't know what to do, he knew Ilhoon was taken aback by the two unidentified objects which had brushed against his head. But he didn't expect such a huge reaction from that kid. Hyunsik heart started beating wildly. He didn't know why, he only knew that there this tingling feeling he had, from where Ilhoon's hands was, to his heart. He swore he never had this feeling before and he didn't want that feeling to go away. Ilhoon's hair had this very pleasant, sweet smell. Hyunsik figured that it must be the shampoo he had last seen in his bathroom during his first visit to Ilhoon's house. 

 

Ilhoon decided to sit up again, but in the end he was shocked by a scary face that appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared immediately. He yelled and then buried his face into Hyunsik's chest. Hyunsik felt this tingling feeling again, but this time round the feeling had intensified. Somehow he loved this very moment, where Ilhoon was scared and needed someone to protect him. Hyunsik smiled and placed his arms around Ilhoon's shoulders, hugging him. Hyunsik then took in a deep breath so that he could smell Ilhoon's hair. That pleasant, sweet smell which made Hyunsik smile wider.

 
----------
 
The ride was pretty enjoyable, at least for Peniel and Sungjae. Sungjae was frightened by the fake ghosts a lot of times, but he managed to survive through the ride because Peniel was beside him. Eunkwang, Minhyuk and Changsub couldn't really stand on their feet after getting off the ride. Especially Eunkwang. He was hugging Minhyuk's left arm and refused to let it go even after the ride. 
 
As for Ilhoon and Hyunsik, it was a romantic ride for them. It's ironic, it's was supposed to be a scary one but there was as if this invisible force field that blocked them from the ghosts and other objects that were supposed to scare them out of their wits. Nothing had managed to scare Ilhoon, because he felt safe with Hyunsik's pair of strong arms hugging him. It felt as if there were only two of them on this world. Nothing, absolutely nothing could separate them. At least, that's what Ilhoon felt.
 
"Let's go to the roller coaster! Come let's go!" Sungjae jumped like a kid and ran off towards the roller coaster with Peniel. Changsub tagged along excitedly and beckoned the rest to follow them.
 
"No, no, no! Roller coaster? I think I will probably faint halfway through the ride!" Eunkwang groaned. 
 
"Come on Eunkwang-ah... Let's go? Hmm?" Minhyuk whined and started acting cute.
 
"Okay, okay, fine! Let's all go," Eunkwang sighed, obviously unable to resist Minhyuk's aegyo.
 
"That's a roller coaster?" Hyunsik pointed at the long chain of carriages in orange and asked.
 
"Yup. It's very thrilling," Ilhoon said. He didn't want to explain much, because he wanted Hyunsik to try the rides and experience for himself how was it like.
 
"Yah, Ilhoon, you'll sit in front with Hyunsik, okay?" Eunkwang asked.
 
"What? Why?" Ilhoon was shocked. Usually they will decided where to sit with rock-paper-scissors, but this time round he was just told to sit in front. He had never sat in front, usually it was Peniel and Sungjae. 
 
"Well that's because you haven't sat in front at all!" Minhyuk cut into the conversation and said.
 
"... Okay then," Ilhoon sighed. He knew his hyungs didn't want to sit in front because they were scared. In addition, since he had never sat in front before, so why not give it a try?
 
On the roller coaster, Ilhoon was quite nervous. Well, it had been quite a long time since he last came to Lotte World. He had this feeling that usually people who were trying the roller coaster the first time would have. Maybe it was because he was riding the roller coaster with Hyunsik. 
 
The roller coaster started to ascend a very steep slope and Ilhoon didn't want to open his eyes. He grabbed the handles he managed to locate at his seat and held onto it tightly. Being the very first person at the front of the roller coaster was horrible. With his heart thumping wildly, he anticipated the descend. However, all his nervousness vanished when he felt a hand on his at the handle. It was warm, reassuring and it really washed away Ilhoon's fear. Ilhoon immediately felt at ease, it wasn't just anyone's hand. It was Hyunsik's.
 
That tingling feeling came again. Ilhoon couldn't explain why there's such feeling, but he knew it would come when he was with Hyunsik. Despite not knowing the reason, he loved it still. He wished he could feel it every day, every time he was with Hyunsik. It's ridiculous, why would Ilhoon want to be with a guy every day and every time? He didn't care about that anymore. He just knew he want to be with Hyunsik.
 
"Damn this feeling," Ilhoon cursed under his breath as the roller coaster came to a halt.
 
----------
 
Chapter 10 done! Yay~ How do you guys think about the amusement park chapter? I feel that it's quite sweet hehehe XD Ahhh I'm really crazy over HoonSik now~ Anticipate the next chapter! Woohoo~ Love you guys and please comment! Don't be silent readers okay! ^^