The Answer To The Question

Love Across Time

Chapter 6: The Answer To The Question

 
Ilhoon dragged Hyunsik up to his bedroom. He admit that he's quite excited to show him his room and introduce to Hyunsik many many new technologies that Hyunsik won't know at all in his era which was 300 years before the modern era. He himself don't know why he's so eager to share so many information about the modern world with Hyunsik, but all he knows is that he's just following his heart only. Well, Ilhoon is a very straightforward person where he follows his heart, his gut feeling. The only thing that puzzled him was - why is he so happy that Hyunsik could know more about him and this world when he only met him for less than a day? That question didn't really bothered him for more than a few seconds, since he decided to put it aside for now and go on to show Hyunsik how awesome his room is. 
 
"This is my room!" Ilhoon exclaimed as he let go of Hyunsik's wrist and dived right onto his bed. He threw his bag towards the direction of his desk and heaved a long sigh, a result of his long eventful day in school. 
 
Ilhoon chuckled when he saw Hyunsik slowly inching towards where he was lying down. He then sat up and pulled Hyunsik over such that Hyunsik was sitting on his bed, awkwardly though.
 
"What's this? A modern bed?" Hyunsik asked as he pressed hard on the mattress.
 
"Yup, smart !" Ilhoon said as he stood up and started tidying up his room a little so that it looks pleasant to the guest.
 
"Smart... ? What's that?" Hyunsik asked as his eyes widened and blinked several times at Ilhoon.
 
"Oh, it's a modern version of calling people smart," 
 
"Oh," Hyunsik said, "Then, I suppose you are a dumb then?"
 
"WHAT?!" Ilhoon stopped whatever he was doing and stomped back to Hyunsik, staring at him with his big eyes which seems to be shooting daggers at Hyunsik.
 
"Haha, nothing nothing, just a joke?" Hyunsik tried to calm Ilhoon down.
 
"It better be, because I am already considered nice to let you stay here for a night," Ilhoon said as he pulled out a blue mattress and a blanket, placing them beside his bed, "This is where you are going to sleep. If you need anything more just tell me."
 
"Thanks," Hyunsik said as he plopped down on the mattress and stretched himself like a cat.
 
"Keke so cute," Ilhoon thought to himself as he grinned at Hyunsik, the anger he had when Hyunsik called him a dumb was all gone.
 
"Ilhoon-ah and Hyunsik-ah! Come down for dinner!" Ilhoon's mum yelled from the kitchen.
 
"Yes mum!" Ilhoon answered back as he told Hyunsik to follow him to the dining table.
 
----------
 
Hyunsik's POV
 

Hyunsik looked around Ilhoon's house. It certainly had changed a lot - from his era to that kid's era. Some weird box showing images of people, even the house isn't made up of wood anymore, it's some hard material Hyunsik wasn't sure what it really was. The walls were painted light green and the floors were made of something cold. Hyunsik can only conclude that the modern people don't really like wood, since he see nothing made of wood except the tables and a few other furniture.

 
"This kid is dragging me everywhere... But I don't mind. That feeling when he grab my wrist is so..." Hyunsik thought as he was staring at his wrist with Ilhoon's hand grabbing it, dragging him all the way to his bedroom. 
 
"This is my room!" Ilhoon exclaimed as he let go of Hyunsik's wrist and dived right onto his bed. He threw his bag towards the direction of his desk and heaved a long sigh.
 
Hyunsik was pulled back to reality immediately when Ilhoon let go of his wrist. He finally got to see how Ilhoon's room looked like. 
 
Similarly to the living room, Ilhoon's room had nothing made up of wood besides the table, cabinets and the wardrobe. The floor is the same cold material that made up the living room floor, something similar to stones, which Hyunsik assumed it may be marble. He was still at the door and he wasn't sure what to do. To enter or not? In his era, it isn't that polite to enter someone's room. But Ilhoon did invite him to his room right? So it should be okay. Hyunsik slowly inched forward, still curious about many things. What's that mini version of that box in the living room, but with a panel of letters from the west and a weird looking thing that resembles a mouse? What's that white box looking thing on the wall that blows out cold air? He had lots of unanswered questions, but it was all pushed aside when Ilhoon pulled Hyunsik over so that Hyunsik was now sitting on Ilhoon's bed.
 
Hyunsik was shocked. He didn't know what to do, what's with Ilhoon pulling him to his bed? He's sure that that kid didn't have any unusual thoughts or ideas anyway, but still it made him uncomfortable. He then realized he was sitting on something not that soft, but not that hard too.
 
"What's this? A bed?" Hyunsik asked as he pressed hard on the mattress.
 
"Yup, smart !" Ilhoon said as he stood up and started tidying up his room a little so that it looked pleasant to the guest.
 
"Smart... ? What's that?" Hyunsik asked as his eyes widened and blinked several times at Ilhoon. He had never heard of that word before. How could you call someone smart but at the same time call someone an ? That didn't make any sense.
 
"Oh, it's a modern version of calling people smart," 
 
"I suppose the modern people are ironic creatures," Hyunsik thought.
 
"Oh," Hyunsik said, "Then, I suppose you are a dumb then?"
 
"WHAT?!" Ilhoon stopped whatever he was doing and stomped back to Hyunsik, staring at him with his big eyes which seems to be shooting daggers at Hyunsik.
 
"Haha, nothing nothing, just a joke?" Hyunsik tried to calm Ilhoon down. He didn't know Ilhoon will be so affected by his mere comment. That kid has such a big ego.
 
"It better be, because I am already considered nice to let you stay here for a night," Ilhoon said as he pulled out a blue mattress and a blanket, placing them beside his bed, "This is where you are going to sleep. If you need anything more just tell me."
 
"Thanks," Hyunsik said as he plopped down on the mattress and stretched himself like a cat. He felt very comfortable on the mattress; well, at least it wasn't Ilhoon's bed, right? He had a long day, from meeting Ilhoon to almost fainting due to dehydration and then now in Ilhoon's room. He had to thank this kid, despite the fact that Ilhoon wasn't exactly the friendly-kid-next-door. Hyunsik wasn't sure about his friendship with Ilhoon, he doubt that Ilhoon actually think of him as a friend. Maybe acquaintances?
 
"Ilhoon-ah and Hyunsik-ah! Come down for dinner!" Ilhoon's mum yelled from the kitchen.
 
"Yes mum!" Ilhoon answered back as he told Hyunsik to follow him to the dining table.
 
----------
 
Dinner was awkward, since Ilhoon's mum kept asking Hyunsik questions about how he met Ilhoon, what does his family do etc etc. Hyunsik had to make many many lies to cover up, because he can't possibly tell Ilhoon's mum that he's 300 years older than Ilhoon.
 
"Where do you stay?" Ilhoon's mum asked while handing a bowl of soup for Hyunsik.
 
"Thanks," Hyunsik said when he took the bowl of soup, continuing, "Err... I stay at Gangnam!" Hyunsik didn't know what to say, but he heard something about Gangnam when he heard some people on the streets were talking, so he decided to take a risk and say that, hopefully it is not a bad place to stay. Or even a non-existent place to stay.
 
"Wow, you must be rich!" Ilhoon's mum exclaimed. Hyunsik heaved a sigh of relief, and he looked at Ilhoon, where that kid only gave him a smile of approval and continued eating. 
 
"At least that weirdo didn't screw up," Ilhoon thought to himself.
 
----------
 
After dinner, Ilhoon and Hyunsik sat on the sofa and was watching 'Running Man'. Of course, Hyunsik was very intrigued by how the television works, so Ilhoon tried his best to explain despite his limited knowledge about the television. Ilhoon was quite satifised with the fact that Hyunsik was enjoying himself, at least he wasn't very awkward with the new technologies his era doesn't have yet.
 
"Here, have some apples," Ilhoon's mum said while placing a plate of nicely cut apples on the coffee table.
 
"Thank you," Hyunsik and Ilhoon said, still focusing at the variety show.
 
Both of them bent forward and took toothpick, which Hyunsik assumed it was used to poke into the apple so that he doesn't have to dirty his hands. Then, with their eyes still staring at the television, both of them poke into an apple cube and realized they actually poked at the same apple cube. Both stared at each other, with Hyunsik taking out the toothpick and poke at another apple cube. It's too coincidental since there's so many apple cubes on the plate, but whatever, Hyunsik was too occupied with watching the show.
 
Ilhoon seems to not care much about it too, he just munched on the cube and laughed every time when something funny happened to the cast of 'Running Man'.
 
----------
 
"Are you done with showering? You've already spent 30 minutes in the bathroom!" Ilhoon yelled at Hyunsik, with his towel folded nicely and placed on his left shoulder.
 
"Hold on, I'm almost done," Ilhoon could hear Hyunsik vaguely.
 
The door opened and Hyunsik came out with his hair still dripping wet, wearing the clothes Ilhoon had gotten him. It didn't fit that well, it seems like Hyunsik's build is bigger than Ilhoon's but thankfully it isn't that bad. Anyway Hyunsik is going to stay for only a night right? So it doesn't really matter.
 
What made Ilhoon stunned was that Hyunsik looked really hot with his wet hair, plus the fact that he look so handsome already made Ilhoon blushed a little.
 
"What's wrong with me? I'm blushing over a guy? No way!" Ilhoon shook his head in attempt to shake off those thoughts and dashed into the bathroom.  Ilhoon don't want those thoughts, he felt that it's wrong, so wrong.
 
----------
 
After Ilhoon was done with showering, he found out that Hyunsik was already asleep. The way Hyunsik sleeps was so cute, he covered himself with the blanket until his head was seen and curled up into a ball. It was so unlike the Hyunsik who scared the freak out of Ilhoon when they first met, nor the Hyunsik who was so hot with his dripping wet hair. 
 
"Aish, such a weirdo!" Ilhoon muttered and dived onto his bed. 
 
He began to think back, searching for an answer to his previous question when he had decided to bring Hyunsik back to his house. Why? Why is he so happy that Hyunsik could know more about him and this world when he only met him for less than a day? Ilhoon thought for quite a long time and dismissed the thought because he's too tired. He peeped over at Hyunsik who was sleeping soundly and reach out his hand to touch Hyunsik. But even before he managed to touch him, he draw back his hand, slapping himself for attempting to do something so wrong.
 
"Must be the influence of that weirdo," Ilhoon sighed and decided to sleep.
 
----------
 
"It's Wednesday and we have to wear a tie to school. It's the college's rules," Ilhoon said as he handed Hyunsik a tie to wear. 
 
Hyunsik took the tie and scrutinized it. He looked at how Ilhoon tied his tie, but was too confused with the turns and stuff that he decided seek help from Ilhoon.
 
"So now who's the dumb here," Ilhoon said as Hyunsik handed him the tie.
 
"Whatever. What's the use of a tie?" Hyunsik asked as Ilhoon was tying the tie on Hyunsik.
 
"Use of a tie? It's for this," Ilhoon said as he finished tying the tie and pulled Hyunsik closer to him, such that their face was just a few centimeters apart. Both of them can feel each other's breaths and if Hyunsik wasn't hallucinating, he swear he heard Ilhoon's heartbeat getting faster and faster, and that his eyes were filled with lust.
 
Hyunsik was so shocked. He quickly pushed Ilhoon away and turned his back to Ilhoon. He wasn't sure why Ilhoon did that, but certainly it was scary. His heart was beating wildly, even though it was scary, Hyunsik didn't think that it's wrong. Somehow he felt that connection he had with that kid. 
 
----------
 
Ilhoon didn't know why he did that. He was being pushed onto the floor by Hyunsik, but instead of yelling at Hyunsik, he was dumbfounded. That feeling he got when Hyunsik was just a few centimeters away from him, that their eyes met, that he could feel Hyunsik's heart beating wildly, it is so addictive. He didn't think it's wrong, he felt that he had some connection with Hyunsik. 
 
"That's probably the answer to my question," Ilhoon thought as he stood up, picked up his bag and walked out of the bedroom after calming himself down, with Hyunsik quietly following behind him.
 
"This is going to be awkward," Ilhoon said, hitting himself on his forehead several times as discretely as possible.
 
----------
 
Hello! Thank you to everyone who had commented! ^^ I really appreciate all the comments and views. :) Chapter 7 will most probably be done by end of this week, stay tune and spread this fic to others too who ships HoonSik~ <3 Thank you Thank you and I love you guys!! :D