Friend?

Love Across Time

Chapter 5: Friend?

 
Ilhoon enjoyed looking at the way Hyunsik is drinking that cup of lemonade he bought for him. Unlike the first cup where he gulped down the whole drink in just a matter of seconds, for the second cup, Hyunsik instead slowly sipped that cup of ice cold lemonade down. With every sip, Ilhoon could see Hyunsik smile's getting wider and wider, just like a kid slowly savoring an ice-cream. It was so unlike the Hyunsik he met the first time earlier on.
 
"So cute," Ilhoon thought, with one of his hand under his chin and his elbow on the table, and the other hand grabbing a cup of lemonade which is being warmed by his hand since he has been holding it for the past five minutes. Ilhoon also had forgotten that the other boys are waiting for him at another table, not far away from where he was seated with Hyunsik. Ilhoon unknowingly smiled at Hyunsik, yes, that guy is a weirdo, but the way he smile while drinking a cup of lemonade, the way he enjoy such a simple thing made Ilhoon smile. Hyunsik is like a kid; he is easily satisfied with anything. Innocent and cute.
 
"It's very refreshing and tasty. What's the name of this drink?" Hyunsik asked after finishing his second cup, still smiling.
 
"Hmm? It's called lemonade," Ilhoon didn't expect Hyunsik to ask him a question in a sudden, so he stumbled upon his words a little. Ilhoon liked Hyunsik's eye-smile a lot, thus he made a mental note to make him smile as much as he can.
 
"Le... Lemonade? Such a weird name," Hyunsik stared at his cup and pronounced lemonade slowly and as accurate as he can. 
 
"Cute," Ilhoon blurted out, then was shocked at what he just said in front of Hyunsik.
 
"Hmm? What?" Hyunsik stared at Ilhoon.
 
"Nothing! Nothing, really. Oh yes, do you have any place for you to sleep? If you don't then you can come to my house, just for a night though," Ilhoon was flustered, so he quickly changed the subject to distract Hyunsik.
 
"Oh... I don't have any place to sleep... Is there any inn around the area? I don't wish to trouble you and your family."
 
"It's okay, a night is okay. Haha and there isn't any inn in this era. We call them hotels!" Ilhoon laughed at Hyunsik's traditional term in calling a hotel an inn.
 
"Okay then..." Hyunsik agreed reluctantly.
 
"Yah! Ilhoon-ah! Your 'a while' is 20 minutes huh?!" Ilhoon could hear Eunkwang yelling for him.
 
"Hyung! I'm coming over now, hold on!" 
 
"Hyunsik, I will be going over to that table for now, wait for me okay? I will get you another cup of lemonade of you want," Ilhoon quickly stood up.
 
"It's okay, go and talk to your friends, I'll wait for you," Hyunsik smiled again.
 
Ilhoon smiled back and ran over to the boys, apologizing to them, bowing over and over again.
 
----------
 
Hyunsik's POV
 
"He called me cute again," Hyunsik thought as he faked that he didn't catch what Ilhoon just said about him. He didn't want Ilhoon to feel awkward. 
 
"Nothing! Nothing, really. Oh yes, do you have any place for you to sleep? If you don't then you can come to my house, just for a night though," Ilhoon said.
 
Hyunsik knew that Ilhoon was changing the subject so he played along. However, he was shocked that Ilhoon actually invited him to stay overnight at his house. Are the kids in this era so open? Hyunsik barely knew Ilhoon for a day! And now Ilhoon is inviting Hyunsik to his house. What's more, it is to stay overnight.
 

"Oh... I don't have any place to sleep... Is there any inn around the area? I don't wish to trouble you and your family." Hyunsik replied.

 

"It's okay, a night is okay. Haha and there isn't any inn in this era. We call them hotels!" 

 
Hyunsik was taken aback due to Ilhoon's reaction. He didn't know this kid could laugh so cutely. His bright smile made Hyunsik felt even more refreshed than what a cup of lemonade could do. Since Ilhoon insisted that he should stay over at his house for a night, Hyunsik decided to accept his request.
 
"Yah! Ilhoon-ah! Your 'a while' is 20 minutes huh?!" Hyunsik could hear someone yelling for Ilhoon. He looked around and spotted a group of five boys sitting at another table, all looking quite handsome and cute.
 
"Hmm... But this kid in front of me is cuter," Hyunsik thought. 
 
"Hyunsik, I will be going over to that table for now, wait for me okay? I will get you another cup of lemonade of you want," Ilhoon quickly stood up.
 
"It's okay, go and talk to your friends, I'll wait for you," Hyunsik smiled again, not wanting Ilhoon to feel bad for leaving him in a hurry.
 
Hyunsik then froze when Ilhoon smiled back at him and then ran away to the other table.
 
"That smile... So gorgeous and cute at the same time," Hyunsik muttered under his breath. He took an ice cube out of the empty cup and popped it into his mouth, chewing it and glancing over to where Ilhoon was seated every now and then.
 
----------
 
"Hyung, I have to leave now, I have something important to do," Ilhoon told Eunkwang apologetically. He didn't want Hyunsik to wait for him for such a long time.
 
"What thing can be so important than talking and spending with your hyungs! Haha sure go ahead, I am not as evil as you think I am," Eunkwang gestured Ilhoon to go ahead.
 
"Thank you hyungs! Bye!" Ilhoon smiled and ran toward Hyunsik, grabbing his hand and dashed out of the school.
 
"Woah wait wait! What's the hurry!" Hyunsik was astonished by Ilhoon's actions. He realized Ilhoon was holding onto his hands. His heart was beating fast. No, it wasn't because he was running, it was because of the warmth of Ilhoon's hand which Hyunsik could feel. 
 
When they are at the traffic lights, Ilhoon realized that he had been holding onto Hyunsik's hands, his eyes widened and let it go. His heart was beating fast, he didn't know that he actually held that weirdo's hands at all. He was embarassed at what he had done, so he decided to say something to distract Hyunsik and escape from such an awkward situation.
 
"So... How do you find this world?"
 
"Hot. Horrible. What's all those metal looking things with wheels?"
 
"Haha! They are called cars!" Ilhoon laughed at how Hyunsik described a car. It's true that cars are metal things with wheels though, just that the way Hyunsik said it was so amusing.
 
"Oh, it something like what we had in the olden days, just that ours was a horse carriage and yours is a car, right?"
 
"Yes! You're quite smart!"
 
"Of course, I'm a scholar, don't forget that," Hyunsik smiled and then crossed the road when the red light changed to green.
 
"Hey wait for me!" Ilhoon shouted and followed after Hyunsik.
 
----------
 
"Dad, mum, I'm back!" Ilhoon yelled as he took off his shoes, instructing Hyunsik to do the same.
 
"Oh welcome home! I see you had brought a friend," Ilhoon's mum came out of the kitchen.
 
"Good evening, I am Ilhoon's friend, Hyunsik, nice to meet you," Hyunsik bowed.
 
"Mum, he's staying over for a night, is that okay?"
 
"Sure! He's such a nice boy," Ilhoon's mum smiled.
 
"Thank you mum!" Ilhoon bowed and dragged Hyunsik up to his room.
 
----------
 
Hyunsik's POV
 
Hyunsik is nervous. Yes, he might be 300 years older than that kid, but nevertheless it's his first time going to a modern house, in addition, he's going to a house of a kid he knew less than a day. It sounds absurd but somehow things became that way. Hyunsik knew that he can just use the charm he had and disappear back to his era, but he want to know how the interior of a modern house look like. 
 
He entered the elevator together with Ilhoon, surprised and also worried about how this thing works. He saw several numbers on a metal panel, where Ilhoon pressed only the '6' button. Hyunsik figured that those are numbers indicating the floors. So Ilhoon stayed at the sixth floor then, Hyunsik thought as he looked around the elevator.
 
"This is called an elevator, it brings us to the floor which we want to go," Ilhoon explained.
 
"I know, those are the numbers indicating the floors right? So you stay at the sixth floor?" Hyunsik asked.
 
"Yup, you are smart!"
 
"Of course, let me remind you that I'm a scholar," Hyunsik said with pride.
 
"Sheesh, don't be too proud about it!" 
 
Hyunsik exited the elevator together with Ilhoon, he was surprised at how things can change within such a short period of time. He saw Ilhoon walking towards a door and opening it, so he just followed him and entered the house. 
 
"Dad, mum, I'm back!" Ilhoon yelled as he took off his shoes, instructing Hyunsik to do the same. Hyunsik hurriedly took off his shoes and placed them nicely beside Ilhoon's.
 
"Oh welcome home! I see you had brought a friend," Ilhoon's mum came out of the kitchen. Hyunsik thought Ilhoon's mum was pretty. Maybe Ilhoon inherited his mum's genes of having such beautiful eyes. 
 
Wait, did Ilhoon's mum just called him Ilhoon's friend? Hyunsik wanted to refute, but he realized if he want to stay at that kid's house for a night he better play suit.
 
"Good evening, I am Ilhoon's friend, Hyunsik, nice to meet you," Hyunsik bowed, a little awkward at making up a lie.
 
"Mum, he's staying over for a night, is that okay?"
 
"Sure! He's such a nice boy," Ilhoon's mum smiled.
 
"Thank you mum!" Ilhoon bowed and dragged Hyunsik up to his room.
 
----------
 
Yes! I'm done with chapter 5! I'm having a one week holiday now so I have lots of time to update~ Yay~ Hope you enjoyed chapter 5~ I'll try my best to update 2 more times this week, stay tune to it! ^^ Please comment and subscribe tytytyty!! :D