Sows and New Enemies

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

 

sows and new enemies

 

“It’s not easy to say this, but I have to. It’s for the sake of the camp,” Achilles said, looking at everyone one of us in the eye.

 

So, you’re probably wondering why a hero of Troy, the dead guy who owned the weak heel was in the room, looking perfectly calm.

 

The fact that he was our Head Counselor and that he was immortal helped, though. He looked the same as thousands of years ago. Brown cropped up hair, a regal looking face, but without the bloody heel. Despite the fact that he died thousands of years ago, he had the sense of modern fashion. He was decked with a simple light blue v-neck t-shirt, denim jeans and white rubber shoes.

 

He looked like a normal 20-year-old guy who was about to go grocery shopping for milk.

 

“What do you mean, Achilles? I’m not Apollo, but I know the worst is with the seven demigods,” Kris said bluntly, everyone’s eyes on him. I snorted at his honesty. Leave it to Kris to say things straightforward. Achilles smiled at Kris, but it looked sad.

 

“Yes, the worst is with the seven demigods. They have to close the Doors of Death, but with what Coach Hedge said through the Iris-Message, things are not going well. But that’s not what matters right now.” Achilles stabbed his dagger on the Table Tennis table where we all gathered, surprising us all.

 

“Pass the chips?” Chanyeol blurted out to Tao who was nearest to the chips.

 

“Say please,”

 

“Please?”
 

“No.” Tao glared at Chanyeol who hung his head in defeat. Chen rolled his eyes and discreetly got the chips, passing it to Chanyeol behind everyone’s backs. I chuckled as I noticed the scene, but we have to b focused.

 

“The things is… we have another prophecy on our hands.” A collective intake of breathe issued around the table as everyone went silent. I sighed first, already knowing what was the prophecy.

 

You see, before Achilles announced that to the counselors, he told me first. Probably because I have more sense, or that I can take the news calmly.

 

Or because I can mask my fear better than others.

 

I think it’s the latter.

 

“Achilles is right. We have another prophecy, and it’s not exactly an adventure to Candy Land,” I told them all, worried expressions settling in their faces.

“What?! So you’re saying, despite the war we already have against my mom,” everyone nervously looked down and shuffled their feet at what Kyungsoo said, “We have another war? Or something worse than that?” Kyungsoo continued, looking at Achilles incredulously.

 

“I believe, I can’t say Kyungsoo.”

 

“Then what’s the point of this war meeting?!”
 

“The point to this war meeting is to warn you, my dear Kyungsoo,” a female voice answered for me. Too bad, because my response was much harsher. We all turned around to see the new comer, who was named Ariadne. The mortal who led Theseus out of the labyrinth with just a piece of string.

 

And who said females can’t be badass?

 

“Ariadne, so glad you can join us,” Achilles drawled, rolling his eyes playfully. Ariadne smiled warm heartedly before taking her place beside Achilles. They were the best of friends ever since they helped with the starting of Camp Olympus.

 

I glanced at Kyungsoo who was slightly red from what Ariadne said.

 

Tch, that teaches you to be patient, my dear Kyungsoo.

 

“Anyways, go on Jiae,” Luhan prompted as I smiled at his effort.

 

“So yeah, I’ve heard the prophecy, and instead of just three people going on a quest, it needs twenty four people.”

 

Someone snorted at what I said, and it was Kevin, head counselor of the Demeter cabin, and one of my closest friends.

 

“Twenty-four? Isn’t that a lot?” Baekhyun asked skeptically, tilting his head.

 

“Yeah, it is, but that’s what Rachel Dare said to me, when I visited her in the request of Chiron. The prophecy needs twenty four people in the quest,”

 

“And my guess is twelve girls and twelve guys, I presume?” Suho, head counselor of the Poseidon cabin, asked somewhat amusingly. I nodded at him.

 

“Wait, hold up, time out,” Chanyeol made a time-out gesture which made Baekhyun laugh briefly at the clueless look on Chanyeol’s face, “A quest? We’ll have a quest?! But who will be in it? There are like, one thousand campers in camp-“

 

“A hundred and fifty campers,” Chen coughed loudly.

 

“So it wouldn’t be that easy to just choose right?” Chanyeol continued, completely catching everyone’s attention. Some muttered in agreement, some stayed silent.

 

“You’re right, Chanyeol, it’s not that easy. But the prophecy had stated specifically who will venture into this quest,” Ariadne agreed, nodding her head.

 

“When will it start? This prophecy?” Sehun asked, a little too excitedly despite the mood.

 

“We don’t know yet. Maybe we’ll be given a sign when all twenty four are here already. Maybe not. But this prophecy will take action soon. I can feel it,” Achilles warned, looking stern.

 

Okay, we love Achilles to death, but he thinks about the negative to much.

 

“On the bright side, I believe not all twenty four are here now, so the prophecy can’t be true yet. We’ll just meet it when it does, alright?” Luhan smiled brilliantly as everyone agreed with home. I snorted and half smiled, knowing he used his charmspeak to calm everyone down.

 

“So the prophecy? Can you recite it?” Kai asked suddenly, scaring us. He didn’t attend these kinds of meetings regularly because he would rather much be with girls, that’s why it’s shocking to see that he has taken interest.

 

“Yeah, I can,” I told him as I cleared my throat. In truth, I didn’t want to recite it. There was the word death somewhere in the prophecy, and I knew no one in this room wanted to discuss who will die in front of a Table Tennis table and a half-eaten bowl of chips.

 

The-

 

“THE NEW CAMPERS ARE HERE!”

 

“YAH!” An arrow lodged itself Xiumin’s extra shirt sleeve, pinning him on the wall. We all turned our heads to Kris who was breathing heavily, his eyes narrowed at Xiumin in anger.

 

Xiumin, on the other hand, looked like he wanted to faint.

 

“She was about to tell the prophecy that could put our lives on the line, and you interrupted it!” Kris roared, already getting another arrow when Tao stopped Kris with his time-stopping abilities. Tao smirked at his hyung.

 

“That could shut him up for a few good minutes, though I can’t contain his anger for too long. The news?” Tao asked Xiumin who was still in shock.

 

“Oh yeah. The new campers are here!” Xiumin answered happily, a cheer of happiness erupting around us. The only ones who were grim were I and Achilles.

 

“How many campers?” Lay asked happily, bouncing on his heels.

 

“Around ten! And they’re all twelve to eighteen years of age!” Xiumin answered back, as if he was the proud father of ten kids.

 

“You steamed-bun loving idiot! Don’t you know how many monsters they have attracted?! AND YOU LEFT THEM ALONE?!” Chen shouted, Xiumin’s eyes widening.

 

“You know? I did not think of that,” Chanyeol said, tapping his chin imploringly. I pushed through the campers and ran to the middle of the camp, where the entrance is clearly shown. The campers were in the middle of the field, looking at the sky while trembling.

 

“YAH KIM MINSEOK! What did you do to them?!” I shouted, hoping the counselors were already behind me.

 

“Nothing! Why are you blaming me when maybe they just have an appreciation for the sky?!” I heard Xiumin retort as a loud, squealing sound echoed. I cursed and shook my bracelet, Lux appearing. I held it high, looking at the sky as a flying figure flew towards the camp. It was getting closer and closer, and in just five minutes, it would be too close for comfort.

 

“Do you by any chance, set up the invisible borders?!” I yelled at Kris, who was in charge of that. I heard him curse in Latin, Greek, Chinese, English and Korean.

 

I think he didn’t set up the borders.

 

“Is there time?” Chen asked loudly as there was a sound of a sword being drawn.

 

“No time! The flying pig’s here!” Sehun told him as we all ducked, the large sow trying to catch us while soaring back high. It circled the camp while screaming REEEEEEET!

 

“Dude! If you’re hungry, just tell us! We have left over burgers that Daehyun hasn’t devoured yet!” Chanyeol shouted loudly, the pig making belching sounds.

 

I think it prefers demigods more than a burger. In that case, more for Daehyun.

 

“Any training technique you know, use it! Xiumin! Get the new campers out of here!” Suho shouted the order, Xiumin following. I looked around and retreated, trying to find a way to beat the Clazmonian Sow.

 

“Has anyone beaten this thing yet? BANG JIAE?!” Luhan asked as he tried to slice the sow in half when it soared down, but Luhan just angered it more.

 

“So far, Percy had beaten it, but it needed an automaton!” I shouted back angrily at that Barbie Doll. I looked around and saw a tall cabin, the cabin of Ariadne and Achilles.

 

A crazy idea struck me, and for that, I need Sehun and probably Suho and the rest of the counselors.

 

“Sehun! Come with me!” I shouted at the youngest among the counselors. Sehun looked at me confusedly before I pulled his wrist, running over the tall cabin.

 

“Yah! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO MAKE OUT IN A NEARBY CABIN JIAE!” I heard Luhan shout jokingly at me as I huffed. One day, I’ll lodge a knife in his throat.

 

I and Sehun stood at the side of the cabin, Sehun looking up.

 

“What do you want me to do, noona?” Sehun asked happily, maybe because this is the first time someone has every given him an important job.

 

“Can you fly me up there? I need to get a better view of the pink pig,” I requested. Sehun nodded and summoned the winds to push me up on the top of the cabin. I landed on the roof and picked my way carefully to the edge, cautiously so I won’t fall.

 

“Guys! Direct the sow to me! Sehun! Use your wind powers to help me jump on the pig!” I commanded from the top of the cabin. Chanyeol’s jaw dropped.

 

“No way! There is no way in Tartarus-“

 

“HERE FLYING PIG! COME TO DADDY!” Kris yelled as he summoned his own air as he floated, taunting the pig. The pig made an angry sound and flew after Kris, who was speeding towards me. He glared at me, as if he already knew what I was thinking.

 

“Jiae, if you mess up-!”
 

“Don’t worry! I always do, but I manage to live! Hurry!” I interrupted as Kris soared upwards. I jumped from the building, counting on Sehun’s wind. The wind pushed me upwards as I used it as a launching pad. I somersaulted and landed on the pigs’ bag, the pig squealing in frustration.

 

“Guys! Distract and lead the pig to the beach!” I ordered as the pig tried to throw me off. I did the natural thing. I flattened my whole being on the pig and prayed to Hades to not take me yet.

 

“This way you ugly pig!” I heard Kai shout. I glanced down to see him for a second before he disappeared into the shadows. By the way, he’s the son of Hades, so he can do stuff like that. The counselors started to pitch in, leading the pig through the woods and to the beach.

 

I’m telling you, the ride wasn’t comfortable. You try hugging a large pig so you won’t crash land to death.

 

I almost wished the pig would crash into a nearby pine tree, but either the gods were ignoring me, or it was just impossible.

 

And no sooner than five minutes, we arrived at the beach. The pig circled the counselors that were down below, still throwing insults that angered the pig more.

 

“What’s next Jiae?!” I heard Chen shout as he threw rocks at the pig, one hitting me above the eye.

 

“Try to kill the pig, I presume!” I yelled back, feeling blood dripping in the side of my face. Thanks a lot Chen.

 

“Thanks for the suggestion Jiae, and if you haven’t noticed, we have been trying that for the past thirty minutes!” Tao yelled as he tried to stop the pig with his time powers.

 

I cursed as I thought of a plan. I always had back-up plans right?

 

“Over there!” a loud voice surprised as all, and in no time, an arrow pierced the sow’s left side, making it squeal and writhe in pain.

 

Okay, thank you for helping, but I’m about to fall off. Cool.

 

“Get up there Wookyung!” the same voice instructed as someone materialized behind me. I did a double take. A sandy haired boy sat behind me, looking perfectly calm despite the fact that the pig was doing everything to throw us both off.

 

“Jang Wookyung, at your service. Just learned that I could fly, and you look like you’re in trouble, so, need a hand?” Wookyung asked charmingly, smiling faintly. I nodded and took his hand. He then used the pig as a launching pad and jumped.

 

I hugged him tightly as I felt a pressure underneath my feet. It was air pressure.

 

“Hold on!” Wookyung warned as we touched the ground, rolling. I can’t get mad at the kid.

 

It was his first time flying.

 

“Suho! Drown it!” I yelled desperately as Suho nodded. He closed his eyes as a ten feet tidal wave appeared. I looked to my right to see a girl concentrating too.

 

And that’s when I realized they were working together.

 

Suho tried to drown it with the tidal wave he made, but the sow managed to escape it a few seconds when another large tidal wave appeared and drowned the sow, the flying pig trapped under the sea.

 

I looked at the girl who looked pale and exhausted.

 

“Are you by chance…the new campers?” Suho asked calmly, sincerity in his eyes. Wookyung nodded and pointed at the others who were just watching us.

 

“Yes. Xiumin explained everything. I’m Jang Wookyung, son of Jupiter,” Wookyung stated proudly.

 

“You mean Zeus, right?” Chanyeol corrected him, standing beside the confused Baekhyun.

 

“No, Jupiter. Definitely Jupiter,” Wookyung replied, equally confused as Baekhyun. I glanced at his arm, and there were three lines burned there with the letters SPQR.

 

“You’re from Camp Jupiter. And you’re Roman, right?” I guessed smartly as he nodded.

 

“There are two more Romans, but most of the kids I’m with are Greek. The one who caused the wave awhile ago was Raeli, cousin of Reyna from Camp Jupiter,” Wookyung explained, pointing at the girl who looked pale. I nodded and turned to Luhan.

 

“How’d you stumble here? By the sheer number of you, you would’ve attracted a lot of monsters,” Lay stated confidently, standing beside me as he studied the campers.

 

Wookyung exchanged looks with Raeli.

 

“The thing is guys; Camp Jupiter is going to attack Camp Half-Blood. And there’s a camp that wants to destroy you,” Raeli said, her raven-hair in a braid in her left side.

 

“What’s the name of this camp?” Kai asked hastily.

 

“Camp Almighty.” 

 

 


 

author's note 

Second teaser! I hoped you guys liked it! For your information, the ten demigods here are not the girls that I chose, okay? So don't get too excited! But, the chosen girl teasers are already planned, so I hope you anticipate it :)

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU