Bird Woman vs. Apollo Kid

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

 

bird woman vs. apollo kid

 

“Hmm, do these words even fit in this genre?” I asked myself as my hand fell limply on my floral patterned notebook. I sighed and my lips, tapping my fingers on the notebook to make rhythm.


 

As I did, I looked around the garden of my school. It was quite a sight actually, the roses blooming, violets everywhere, the sunflowers absolutely beautiful. Sometimes, I would sing to them in hopes of them blooming more.

 

It was always worked, for some reason.

 

“Aha! I got it now!” I exclaimed, a burst of lyrics coming to me as I jotted it down as fast as I can. My handwriting was not orderly, nor understandable, but it was enough for me to comprehend. I huffed in a satisfied way and closed my notebook, lying down on the grass.

 

I was a sunny day in my school, and most of the students were milling around in their free time, or watching the match that was going on.

 

Speaking of the match.

 

I got out my cellphone and scrolled through my contacts, searching for the Happy Virus’ name. I found it as I tapped the number, calling him. I brought the phone down to my ears as I admired nature’s beauty.

 

I hummed a few tunes, waiting for my best friend, Park Chanyeol, to answer.

 

“Yello! This is Chanyeol! What I may be of service?” Chanyeol answered in a ridiculous voice as I chuckled, wetting my lips.

 

“What time is your game? I might not make it,” I told him sadly as he made a ‘tut tut’ sound.

 

“No way are you not going to my game! You promised!” Chanyeol whined on the other line as I raised an eyebrow.

 

“There are too many people there Channie, and it’s crowded. You know I hate crowded places.”

 

“I know, but do you hate me?” Chanyeol countered as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Of course not, I love you!”

 

“Aww, I love you too baby!”

 

“Not in that kind of way, you ert!” I giggled as I heard Chanyeol sigh dejectedly.

 

“Well, I tried. Anyway, you’re going to my game unless you want me to call Jieun!” Chanyeol threatened as I momentarily started to way. Lee Jieun, also known as IU, is my best friend too, even if she was an idol singer.

 

“Don’t! She’s busy with her schedule Yeol, you can’t bug her!”

 

“That’s true. But! She told me to call her if any problems arise with you. You know, she’s on my speed dial, so-“

 

“Okay! I’m going to your game, you Annoying Blackmailer! Sheesh, I’ll meet you in the back door of the auditorium.” I got up, shoving my notebook inside my sling bag.

 

“You’re acting like you’re going to break in, gosh. Fine, I’ll meet you there. Don’t forget to cheer for oppa, okay?” Chanyeol said over the line as I rolled my eyes playfully.


”Okay. Bye!” I hung up, putting the phone in my pocket. I sneaked around the auditorium, heading to the back door. I wiped a bead of sweat that formed as I waited outside of the door.

 

The door opened, revealing a 185cm Happy Virus smiling down at me, wearing his basketball uniform.

 

“You made it!” Chanyeol shouted excitedly, yanking me in before closing the door. I gulped as I saw almost the whole student body inside the auditorium. I turned to run away when Chanyeol held me back.

 

“Aww, is my Jihun shy? Come on, after we win, we’ll go straight home and watch your favorite drama, Flower Boy Next Door, okay?” Chanyeol consoled me as I nodded timidly, biting my lip. Chanyeol grinned and ruffled my hair before leading me toward the front seats.

 

I sat down at the very end, beside a girl. Chanyeol patted my head before running to his team. I exhaled loudly, hoping no one would talk to me. The game started as everyone started to cheer for their own respected teams.

 

“You know back in the day, we didn’t have none of this ball-throwing. We had fire boulder throwing, which was much better!” the girl beside me shouted in glee, scaring the soul out of me as I jumped. She looked at me with her gold eyes.

 

“Oh, but I never participated. I mean, I’m – let’s say – different than others girls. I know how to fly and achieve my dreams,” she said again as I nodded in agreement.

 

Okay, if a freaky girl starts talking to you about throwing boulders which are apparently on fire, it’s best if you just go with it.

 

“So tell me, Lee Jihun, why are you the chosen one? Why did the gods put you under some protection? You don’t look much, you need to eat.” She poked me in shoulder as I flinched, shaking.

 

What was this girl saying?! She was completely out of her mind!

 

Just then, the crowd roared, scaring me again as I realized Chanyeol’s team got a point. I saw him look over at me, smiling. I smiled weakly, but I also stood up. I can’t sit beside this girl, she was scaring me too much than the norm.

 

“Thank you for your presence, I’m sorry,” I mumbled and bowed before trying to scuttle away when she grabbed my wrist. Her hand wasn’t warm. In fact, it felt scaly and rough, and cold. So cold.

 

I looked back and widened my eyes in fear.

 

“You think you can escape a Fury?!” The girl – okay, let’s call her Bird Woman – screeched as it spread its wings. I stumbled down in fear, not believing my eyes.

 

What the heck was going on?!

 

All the students that were in the auditorium fled, screaming their heads off. Some called the teachers and janitors, I even heard the fire alarm, but Bird Woman didn’t care. I stood up as fast as I could as I ran towards Chanyeol who was just standing there, looking shocked.

 

“How could a Fury enter here?! Grover already scouted this school!” Chanyeol shouted as Bird Woman looked at us, advancing slowly as if we were prey. I tried to haul Chanyeol out, but he wouldn’t budge.

 

“What are you doing?! We have to kill it!”

 

“Killing is bad!” I replied, trying to pull him once again. Chanyeol yanked away his arm and reached for his necklace. He threw it in the air, and it became a sword that was bathed in silver.

 

“What are you holding?! Drop it!” I yelled angrily as he smirked, shaking his head.

 

“The day I surrender to a monster is the day you’re not allergic to peanuts. AHH!” Chanyeol charged the monster, trying to stab it. I put my hands on my head, trying to think of what I can do to help him.

 

I looked around and saw a rack of basketballs. I had a crazy, but brilliant idea. I rode on a hang glider once, and Bird Woman looked like a hang glider, so might as well do it.

 

I wheeled the basketball rack as quietly as I could behind the monster.

 

“Lee- OWW!” I threw a basketball at Chanyeol’s head, signaling for him to shut up. The Fury turned around and hissed. I gulped and started to back away.

 

“YOU ARE NOT LAYING A HAND ON MY JIHUN! HI-YA!” Chanyeol sliced the creature talons off, but it wasn’t dead yet. At least Chanyeol got its attention.

 

I started rolling the rack, picking up speed. Once I got my momentum, I hopped on the rack and waited for the right time.

 

A few inches away from the Fury, I jumped from the rack, using it as a launching pad. I mounted the creature shoulders as I started hitting it, the Fury absolutely furious.

 

“Here! Use this!” Chanyeol tossed me the sword as I caught it, sinking it into the creatures’ head. I jumped off the creature, my shoulder stinging from the impact. The creature disintegrated as I got up, rubbing my sore shoulder as I hobbled over to Chanyeol who was looking serious.

 

“You have to explain this Happy Virus, unless you want a sword sticking out of your chest,” I threatened as Chanyeol laughed, slinging an arm around me and getting my sling bag for me, slinging it over his shoulder.

 

“Come on princess, let’s get you to Camp Olympus.” 

 


 

author's note 

Here's the teaser for deeroyal! Hope you liked it, sorry for the wait! ^^

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU

 


 

author's note 

So, first teaser for Jung Chaehwa! I hoped you guys liked it :)

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU