Best Friend

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

 

best friend

 

 The only sound that was heard in the training room was my knife sticking on the worn wood. It was off the bulls’ eye, which was weird. Even for me. I trained in this training room since I was ten. My blood, sweat and tears spilled on this very floor when I practiced knife throwing, sword fighting, archery and hand to hand combat. Everything I knew about fighting came from this spacious room with weapons. I panted, sweat trickling down the side of my face.

I knew I should stop. Who would like to see a sweaty counselor walk around the camp with a knife in her hand? I know what they were thinking the moment they will look at me.

Crazy.

And maybe I was. The prophecy and the attacks of the monsters weren’t making things better.

“Are you going to stare at that bulls’ eye or are you going to throw another knife at it again?” A too familiar voice echoed in the peaceful atmosphere of the training room, disrupting my serenity. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bulls’ eye, grabbing the knife’s hilt and yanking it back. I looked at Luhan seriously when he had a silly grin on his face, his arms crossed over his chest.

He was all casual today, with jeans and a simple buttoned up white t-shirt. Though he looked casual, being the son of Aphrodite, he set the new trend just by wearing that.

“Why don’t I throw my knife at you and see if I hit the bulls’ eye?”

“Nah, my heart is nowhere to be found in me.”

“Where is it then?”

“With you.”

I snorted, chuckling and rolling my eyes in the process. I don’t know what this kid has been reading, but probably too much romance books. I pointed the sharp point of the knife at him.

“Say, beat me in hand to hand combat then I’ll treat you to ice cream,” I challenged, smirking as I drop the knife and kick it away. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows but smiled, walking towards me. I smiled and shrugged as Luhan reached me, towering over me easily.

Stupid tall child of Aphrodite.

“So, you want me to risk my life just for ice cream?”

“It’s hand to hand combat Luhan,”

“Still!” Luhan protested, pouting as I smiled again, stepping backwards and leaning on my left.

“What are you waiting for, Barbie? Come get me.” I made a motion, inclining my hands to myself as Luhan rolled his eyes, crouching.

“Bring it on, Badass Bang.”

“HIYA!” I charged and quickly brought my fist up to meet his jaw. It was cruel to strike his weak spot (things coming up from below always surprises Luhan), but I can’t help it. He looked cute when I beat him. He managed to deflect it by catching my fist, twisting it and pushing it away before he tried to land a punch on me. I regained my senses and leaned towards the right, his fist avoiding me as I took a hold of it, turning around to quickly flip him when he resisted.

I groaned in effort, trying to lift him off his feet and flip him over me, but the darned kid just stayed on the ground. Eventually my grip slackened and Luhan’s arms found its way around my waist. I panted and leaned on his chest, closing my eyes. He smelled of cinnamon and chocolate, as if he just hung out in a donut store. I felt his lips tickling my temple, but I didn’t mind. With the deadline looming, I didn’t mind a little skinship with Luhan.

He is, after all, my best friend.

His strong arms kept me up as we swayed side to side, not really saying anything.

“Hey, Jiae?” Luhan asked softly. I smiled and tilted my head, looking up. “Yeah?”

He chuckled and smiled down at me, poking my sides briefly. “Where’s my ice cream?”

“You tricked me!”

“DID NOT! Who was leaning on my chest like a girly girl?!”

“Why you- COME BACK HERE!”

“AH!”

Luhan quickly let go of me and ran out of the door screaming, me hot on his heels with a dagger in my hand and a crazy look in my eyes.

“BARBIE! COME BACK HERE! I’ll give you a makeover!”

“Not in your demigod dreams, counselor!”


 

author's note 

Just a little preview on what's happening ^^; the next chapter of the camp will most likely be about the EXO members~

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU