Christmas Special

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

 

A Snowy Day...Sort of

 

 

 

 

Today was a special day for most of the campers, especially the Hermes cabin...well, it should've been. But when they burst through their cabin doors, there was a lack of what they were expecting today: snow.

It was still the same landscape, with the sun beating down on the ground. The camp borders were used as barriers from the weather, and they were missing out on a lot. Though, unlike Camp Halfblood, the demigods who could control the weather are the ones who can decide what weather the camp should have. And it would be the Boreas cabin's job, supposedly. The disappointed looks on the campers’ faces really said something.

"Where's the snow? Where's all the wonderful white beauty where I could create snowballs to hit people with?" asked a dramatic Chen to Xiumin's siblings.

"Well, we're not that powerful enough to create a snow day. We don't really have that much training," replied a girl who was wearing a duck printed footie pajamas. She was actually confident enough to wear that outside? I salute you, whatever your name was.

"Where's Xiumin then? He's the most powerful out of all of you right?"

"Uhmm...about that. You see, he accidentally slipped in a puddle of water in our cabin and knocked himself out. It was quite embarrassing," she blushed. "We've tried everything we could to wake him up that didn't involve hurting him more, but nothing worked!"

I almost slapped my forehead in front of everyone. One day that water bottle will cause his death if he won't be any more careful. This is starting to aggravate me, and so did the campers.

Meanwhile, Chen disappeared into his cabin and later came out with a stool. Oh no, I don't like where this is going.

He stood up, carefully balancing himself so he won't trip, and cleared his throat.

"All of you! Listen up! We will find a way to wake Xiumin-hyung up! All you need to do is ready your gear for later! Oh, and I suggest covering your faces if you don't want to eat snow shavings!"

The campers all shouted and ran back to their cabins. I have to remember to stay inside mine later on. But then again, why wait? I was only dragged out by my brothers anyway. It's not like I wanted to stay outside.

"Not so fast!"

I quickened my pace. There's no way I'm getting involved in their schemes.

"You're the only one who can help us!" Chen implored...dramatically.

Lalala, I'm not hearing anything. They're just desperate people who want snow. Lalalal-

I was suddenly seized by the arms; both Chen and Sehun dragged me towards the Boreas cabin. Despite their lanky statures, they have crazy strengths in their arms. This is embarrassing.

 

 

Chen loosened his hold and kicked open the cabin door. "We've got our secret weapon. So where is that steamed-bun loving idiot?"

The kids all pointed at a bed at the end of the room, where Xiumin lay soundly. He almost looked like an angel from here, if you overlook that big red bump he has on his forehead.

"Okay then, Lian time to use your magic," Sehun clapped after letting me go when we reached Xiumin's side.

"What magic?"

"It’s work your magic, Sehun. And you know how to wake him up right?" Chen asked, fidgeting in his place. Yup, as I said: desperate.

"No I don't. And it's his fault for being stupid enough to knock himself out by slipping on a puddle," I scoffed.

"Why don't you try waking him up with a kiss?" Sehun suggested. "That always seems to work in the movies."

Almost immediately, I responded with "NO." As if I'm going to do something stupid and cheesy.

"Well, what are we going to do now?" Chen almost cried out. I will not pity them, no I won't. Nope, I’m not going to do it, I’m not going to pity them.

 

But I like snow too...and it's rare that I see it.

No, they're annoying. Why help them?

It's not helping them, it's helping us. We want to see snow too, right?

Well-...you have a good point. Fine, we're doing this for the snow not for them.

 

That was how the conversation in my head went. Yep, I know I'm crazy. Judge me.

Sighing in defeat, I went over to one of Xiumin's siblings.

"Do you guys know where he keeps his water bottle?" I asked.

"Umm...under his bed I think."

I went back to the bugs and told them what I uncovered. Sehun reached under the bed and brought out a water bottle, the one we always see Xiumin carrying. If water knocked him out in the first place, then water might bring him back to consciousness.

"What are you going to do with a water bottle?" he asked as he tossed the bottle over to me.

Chen's eyes widened in realization and he grinned. "You're evil, Lian! I'm starting to like you!"

I grumbled to myself as I opened the water bottle. No way am I going to associate with them after this.

Sorry, Minseok. But this is the consequence of running away from your job. I know you'll still forgive me anyway.

I splashed the contents of the water bottle onto his face. The duo behind me broke out into laughter while Xiumin's siblings snickered.

Eyes fluttered wide open as their owner sputtered, trying to prevent the water from entering his nose, though it appeared he was too late.

"What..." he managed to say. Sehun and Chen started pointing their fingers at me and shouted accusations. But the now empty water bottle in my hand spoke for itself, though I won't deny it. He deserves it, and Jiae and Kris barely threaten to hurt him anymore so I'm bringing it back.

"Nice to see you're finally awake, now get your up and make it snow in the camp. The kids are waiting," I ordered.

"Snow...snow...snow...oh, right! Today's the start of snow day!" he exclaimed. "Oh my gods, I'm sorry I didn't make it snow yet! Is it too late?"

"Nope, you're just am hour behind but you could still catch up. The campers are already set," Chen pulled him out of bed and ushered him outside. "It’s time to work your magic."

He emphasized his words and stuck out his tongue at Sehun.

Rolling my eyes, I followed them and Sehun went after me.

Not even a few minutes passed and I was greeted with white fluffy drops of snow. He sure works fast.

The campers all rushed out and began playing once the whole camp was covered in a white blanket. Snowmen, snow angels, you could practically see them everywhere.

Beside me, Xiumin shivered.

"Come on, let's get you back inside," I pushed him back in the cabin.

His lips were pulled back into a pout. "But I'm going to miss out on all the fun."

"You're injured, and not to mention your sensitivity to the cold, so no."

"Bu-"

I gave him a glare to shut him up; it seemed to do the trick. It's kind of ironic, isn't it? A son of the god of winter can't even stay out in the cold. You'd have to wrap him up with a lot of sweaters and jackets and coats before he could step outside in that snow and that would result in a lot of teasing, courtesy of Chen.

"Stay here. I'm going to go back in my cabin so rest."

But that was stupid of me to do so. Because as soon as I stepped out of the cabin, I got pelted in the face by a snowball. Luckily, the snow cushioned my fall.

Oh, he's definitely going to pay, whoever did that.

I looked up to see Luhan smirking. "Whoops, wrong victim."

He tried to run away, but Jiae took revenge for me and threw a snowball at his pretty face. She then ran up to me and helped me up.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"No problem, Barbie deserved it. Where's Xiumin?"

"Inside. He slipped on a puddle and knocked himself out. That's why the snow day was a bit late."

She scoffed and snickered. "Typical. Are you going to join the raid on the Hermes cabin?"

"I think I'll pass."

"But you know, how can you stand outside right now? You're not even wearing a jacket!"

I glanced at my outfit, a long-sleeved shirt and jeans with red sneakers, it seemed enough. "I'll go get one later."

"Okay then, see ya."

She bounded off to look for more people to pelt snowballs with. I just made sure that I won't get hit by another one. But to be honest, it's more exhausting than you think. Our camp looks like a warzone now. It's only a matter of time before I see blood.


 

author's note 

This is before the prophecy even started so you won't be seeing the others for a while...haha really sorry for not updating much. Though we haven't even finished introducing the girls or even starting the story. :(

A dramatic Chen is dramatic, hahaha....why am I even laughing right now...I don't deserve to. I have stupid ideas and I don't even know what happened in this chapter. It's a word vomit, but I tried my best. I don't even know how to end this.

Anyway, Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU