Byuljin and Varidi? Heck No!

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

 

byuljin and varidi? heck no!

 

“You guys should bloom properly, okay? I don’t want you guys to wilt,” I comforted the sunflowers, caressing them lightly. I usually do this when we have breaks in school. Nobody bothers me in the garden, because they say it’s boring.


 

What’s boring about plants and flowers?!

 

Okay, to normal kids, it is, but I love nature. I love the smell of the ground, the softness of the petals on my fingertips, the sound of trees swaying because of the wind, etc..

 

It’s just so peaceful and simple, it can make anyone smile.

 

I patted the sunflower happily and stood up, brushing my skirt. I turned around and started to head back inside the school building because it was already second period. Science.

 

“Excuse me! Pardon me,” I said hurriedly as I weaved through a bunch of students to get my books. I reached my locker in a jiffy, finding Varidi there. He was tall, around five foot nine, has curly brown hair that was swept to one side, curly fringes, blue eyes and cheeks that were dotted with freckles.

 

Oh, did I forget to mention? He was a transferee from Spain. He’s Spanish-Korean.

 

“Buenos dias senorita!” Varidi greeted as I giggled, opening my locker and taking out my Science book. He just said good morning to me, for your information.

 

“Good morning to you too, Varidi. Aren’t you late for Math? You know Ms. Kim hates late students,” I warned, cradling my book as I slammed my locker closed, Varidi shrugging nonchalantly.

 

“Yeah, but with my looks and charm, I bet she’ll turn a blind eye at my tardiness,” he responded cockily, giving me a winning smile. I shook my head and pushed him forward.

 

“You need to get to class Va, I’ll see you later alright?” I waved my hand in farewell, turning my back to him as I walked to my class.

 

“Alright! Be careful! You might not know what’ll bite you!” Varidi called back as I shook my head, slightly laughing. What will bite me? That’s ridiculous.

 

He should lay off those Twilight books.

 

I entered my classroom, taking a seat near the window, since mot of the potted plants were there.

 

“Good morning guys! Are you still healthy?” I asked the flowers, grinning as I touched one of them.

 

Just then, a group of girls passed me, ‘accidentally’ kicking my chair.

 

“Freaking weirdo,” one of the girls hissed as I swallowed slowly, casting my eyes down to my shaking hands.

 

Ever since I started taking an interest in plants, they started calling me a weirdo, a freak.

 

Whenever I help the gardener who tended the school’s garden, one of the girls would post online that I was sleeping with the gardener just so I could be in the garden and earn extra money.

 

Yeah, that was cruel, but that’s life.

 

I sighed and looked up at Ms. Park who just entered, my Science teacher. It was my favorite subject because plants were involved.

 

I listened attentively, taking notes studiously. Just then, Ms. Park snapped.

 

“Ms. Hwang, if you can’t control your giggling, you might as well step out of my classroom! Unless, you know the answer to my question?” Ms. Park inquired sharply, Tiffany Hwang (my classmate) stood up, shivering. But I noticed something else.

 

There was a glint in her eyes.

 

“Is the answer ‘I don’t give a fu-“

 

“The answer to your question is, the largest flower in the world is the Rafflesia arnoldii, found in Indonesia,” I blurted out, standing up. Ms. Park raised an eyebrow at me and turned to Tiffany who was red in the face.

 

“At least Ms. Song did her homework. Out!” Ms. Park pointed at the door, glaring at Tiffany. Tiffany looked at me and surprisingly smiled as I blinked in confusion.

 

Why the heck is she smiling when she was sent out?!

 

“Okay, Ms. Song, please give this note to the principal’s office. Now.” I nodded and stood up, going over to Ms. Park and accepting the note. I opened the door and stepped out, closing it quietly. I turned around and almost had a heart attack.

 

Tiffany Hwang was just inches from my face. But that’s not all.

 

Her eyes were red.

 

“Ti-Tiffany? Are you alright?” I whispered in fear, my whole body shaking. I’ve never felt this scared before, as if I was doused in blocks of ice. She grinned, showing her perfectly white teeth…and fangs.

 

“The name Tiffany does suit me. But that is not what I was called thousands of years ago. And because of my mistress, my mother, because of her magic, she had brought me back to life. Isn’t it a pity that in five days time, your world will crumble?”
 

My heard started spinning at what she said, my stomach in knots. Thousands of years ago? The Magic Mistress?

 

Excuse me, but I prefer Thomas and Friends than Mary the Magic Mistress.

 

“We’re not allowed to kill girls, but I want to make an exception with you. Especially because of what you did to me awhile ago, you upstart daughter of Demeter,” Tiffany growled, her eyes widening.

 

I looked down and almost fainted on the spot.

 

There was a horses’ leg and a bronze leg.

 

“Your part horse and one fourth metal?!” I exclaimed in fright, my voice going an octave higher. Tiffany rolled her blood red eyes and pinned me to the wall, hissing.

 

“It’s a donkey leg, you idiot! Don’t stare! It’s impolite to stare! Now, let’s see how good you are in hairstyling,” Tiffany lowered her head, her hair in flames. I screamed loudly, kicking her in the stomach.

 

Her leg might be made of metal, but her stomach is still vulnerable.

 

She stumbled a bit as I half-crouched, clutching the note Ms. Park gave me.

 

“All I wanted was to get this piece of paper to the principal! WHY MUST A SHE DEMON COME FOR ME?!” I whined to no one in particular, cursing myself mentally bajillion times.

 

“BYULJIN!” A voice called out as I breathed in a sigh of relief. Tiffany turned around as I bolted towards Varidi, standing beside him. Tiffany cackled, holding her stomach.

 

“You two would make a great couple. NOT!” With blinding speed, Tiffany shoved me to the lockers, my back hitting the metal as I groaned in pain. Tiffany circled Varidi, grinning from time to time.

 

“Human men can never resist the charm of an empousa. Come to me Varidi, let me taste your delicious blood,” Tiffany whispered audibly as my heart skipped a beat, my eyes widening as I scrambled to stand up.

 

Varidi shivered, his eyes closed.

 

“VARIDI! NO! DON’T’ CLOSE YOUR EYES!” I tried to warn, but it was too late. His eyes were closed.

 

“Why daughter of Demeter? Your mom is the goddess of harvest, and I always see you with plants. You could save your poor friend here…as if.” Tiffany laughed mockingly, baring her fangs and leaning over Varidi.

 

“Hmmm, horse perfume,” I heard Varidi mutter before I closed my eyes in concentration.

 

If I was really a demigod, if I was really the daughter of Demeter, I can do this.

 

To Demeter, or whoever’s my mom, help me save my friend. That’s the least you can do.

 

Just then, I can feel my arms heating up as cracks on the floor started to appear. Vines started sprouting out one by one. I examined my hands. I pushed my palms upward, and the vines complied. It burst out from under the cement, distracting Tiffany from Varidi.

 

“Never – seduce – my – friend – again!” I yelled as I pushed my palms towards Tiffany, the vines wrapping itself around her. I clenched my hands together, and it squeezed Tiffany harder.

 

The last thing I saw was Tiffany’s vengeful red eyes before she turned into dust. I panted, my hands limp on my side. The vines slithered back down the ground, but the damage was done, and it’s going to be blamed on me.

 

Great, just great.

 

“That was some awesome plant moves! Anyway, people will have heard the fight here, so its best we run,” Varidi said hurriedly as he grabbed my hand, hauling me to the front doors.

 

“Varidi, where are we going?” I asked tiredly, my eyes drooping. I was drained.

 

“To Camp Olympus, Byuljin. Hang on.” 


 

author's note 

Here ya go HunHan13 :)

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU