Prophecies and Alphabets

( ↷ camp olympus )

 

 

prophecies and alphabets

 

“Okay, why do we need to be part of saving the world by finding the giant fork again?” Chanyeol asked, clueless. I chuckled at his naïve behavior. That Chanyeol never fails to summarize everything.


 

I saw Baekhyun roll his eyes and wink at the new campers that were in one corner, huddled together. I shuddered, hoping that they think Baekhyun wasn’t too greasy.

 

But then again, Baekhyun wasn’t Baekhyun if he wasn’t greasy as bacon.

 

For the millionth time, It’s a trident!” Kris scolded quite harshly, making Chanyeol jump. I saw him scoot near Baekhyun as Tao put a reassuring hand on Kris’ shoulder. That guy needed some anger management issues. Fast.

 

“Thank you…?” Wookyung trailed off, obviously not knowing Kris’ name. Kris was about to respond when Chen butted in.

 

“Choi Bob. That’s his name!” Chen said loudly, as if he announced the greatest prophecy of all time. I turned around and tried to cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing as Sehun fell over from laughing too much.

 

“Okay, thank you Choi Bob.” Wookyung smiled like he was saying I think Choi Bob’s a cool name! For a delusional demigod!

 

Kris started to breathe like a bull ready to charge as Chen smiled mischievously.

 

In other words, Chen was toast. Literally.

 

“Can we get back to topic here?” Raeli asked exasperatedly, looking at each and every one of us in a tiring way. I nodded and slammed my hands down on the Table Tennis table.

 

“Raeli’s right. Wookyung said that in his dreams, we have to find a trident. Not just any trident.”

 

“Yeah, we have to find Zeus’ trident,” Sehun piped up, everyone glancing at him. His eyes widened in alarm, as if he was caught red-handed.

 

“It’s Poseidon’s trident, Sehunnie. Not Zeus,” Luhan comforted, patting his back. Sehun sniffled and leaned on Luhan for support. I blew the bangs off my face.

 

I think we shouldn’t have given Sehun a hard time.

 

I mean, he’s the youngest, but come on, you can’t confuse Hades with Aphrodite.

 

That’s just…no.

 

“So you’re saying that Wookyung’s dream is real? What if it’s not?” Kai complained, glaring at Wookyung slightly. I looked at Wookyung for an answer. Wookyung was about to say something, when Chanyeol interrupted.

 

“So, my dream about getting an Aphrodite girlfriend is not true?!” he exclaimed, his expression as if there was a fire. I chuckled as Baekhyun stared pointedly at his best friend.

 

“No sweetie, it’s not true, and it will probably never be,” Baekhyun cooed in a motherly tone, patting Chanyeol’s hair who tried to dodge.

 

“It’s true. Demigod dreams are always somewhat real, right? I had that dream just before I left Camp Jupiter. They wanted me to come with them and destroy Camp Half-Blood, but I knew my responsibility lay elsewhere. I followed Jupiter’s orders, and I ended up here,”

 

“And I had the same dream. I knew I had to work together with Woo if we need to warn this camp,” Raeli spoke up in a grave voice, as if there was something bad that she was finding. I narrowed my eyes and analyzed her. She hid something.

 

And I’m going to find that out. But, more pressing matters first.

 

“Then how’d you get the other recruits?” I asked Wookyung in an assertive tone. He glanced at Raeli helplessly.

 

“We found them when we were on our journey on our way here. We decided to bring them along. Any objections?” Raeli asked lightly, but there was defiance in her voice. I can hear it, and I doubted the others heard it too.

 

“I just wanted to know how they got here. You know their parents?” I asked Wookyung this time who looked surprised a bit.

 

“Yes. They have different parents. Hecate, Aphrodite, Ares, Hades, Apollo, Demeter, Hebe and Athena.”

 

My eyes bulged at the last part.

 

“Who’s the Athena kid?” I blurted out. Wookyung pointed at a serious looking boy. He had a face of a prince, and I knew he looked younger than he looked.

 

“He’s fifteen. Found him in the woods, fighting large eagles,” Raeli explained as the boy nodded his head at me. There was something familiar about his face. I knew I’ve seen him somewhere.

 

I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

 

“Okay, let’s go back again. You said you dreamt of a trident, and that it was stolen. How and who told you?” Suho questioned Wookyung who cleared his throat, passing the chips to Lay who had been eyeing them. Chanyeol cursed, almost setting the table on fire.

 

“A voice told me that the trident was missing. The voice showed me a scene where Neptune was sitting down, but the place where his trident should be was bare. The trident was missing, and he doesn’t know it. The voice was my father’s, Jupiter’s. He told me to find it, and he showed me some kind of temple, but after that I woke up.”

 

“,” Kyungsoo commented, smirking. I glowered at him slightly, but paid attention to the pale Wookyung.

 

“There was a prophecy to that, that I also heard in my dream. It went like this: The demigods must face an unknown fear, twenty four would be separated, the demigods apart, forced to kill,

 

I suddenly straightened my back, my eyes widening.

 

Eleven daughters of gods goddesses and one of eve, shall try to retrieve, the symbol of the god, because of the trick,

 

I saw Raeli look at me in alarm.

 

The trick that wanted to end in death, but the goddess doesn’t have to fret. The twenty four has to face magia for them to prevail, or the world will either fall or have success set sail.

 

Everyone was silent as Wookyung, I and Raeli recited the prophecy. The only occasional sounds were Sehun light snores on Luhan’s shoulder.

 

“Well that was a happy prophecy,” Chanyeol said suddenly, Baekhyun elbowing him hard in the ribs.

 

“That was the prophecy I wanted to tell you guys about. I don’t understand most of it, but I know that a prophecy isn’t a good one if there’s death in it,” I backed up Chanyeol, looking at everyone with a serious expression.

 

On the inside? I wanted to scream. I have a feeling that the prophecy was too literal.

 

“A trick that wanted to end in death? So someone wants us dead?!” Chen exclaimed in fear, making everyone jump.

 

“As always,” Kris grumbled, rolling his eyes.

 

“But there’s one thing that’s clear: There has to be a quest. I and Raeli aren’t in the quest, because Jupiter told me specifically I wasn’t part of it, and Raeli too,” Wookyung added, slightly disappointed.

 

“Is there a deadline?” Lay asked Raeli.

 

“Yes. Jupiter told us that by the end of February, we should retrieve the trident, or we’re-“ Raeli ran her thumb across . Lay gulped and stood closer to Chen.

 

“Today’s February 23. So, we have a total of five days, not including today. Great,” Baekhyun whimpered. I was about to say something, when-

 

“GOOD AND BAD NEWS!”

 

“SHUT UP!” Kris roared, shooting another arrow at Xiumin who dodged expertly. He popped up from under the table and smiled brightly.

 

“Aha! I learned how to dodge arrows, dragon! So don’t even try-“

 

“How about fists?! CAN YOU DODGE THOSE OR YOU WANT TO TEST IT OUT NOW?!” Kris shouted aggressively, Xiumin’s eyes widening.

 

“Let’s test it out later, alright? Right now, I have some not so good news on my hands,” Xiumin announced, looking at us.

 

“Then what is it?” Kai asked curiously, sitting on the table as Kyungsoo gave a disapproving look at where Kai’s was.

 

“Some kind of smallish dragon flew over our camp-“

 

“You forgot to put up the invisible barriers?! AGAIN?!” I scolded Kris who blushed and asked Tao something. Tao immediately froze Kris in time, a smirk on Kris’ lips.

 

“Why’d you do that?” Luhan asked curiously.

 

“Cause, when Jiae scolds him some more, he won’t respond, because he can’t.” Tao smiled triumphantly as I rolled my eyes.

 

“Anyways, the dragon blew the fire, and it made a symbol. It was the last letter of the Greek alphabet, Ω. The dragon escaped quickly.”

 

“Good news?” Wookyung asked. Xiumin instantly winked happily.

 

“We have received news from satyrs, finding other demigods. A satyr named J-“

 

“Ssh! They might know!” Chanyeol berated, glancing at the readers. I smiled at his wise move.

 

“They might know! It’s too early to tell!” Chanyeol continued, glancing unnervingly at the readers who were excited.

 

Xiumin shrugged and smiled.

 

“Come on, I’ll lead you to the burned symbol.”

 

We all followed Xiumin out to the clearing, where campers were already milling around, whispering and commenting about the symbol. Once I got to it, there it was. The symbol of the last letter on the Greek alphabet.

 

“This is not good,” I heard Sehun mutter.

 

“Tell me about it,” Luhan murmured in the same tone as Sehun.

 

So, we have to find the trident, return it to Poseidon before he notices its gone (or he'll make the most dangerous earthquake and flood yet) in around five days, and to top it all off, we have to face magia. 

 

We have to find those demigods. Fast. 

 

 


 

author's note 

I almost revealed the name of the satyr right? Just a way so I could tease you guys more, teehee~ :3 I hope you like this! And if anyone could apply for Human, it would be great! ^^

Click this link if you haven't yet! >> CLICKEU