Wedding

Drabbles & One Shots {SHINee}

 

TaeKey
 
A wedding on the beach, nothing too formal and no clothing with the colors coral pink and peach.
Taemin had thought the idea was a good one, the setting was romantic and beautiful and the colors tied everything in so well.
He was proud to be the best man at a wedding that seemed to have jumped straight out of a wedding catalog. Proud to be the best man of his best friend, of the man who had practically raised him when he was away from home and family.
He was so, so unbelievably proud to be the one to be standing beside him at the alter as he gave everything he had to the woman he loved more than life itself. It was an exhilirating feeling to be standing there when two people so deeply in love, had taken that next step in their relationship that showed just how much they really, truly loved each other.
The only problem had to be...Of course...That he wasn't quite the only...Best man. Or rather, it went unsaid that he was sharing his title with the man standing off to the side of the bride. Why in the world she had to choose a MAN to be her...Maid of Honor....Was beyond him. All he knew was that he had to walk down an isle with a man on his arm instead of a smokin' hot girl like the other two Groom's Men got too. He had to have this man sit on his lap for the wedding pictures and dance with him at the reception- instead of doing all of it with a woman. He was rather disappointed by this fact.
It really was the only thing that he would change if that wedding had been his.
But he couldn't change it, and Jonghyun had told him to it up for his girl- for his Wife. So she would be happy on their wedding day.
And who was he to take away a girls wedding day? It was a day that he figured should be magical, special, for every single woman who had ever wanted to have one.
So he found himself grinning, almost proudly, as he walked down that 'aisle' with a man he had barely had the chance to learn anything about other than his name- Kibum- and that he was shamelessly gay, on his arm. And the approving, proud, smile on Jonghyun's face was so worth the slightly awkward vibes blaring from the guests.
The awkwardness seemed to tenfold during the reception.
Everyone had loosened up a bit, an open bar tended to do that, and a dance floor had been provided. It went without saying that drinking and dancing kind of didn't go as well as it should have. A few of the...Older generations, had taken it upon themselves to get the party kickin' with some seriously oldschool moves. Taaemin had no problem joining the wedding party while they laughed and giggled and had a blast. But Kibum being the firecracker that he was, was found flushed and slightly disheveled by the time he was expected to dance with Taemin.
He smelt like peaches and vodka, his body warm and his hair mussed just right (unintentionally) and Taemin figured he could do one of two things: dance with him and enjoy it, or dance with him and force himself to be miserable.
So he had fun. They danced to classical music- until Kibum decided it soooo was not fun enough to just kind of awkwardly sway back and forth. Instead he had Taemin dancing to imaginary Beyonce music- or was it Ciara? Rihanaa? He wasn't sure, the only hints he got were hip shaking and krumping that even he, a straight man, had to admit was highly admirable for a drunk guy. Or just a guy in general really.
That gathered laughter. And points. But it was fun, and he was positive that looking back on it through the wedding DV they would surely have made, it would look like so much fun. Like everyone else would have been doing it too had the music not been...Well...Classical piano.
It was even funnier when Kibum accidently hipchecked the chick next to him when she almost caught the boquet- he dropped the thing like it was on fire the second he realized what he had just caught- and what it meant. It earned pokes and jabs at Taemin's ribs, jokes about marrying the single most naggy man on the planet and having to be stay at home Daddy when Kibum miraculously got pregnant. According to Jonghyun it wouldn't surprise him the least bit if Kibum, a man, had managed to conceive a child.
All Taemin could do was chuckle awkwardly because, uh yeah, he was straight thank you very much. Even though Kibum was attractive and had a cute personality.
When the Bride and Groom announced that the wedding party was invited to a night of bowling and chilling out, Kibum was all the over it. He dragged Taemin along, stopping only to grab his tux jacket and a glass of champagne, to Jonghyun and his bride and announced that he was bringing his date (he had winked and elbowed him in the ribs playfully) along.
Kibum, Taemin learned, was a very colorful, loud and obnoxious person. And he at bowling.
Royaly.
Somewhere along the night he had gotten fed up with getting gutters and actually dragged himself and his bowlingball down the lane on his stomach. He got a strike.
And everyone else got a nice, long laugh that had sides aching and lips stretched in huge smiles.
Kibum was definitely the life of the party, and proof had been given when he passed out- on Taemin's lap none the less- and was clonked out for the night. People slowly started leaving, saying they were tired or had to wake up early to get back home. Jonghyun had deemed Taemin the appropriate person to piggyback Kibum to his Hotel room.
Taemin didn't so much as complain once; Kibum was out like a light and really not all that heavy.
Okay so he had thought that way too soon. He'd carried Kibum up Seven flights of stairs and then had to hop around so he didn't lose balance while digging around for Kibum's room key.
 
~ * ~
 
A/N: So yeah this is loosely based off of my Cousins wedding reception and after party, and then my family friends sons wedding. Key, in this Universe, is like my absolute fav okay.