Predictable

Drabbles & One Shots {SHINee}

KeyRang ( Yirang Noona from Raising Idols )

 

No matter how many times he had , picked on her or purposfully shown up late to important events just to annoy her...He loved her. He liked getting a reaction from her, usually because he found them cute or charming, it showed that even after having to scold him so often she would never leave simply because he had the tendancy to have obnoxious quirks. She had the patience of a saint and the temper of a Scottish Mother, the face of an angel and a voice so soft he had to stop and really listen to catch what she was saying.

They were opposites but somehow managed to make it work. 
They made things between them work; around busy schedules and hard days at work, grouchy customers and disrespectful reporters, fights between group members and even the occasional fight between themselves. They never lasted too long however, either Kibum would finally kick his pride down a knotch and apologize or Yirang would take matters into her own hands and forcefully sit the two of them down for a serious talk about what and why they had been fighting in the first place.
Plus Kibum tended to be a cuddler at night and the days and nights they rarely had to themselves were, predictably, spent together. They didn't have time to waste on petty couple spats.
Couple spats.
Petty, couple spats.
One of those landed Kibum a slap in the face and boot out of his lovers apartment at Three o'clock in the morning. He had woken up to a phone call from his Manager with news of another comeback. Another comeback, in Yirang's mind, meant sleepless nights and over working a healthy body to the point of not only physical exhaustion- but mental exhaustion as well, for her boyfriend. She didn't particularly enjoy the times she would have to rub and press the knots of tension out of his back while he whined and groaned or the nights he was so exhausted that he would collapse onto the nearest soft surface and couldn't even answer a text. He needed to be healthy and happy and himself but when he had hardly enough time to breath- enough time to do anything that he liked or needed...He wasn't Kim Kibum, he was the snarky brutally honest Almighty Key.
She had told him so and of course his reaction was the usual.
"How can you say that you love me but you don't like Key? Key is a part of me- Key is a part of my entire life! He is my career and my social connections and- and well, let's honest he is the only reason I have fans at this point because they obviously wouldn't go crazy over some painfully insecure kid from Daegu."
It had turned into an all-out battle of, "Your health is more important" vs. "My health is fine and you know it! This has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that you just don't want me to spend my time being away from you!"....It escilated to the point that words were said and things were brought out into the open, all of which could not be taken back so easily.
Hence why Kibum was standing outside of an apartment building in the middle of Seoul, in nothing but a pair of boxer breifs and a wife beater- in late autumn no less. A petty little lovers spat had quiclky turned into a screaming match complete with insults and false accusations- most of which being on the account of cheating. It was cold and he could see his breathe but he was not going to go back to her. He refused to actually go back and beg for forgiveness from a woman that had called him an immature spoilt little brat- and then slapped him across the face. Nope. No way would he stoop that low.
He wouldn't miss a pair of jeans and shoes...and socks....and his cell phone....and his ipod...and his shirt.....and his favorite hoodie (which was actually stolen from Jinki without him knowing)...
Damn it.
Okay so he would have to go back but it would be for reasons unrelated to Yirang and her stupidly overbaring Motherliness. Yes. He could go back without damaging his pride.
 
~ * ~
 
"Look I said I'm sorry, okay?! YAH- YAH DON'T THROW THAT, IT WAS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN LIKE HALF OF YOUR ENTIRE WARDROBE!"
Yirang's neighbor, an elderly woman with children of her own fully raised and living their lives, was standing on her balcony watering her potted plants when she had taken to watching her crazy neighbor chuck clothing from her own balcony, down to the ground where a (very attractive) half gentleman was frantically trying to save every piece of clothing from puddles and mud. It was more entertaining than a few of the dramas she had gotten hooked on.
"KIM KIBUM YOU ARE AN OBNOXIOUS LITTLE FIVE YEAR OLD WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO GIVE UP. JUST GO HOME AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"
With a sympathetic nod, the woman counted down from 3 and mouthed the words, 'We are so over' as Kibum shouted them with a red face and clenched fists. She knew the entire outcome of whatever had happened between them. Afterall she had witnessed plenty of their little fights/break ups, enough to be able to nareight them apparently.
"You know what, Kibum? Fine. FINE! I HATE YOU!"
'SLAM!'
There was silence from the entire building as Kibum grumbled under his breath, collecting a stray sock from a bush just under Yirang's bathroom window- it was presumably the one he had left in there from the shower they had taken...He sighed heavily, not bothering to put any of his now wet clothes back on as he left.
The elderly woman shook her head fondly, eyes rolling in good nature.
"Oh the woes of young love."
Not five seconds after she had made her way back into her apartment, there was a bang followed by the sound of bare feet thundering down a staircase.
Oh. This one seems a bit different from the rest.
Without a second of hesitance she returned to her balcany and watched the apartment buildings entrance intently. It took a few minutes for the door to open and a young woman in (a pair of very warm looking) pajamas came bolting out, almost slamming into the gate before it had the chance to open wide enough for her to slip through and into the pair of arms already waiting for her.
She smiled, not having an ounce of shame as she watched the couple kiss and embrace and share teary apologies. It was so much better than dramas. 
However she couldn't say the same thing later that night when she was forced to slam the handle of her kitchen broom against the bathroom wall and scream for at least a little bit of peace and quiet- it didn't matter that they were making up or making love or making anything for that matter. She needed sleep! Sleep came before her neighbors love, alright.
 
~ * ~
 
.....So his pride had been dealt a bit of a blow. So what. It was worth it in the end, being able to sleep soundly with the person he loved (even if it was kind of half past noon by the time they had finally eaten, showered and then gone to sleep) instead of feeling guilt eat away at him while he tried and failed to ignore Jonghyun's insesant questions about what was going on...and sleep, until he couldn't take it anymore. It was definitely worth it. 
Plus the cuddling was good too.
 
 
A/N: So I was watching a cut of Key's appearance on Full House and saw a comment about how gay he looked even when he was with a woman and I felt the insane urge to write straight!Key because somehwere in the recesses of my mind Yirang and Kibum would be the cutest most bickery couple ever lol ( I also personally find him to be rather manly. I dont understand why people call him a diva and I dont see why they call him girly just because he likes pink and fashion.) He also shamelessly flirted throughout that entire show with her so yeah inspiration came quick and easy. (even though this was pretty short and didn't really have a formed plot lol) If you haven't seen Raising Idols then you need too because Chef!Key is the cutest thing ever c:
Anyway I hope you enjoyed!