Confessions of a Not-So Teenage Girl

Drabbles & One Shots {SHINee}

MinKey (or KeyHo If you look at it that way)

 
"Heeey, I waited at that movie theater for three hours. You never showed up."
"What? You didn't seriously wait that long did you?"
"I did, I waited for two-"
"You said three."
"I- Well I did. It's kind of hard to see your watch when you're crying."
"You shouldn't have, Jonghyun. You asked me to go and I said no. Again."
Kibum rolled his eyes as he took his seat, ignoring the whining male sitting a few rows behind him and the laughter from their classmates. He hadn't had his morning coffee and Jonghyun's usual morning routine of hitting on him (multiple times. With very poor pick up lines.) was already getting to him. And to make matters worse he had almost stumbled up and over the top of his desk. There a large glob of chewed gum stuck to the center of his desk, underneath his textbook- which was quite literally stuck to his desk.
Gross.
With a scowel Kibum yanked the book up and off of the desk, moving all of his stuff to the empty seat next to his own. Jonghyun had taken to sitting on the edge of his own desk (not so he could attempt to play footsy with Kibum. No sir.) and winced loudly when he saw the gum being visibly stretched from the desk surface and loudly (obnoxiously) offered to share his chair and desk. Kibum, being used to the ual inuendo's, declined his offer with a sharp glare and a scoff. He was far from being in the mood to deal with Jonghyun's stupid flirtaciousness. Then again when was he ever in the mood?
"Oppa leave him alone for once, would you?"
Jonghyun visibly deflated as he sank back down into his seat, eyes narrowed at the girl patting Kibum's head with a smile.
"Hey Cole. And yes, Jonghyun leave me alone I won't go out with you-"
Kibum almost stood up and clawed the older males eyes out when he jutted out his lower lip and enlarged his eyes, adding drawn up eyebrows for a cute extra. He had seen this look so many times he had lost count. It was a very well known weapon of choice for Jonghyun, didn't matter who he was in trouble with or what he wanted from them; it worked every time. Until it came to Kibum whom had no problem turning him down. Every. Single. Time.
"I'll go out with you Oppa ~"
By the time the three of them had turned around to face the person behind the offer, there were three pairs of enlarged eyes. Standing off to Jonghyun's side was anything but a female. It was a boy, very obviously what with his flat chest and double adamsapple. But Kibum felt his chest constrict at how...Pretty he was. Long, wavy brown hair that hung in his face a bit until he tossed his head and it fell (almost perfectly) into a side swept bang. His limbs  seemed a bit willowy, like they were a tad too long and skinny for his body and his eyes were big- Big and brown and double lidded and oh gosh was he pretty. 
"MINHO?!"
Kibum jerked his head back (when had he gotten so close to falling out of his chair?) and blinked when Jonghyun practically lunged out of his chair and began fawning over the slightly taller male that Kibum now knew as Minho. He watched Minho grimace and laugh and push against Jonghyun's shoulders as he attempted to reach up and ruffle his hair into a mess. It was kind of cute. Kind of really cute.
"Holy , holy Minho! What are you doing here? How long have you been here? When did you get back? Are you staying?! Are y-"
Nicole reached over and slapped a hand over the chattering boys mouth, an apologetic smile directed toward Minho- who was starting to look a bit overwhelmed- as she stuck out her other, free hand for a handshake.
"Hi. I'm Nicole, this is Kibum- wait have you guys met yet?"
Kibum could have sworn he had a heart attack when those large brown eyes shifted from Nicole over to him and looked him straight in the eyes. And instead of playing cool and just shaking his hand and declining...He spluttered out something uninteligable, blushed like a fool and once he realized Minho was grinning at him, he promptly turned around and slammed his forehead onto his desk. 
Damn it.
He could hear a deep chuckle and what sounded like a muffled snicker from Jonghyun.
And he had never wanted to just disappear more in his entire life, than he did in that moment.
 
~ * ~
 
As days passed and Kibum got used to the fact that Minho was in his homeroom and English class, he was able to just accept the fact that Minho tended to do things that turned him into a bumbling idiot.
Take for instance the time he had been pressured (by Jonghyun) to do aegyo in return for his 'stolen' pencil case. He had blushed, curled his fists next to his cheeks and tweeked them- while saying "Bbuing bbuing ~" in one of the single most adorable voices Kibum had ever heard. At first he really hadn't known how to react. Minho was quiet during class, seemed to be the laid back subdued type. Never, not in a million years, would Kibum have taken him for the cutesy Hyung pleaser that he was. Jonghyun had always focused all of his attention (and skinship attempts) on Kibum but with Minho sitting just beside him it was like a skinshipping giggle fest all day every day. Yet another thing Kibum was trying (and failing) to get used too.
And apparently the teacher was having the same problem, especially when she had caught the two of them (more like Jonghyun holding a onesided conversation while Minho doodled on his notes and tried to pay attention) talking about what genre of they perfered during her lesson. The entire class had burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter when Jonghyun happily announced that he didn't mind girl on girl- "Kim, Choi, if something is more important than my lesson then you can share it with us."- Minho's entire neck, face and ears had gone beet red while Jonghyun merely reclined in his seat with a shameless grin and a shrug. Kibum actually felt secondhand embarrassment for Minho when he buried his face into his hands.
And that was why he had finally gained enough courage to, instead of sitting down the table from him at lunch, sit beside him and pat his back with a sympathetic smile. To his surprise Minho looked up at him through thick, dark lashes and smiled right back- and Kibum was positive, at that moment, that he was starting to fall. Falling a little too fast, and a little too hard.
 
~ * ~
 
It didn't get out until two months later, at a party that one of their classmates had thrown over the weekend, complete with pounding bass and alcohol. Kibum could hold his own when it came to alcohol but apparently Nicole had no ing control over what left and when.
"You know, M-Minho, I know something you don't know yeeet."
Kibum had laughed, not suspecting for a single second that it was his secret. His crush. When Nicole opened and the words, "I know someone who likes you Minhoooo~" Kibum felt immediately sober. His blood ran cold, his palms went clammy and his heart pounded against his ribcage.
Don't you say it, Nicole. Don't you ing say it or I will kill you in your sleep with a meat cleaver. Don't. ing. Do. It.
"Really now?"
Nicole nodded, a sly grin on her lips as she slung an arm up and over Minho's shoulders.
"Yep! He's really nice. And hot too. You'd like him, I think."
Kibum was just about to literally drop his drink and slap Nicole (okay maybe not slap her but he was close to losing it) when Minho just smiled, rather shyly, and blushed.
"So...Do I know him?"
Did Minho have a crush on someone? Someone other than Kibum...? Another guy? Was it Jonghyun? Oh God it was, wasn't it.
Nicole nodded. Minho's shy smile turned into a full blown beam. And then he did something that had Kibum wanting to just lay down and die right in the middle of whoevers living room he was in. Minho spun on his heel and walked right over to Jonghyun- who was lounging on the couch trying to pick up some girl by the looks of it- and sat down. Kibum watched him lean in to whisper something into the older boys ear and then they were both grinning like idiots. And Kibum knew- he just knew that Nicole had just set his heart up to break. It was done and over with the second Kibum spotted Jonghyun turning down the girl (he never turned down a potential lover) so he could instead ruffle Minho's hair- so he could rub his back and look at him with eyes so full of affection that he could see it from across the room.
And he would be lying if he told anyone that it didn't hurt to see the guy he had been crushing on for two months happy with the guy he had been the center of everything for since they were at least five years old.
He didn't say anything to Nicole. He looked at her and instantly picked up on the expression on her face being one of pity- and that was it. He set down his drink and left, went home and cried for a bit until he was calm enough to shower and change into sweats and a tank and then he went to bed. He didn't necissarily sleep as much as he lay awake thinking and self pittying and hating Nicole even though it wasn't really her fault. He visualized how it would be to have been in Jonghyun's shoes; to have Minho whisper in his ear that, "Hyung...I like you too." to have been the one to smile so brightly that it hurt his cheeks, to have been the one to look at him with those eyes instead of having to be the one looking at him from across the room, looking at him like he had single handedly torn Kibum's heart right out of his chest.
He wanted to be Kim Jonghyun, the kid that drove him to insane levels of annoyance every single day. He wanted to be the kid that had pushed him in kindergarten because he was the prettiest girl in class- even though he was far from being a girl. He actually wanted to be the person who used to poke fun at him for going through his chubby stage, the one where his body hadn't quite caught up with his height and left him with pudgy cheeks and 'love handles' as Jonghyun oh so fondly had called his sides. He wanted to be a flirtacious all because he could apparently get anyone he wanted.
Anyone Kibum wanted.
The only person Kibum ing wanted.
 
~ * ~
 
The only problem with Jonghyun and Minho being together was having to deal with the looks they gave him on Monday when he turned up for class late. Jonghyun was looking at him with so much smug smeared into his expression that Kibum had to hold back his urge to shove it where the don't shine. And then there was Minho. Minho who would usually pat his shoulder and smile big, with cute little eye smiles and a, "Morning Hyung."....Was actually refusing to look at him. Instead he looked off to his side, scooting closer to Jonghyun.
Kibum just sat down and nodded as their teacher scolded him briefly for being late.
Nicole was nowhere to be seen.
 
~ * ~
 
Lunch that day was another story entirely.
Minho sat in his usual spot, across from Kibum, with his tray of food and a milk. Kibum, out of pure habit, glanced up and waved his chopsticks at him with a muffled, "Hey." through his mouthful of vegetables. Minho didn't answer right away. Kibum wasn't too surprised seeing as Jonghyun had sauntered over and plopped himself down next to Minho and stolen one of his apple slices with his fingers. He had a huge grin on his face, like he knew something nobody else did- and he was just dying to tell someone.
"So Minho."
Minho, who had been busy trying to slap Jonghyun's hands away from his food, looked up at him completely annoyed. But he stopped and his eyebrows shot up when Jonghyun's head cocked in Kibum's direction.
And Kibum almost spit out his own food because oh God was Jonghyun wiggling his eyebrows like a ert? He was. And he was doing so very obviously.
"Hyung- Hyung stop it."
"What, you haven't told him yet?"
Kibum felt his stomach churn, knowing exactly what it was that Minho hadn't told him.
"Maybe..."
Kibum looked down at his tray, poking at a squished piece of carrot (ew) and tried to ignore Jonghyun trying to get his attention.
"Kibum."
He didn't look up.
"Kibummiiiie~"
He refused to listen to Jonghyun telling him he was in a relationship with Minho. Absolutely refused. He could call him or text him when he was at home so he could at least cry without having to be embarrassed and ashamed.
"KIBUM."
No, damn it. Don't you understand I don't want too talk to you?
"Kibum, are you ignoring me?"
Something in Jonghyun's voice had Kibum looking up and he was quickly regretting it. He looked hurt, confused like he didn't know what he had done wrong but he knew he'd done whatever it was to get him upset. Kibum could deny him all he wanted, but when he looked like that- genuinely- it did something to him.
"No, I'm not. What do you want?"
It came out quite a bit harsher than he had intended but Jonghyun accepted it as his expression took a 180 degree turn, complete with squared shoulders and a proudly help high nose.
"Minho likes you too, he was just too much of a teenage girl too actually tell you."
Kibum felt something lodge into his nose as he coughed, punding a fist into his chest as his eyes watered.
Minho, by the time Kibum had dislodged what looked like a piece of baby corn from his nasal passages, looked about ready to stab himself with his chopsticks while Jonghyun happily sat by his side with a fond grin on his face.
"Minho likes me? But I thought he was like...with you!"
That statement earner him not one, but two dumbfounded looks. Minho had stopped nervously picking at his food, looking up at Kibum like he had sprouted an extra head. 
"N-No! Oh, oh ew. EW. NO."
Jonghyun looked mildly offended before he shrugged off Minho's reaction and grabbed Kibum by the shoulders- across the table mind you- and began whispering.
"Minho likes you, so stop being stupid and ask him out already. I know you like him."
To top off his little (blunt) speech he added an eyebrow wiggle and a slap to Kibum's when he stood up in a flustered mess of exuses for having to use the bathroom.
 
~ * ~
 
It took five seconds for Kibum to confess.
In his mind that is.
Actually asking Minho to be his boyfriend, out loud and face to face, was proving to be extremely nerve wracking. The rest of the day had passed with Minho stealing nervous glances at him during class but never actually confronting him about Jonghyun's spilling of his...Confession of sorts. But when Jonghyun had dragged Kibum out to the school yard and forced him and Minho to talk things out? 
Yeah.
He wasn't too happy.
"So um...You know I like you and everything...And I was just wondering if you l-"
Oh , no. Kibum was going to be the one to step up and ask Minho. He had to be! He had even gone to the bathroom and practised what to say.
"WILLYOUGOOUTWITHME?!"
As if time had stopped they stood frozen, twin expressions of mild shock on their faces.
Until a loud, familiar guffaw sounded from somewhere behind Kibum. Then Minho turned beet red and Kibum wasn't too far off from turning an unhealthy shade of crimson.
What the heck happened to a calm, cool and collected confession followed by an offered date?
Apparently Minho happened.
"Um, yeah. Yeah. I-...Yes."
 
~ * ~
 
"Smooth."
"Shut the up. Do I see you with a boyfriend? Nope."
Jonghyun scoweled and straddled his chair, no doubt making obnoxious faces behind Kibum's back as he sat his stuff down on his desk.
"At least I don't ask-"
"Give him a break Hyung."
Kibum may not have been facing them but he knew it was Minho (his boyfriend) ...(his boyfriend) that had slapped Jonghyun on the back of his head with a loud laugh.
"Besides...I thought it was....Kinda cute."
Kibum turned around with a puffed chest and pursed lips, giving Jonghyun a smug look.
Things may not have gone the way he would have perfered but he would be lying if he said he would change any of it. He got Jonghyun off of his back, he got Minho and Nicole was dealt her punishment; no skinship between himself and Minho in front of her. Who would have thought she would be one of those girls who flipped when they saw two guys holding hands or being....In a relationship. Either way her punishment was one worthy of her slip up.
Without hesitating Kibum took Minho's seat before he had even finished setting his things down and patted the desk in front of him- with an innocent flutter of his eyelashes.
"Ew. That's creepy. Don't do that Kibum."
Kibum stuck his tongue out at Jonghyun as Minho hesitantly sat himself in front of Kibum, not knowing what to do with his legs or arms until Kibum had turned back to face him with a smile- and when he found himself practically straddling him? Yeah he felt like his skin was going to melt into the classrooms carpeted floor.
"Man this is weird. I used to have like the most ridiculous man crush on you and now I'm sitting here watching you make out with my best friend. Why am I sitting here watching you make out with him. Why am I enjoying-"
When a pencil case was chucked at his head, Jonghyun shut up.
But it didn't stop him from watching.
Nope.
 
A/N: Oh gosh what was that? hahaha the pick up line from the beginning was from Here Comes The Boom and I laughed so hard I cried when that went down ok. I cried. this chapters picture is one of my favorites, Minho was pretty as all hell back in the RDD era. This picture is my FAVORITE. I also miss his shy little baby days :c I need to write more of shy!Minho.
But anyway this is a quick one because my Dad is supposed to be coming over today and I don't wanna be all antisocial while hes here for the weekend. even if i dont like him that much. lol im such a sweetheart arent i :3