Sequel Part 5

||| Message |||

|EXO-K Dorm|

It took Baekhyun almost an hour to buy his bubble teas. Just enough time for Strong Heart broadcast to finish before he reached home. Stepping into the dorm, all eyes on Baek except for Kai who is still sleeping his way.

Sehun: Hyung, 1 hour for 5 bubble teas??

Baekhyun: (breaks a smile) The queue was long.

Sehun: Long queue at this hour? You're a bad liar, hyung.

Baekhyun: (grin) Shut up and drink it! (gently tossed Sehun's share to him)


Suho: Erm Baekhyun, there is something..... (scratching his head cause he's unsure how he should put it)

D.O: There is something you must watch. (complete Joon Myun's sentence with a straight face)

Baekhyun: Watch what??

D.O: (turn his head to Chanyeol)

Chanyeol: Strong Heart. You should really watch it.

It's rare to see Chanyeol's serious face. Even Baekhyun seldom see that serious look on Chan`s face. He is surprised that s insist him to watch TTS's episode. Though he never made it clear, neither does he talk openly about it, the members have the concensus that he avoids watching her on TV.

Baekhyun: (smile) It's okay, I can give that a miss. (casually walk away into his room)

Chanyeol: (followed Baek) No wait! You should watch it or else you will regret!!


"Regret?"

Baekhyun stopped his feet. The word "regret" bolded in his mind. The ever most regretful thing he has done in his 25 years of life was being a coward which obstructed himself from confessing his love. Result? He lost her forever. What can be more regretful than that?

Chanyeol stepped forward and took Baekhyun's ipad. He navigates it to the streaming of latest Strong Heart episode before passing it back to Baek.

"Hyung, watch it and you'll know what I mean."

Chanyeol leaves the room leaving Baek alone with the video.

 

| Baek's Room |

Hesitantly, Baekhyun sit down on his bed and peep at the already playing video. He picked up his ear piece, took a deep breath and plug them into his ears.

MC1: Taeyeon-shi!

Taeyeon: Deh.

MC2: Who is that you had a crush on?

Taeyeon: A few years back, there was this hoobae who I didn't think very highly of at the beginning. But when I watched their performance for the first time, I was shocked. He was really impressive. But there wasn't any feelings back then. I just look at him as an impressive rookie. But later I grew to know him more. I find him, maybe because of age, he's like a kid. He's very much like a kid. And I never like guys who are childish. But he is likeable enough to be friends. We became friends. He is very nice and sweet, and we got along really well. But that time, I just looked at him as a dongsaeng. Until we got closer, I found he is actually very mature and sensible for his age. Then I realized he is a man afterall. So my perception of him changed totally and I started to look at him as a man. But things changed. I don't why but I started to keep myself away from him. I stopped talking to him like the way I usually do. Somehow, things between us changed. I told myself keeping a distance away from him is the best for both of us.

We still talk. But we became really awkward. Seems like he sensed I'm staying away from him, so he started keeping a distance away from me too.Things stayed that way for a long time. Our schedule were really hectic so we didn't have much chances to meet. Even when we meet, it became very formal. We just bow and say hi. Finally, there was this huge event that year which both our groups attended. I was telling myself I should be nice and friendly to him this time when we meet. So at least we can resume back to where we were.

But It was during that event that I found out he is already with another girl.... 

The ipad fell from his lap.

He frozed.

Everything she said sounded familiar.

Images came rushing through his mind. His first performance as a rookie. The little moments they had together. The secret small talk they had in EXO-K's dorm. The laughs and jokes they shared. The food and snacks she offered in the middle of the night. Then it came the period when she started keeping a distance from him. Bringing with it were those times when he lost sleep because she ignored him in public. The point when he decided to do the same and stay away from her. Then it came the rumors about her dating Infinite's Hoya which strikes him hard and almost bring down his life. Following that, another girl appeared and came into his life.

All of that matches with what she said......


| Flashback to 2013 |

It was the annual MBC KPOP IDOL OLYMPICS. Baekhyun had a great time playing around with s and his new friends from other groups. There was one girl who he interacted a lot with, Yura from Girl's Day. She is cute, pretty and fun. What surprised Baekhyun was, she told him at their first meeting that she's an exo fan and she especially admires Baekhyun's voice. Baekhyun was flattered as Yura was the first celebrity who confessed to him. That meant alot to Baekhyun and he really appreciated that. Both of them became friends and stay in contact.

It was then the dating rumors of Taeyeon and Hoya that goes around the entire nation. "The vocalist and rapper from one of the most popular boy group won the heart of the leader and main vocalist of the national girl group." News like this travelled around the Kpop industry for almost the entire year of 2013. Baekhyun was heartbroken. Not just because there was almost zero interaction between himself and her, but also the belief of her dating Hoya sunbae. 

Baekhyun's best friend Chanyeol tried his best to cheer up his friend. To make sure his best pal got that dorky self back, Chanyeol started staging meetings with girls that he knows. Apink, Nine Muses, Girl's Day and many others. That's how Baekhyun and Yura met again. Knowing Yura fancies Baekhyun, Chanyeol worked hard to bring them together. He kept encouraging Baekhyun to move on and forget about his unrequited love. And finally Baekhyun obliged, thinking that the best way to move on is to start a new relationship. Besides, he needs love experiences to better express his emotions in his singing. And so, that's how Baekhyun and Yura started.

However, their relationship didn't last long. Partly because both of them were the rising star then, and they need to date secretly. They also seldom get to see each other since they are not in the same company. But most importantly, Baekhyun had second thoughts on their relationship. He thought he would move on better with Yura but he was wrong. Their relationship gradually became a burden as he needs to try very hard to make himself love Yura. Eventually, Baekhyun took initiative to end the 2-months relationship so he can focus on his singing career.

It was then the MBC Gayo Daejun 2013. One-month after Baekhyun's breakup with Yura. They met at the backstage. Yura confessed to Baekhyun that she still has problem getting over him and wanted to make up with him. Seeing Yura cry, Baekhyun felt bad for hurting her. It was also the first time a girl cried over himself. Baekhyun was touched but his stand remained firm. Embracing the teary girl into his hug, Baekhyun gave a kiss on her forehead for the one last time....
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to drop a comment and tell me what you think! Comments help to bring in ideas and speed!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~