Sequel Part 16

||| Message |||

 

For this year, MBC did things differently for their Gayo Daejun. Besides having performances from every individual group, they have added spices to the collaboration stages. A poll was carried out for the public to vote for their favourite collaborations. Categories include: - 

the most favourite vocal collab (males)

the most favourite vocal collab (females)

the most favourite vocal collab (mixed)

the most favourite group collab 01

the most favourite group collab 02

and so on....


And winning the poll for the most favourite vocal collab (males)...... are the vocalists from two of the currently most popular boy group/band EXO-K (Baekhyun) and CNBlue (Yong Hwa). The collaboration will be a special stage where Baekhyun and CNBlue have to perform 2 songs together.


Very soon, Baekhyun received the invitation for the collaboration.

"Of all groups, why them..."

He thought to himself.


The day came when he make his way to the studio where he is supposed to meet the CNBlue sunbaes.

"Annyeong Haseyo, Baekhyun-shi..."

The first person who welcomed him is the leader/vocalist, Jung Yong Hwa.

Baekhyun greets and bow politely to him with a smile.

Used to be a huge fan of CNBlue when he was in high school, Baekhyun has always hope to become a man like his bias, Yong Hwa. Tall, handsome, talented in singing and song writing.... It was until that incident happened that he decided to stop following this successful boy band. 


He had a short chat with the leader, bringing back the old days when he used to perform their songs in high school.

Soon, it came other members of the group.

Minhyuk, Jungshin and Jonghyun..... the smile on Baekhyun's face fade away.

 

Yong Hwa: I think all of us have met before?

Jonghyun: (smile at Baek) Annyeong, it has been a long time.

Baekhyun: (nod briefly and look away)

Minhyuk: ... eh, you guys know each other very well?

Baekhyun: ....

Jonghyun: (smile) We just talked for once or twice.

Yong Hwa: Great! Then we can save the formality and let's just start (laughs)


All of them went straight into their rehearsals. 

After a few rounds, Baekhyun is impressed. He knew they are good. He heard them on stage umpteen times. But after being with them for the practice and preparation, he realised they are more than good. All four men are very professional and musically inclined in terms of singing, composing and of course in their respective musical instruments. Yong Hwa has great voice. Drummer Minhyuk is awesome. Brass guitarist JungShin is great. And Jonghyun... he is good too. At times, he felt so small in front of the four young men.
 

After several hours of practice, they called it a day.

The CNBlue members left, leaving Baekhyun alone in the practice room. He wanted to practice more to get his pitch right. Baekhyun used to have a band back in high school, but since he joined SM, he stopped having chances to sing with bands. So he do have weakness which he needs to improve. However, the more he tried, the harder it gets.

Baekhyun became impatient with himself. In fact for the past few months, he's bother by all sorts of scandals and rumors. His fans and S.M are putting a lot of stress on him. But Baek chose to ignore and tried hard to focus on his singing. But the more he forced himself, the more difficult it becomes.


A pair of footsteps distracted him.

Baekhyun turned around and found a person joining him in the studio.

Baekhyun: (immediately stood up and attempt to leave)

Jonghyun: You are leaving? But you haven't get it right yet. 

Baekhyun: .... 

Jonghyun: I heard you practicing from outside. Your pitch is still not perfect. 

Baekhyun: You don't have to worry. I will get it right before the performance.

Jonghyun: (smile) How? Singing with band is different from singing in a record studio. How can you perfect it when you do it alone?

Baekhyun: I will have my way...


Jonghyun: (pick up his guitar)

Baekhyun: What are you doing?

Jonghyun: Try it again together with my guitar, it will help.

Baekhyun: huh?

Jonghyun: (saw Baek hesitating) I know you don't like me. But let's be professional and do this together ok. I don't want whatever happened between us affect this performance. I know you can do better than that.

Baekhyun: (hesitated for a moment before he nod slightly and took his mic again)


And Baekhyun did it perfect this time. 

All thanks to Jonghyun's help...

Baekhyun: Erm, thanks.

Jonghyun: You don't have to. It's meant for the performance.

Baekhyun: But still, thank you.

Jonghyun: (smile) You have a beautiful voice.

Baekhyun: (surprised)

Jonghyun: The way you sing, it resembles Taeyeon a lot.

Baekhyun's face changed. 

He lifted his head and look at Jonghyun.

It has been a long time since someone mentioned that name to him.


Jonghyun: I know that's not surprising, since both of you are from the same agency (smile).

Baekhyun: (ignoring whatever comments Jong made) I'm making a move first.

Without waiting for Jonghyun's reply, he picked his bag and walked away.

Jonghyun: Wait!

Baekhyun: (stopped his feet)

Jonghyun: (threw a bottle of water to Baek) 

Baekhyun was stunned but still managed to catch it in time.

Jonghyun: Take that with you. It has a special remedy.

Baekhyun: ....

Jonghyun: Your throat must be tired after the long practice. This remedy is good. Protect your voice well.

Baekhyun: (walk towards Jonghyun and return him the bottle) This is yours. You keep it for yourself.

Jonghyun: It's okay. You can have it.

Baekhyun: I will get my own drink. Don't give up what's yours easily. (paused) Cherish what you have...
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


| MBC Gayo Daejun 2016 |
 

Finally, it's the day of MBC Gayo Daejun.

All artistes are busy preparing themselves for the performances. Almost all the major boy/girl groups from S.M attended the event.

SNSD is there too. But Taeyeon isn't in good shape. It was probably too much fatigue resulted from their comeback, the tour preparations and also dealing with all sorts of rumors. When the girls are watching the other groups perform, Taeyeon chose to return to the waiting room.

Rubbing her temples as she walk along the backstage, she heard familiar giggling sound. At first she thought it was coming from some staffs, and simply ignored it. But round the corner she spotted a familiar figure. It's Miya, her young labelmate from J.E.M. Just as Taeyeon is about to approach her, she found another familiar figure appearing next to Miya.... they are laughing, teasing and having fun with each other. They look happy, and she can see Miya naturally rest her arms around his waist.

Taeyeon is not surprised.

Everyone in S.M knows about them. Everyone knows about Miya and Baekhyun. They had been close since she was a trainee and both of them hang out alot since J.E.M debuted. The public loves them too. Looking cute and fluffy together, they probably owned the most number of shippers in the entire Kpop industry.

"Rumors doesn't come from nothing.."  Taeyeon still remember that's what he once told her.

It's true, afterall.



| The after party ... |


All artistes attended the after party organized by MBC. 

Food, alcohol, strong music.... there was a lot of fun and random dances around.  It's a party for all artistes to unwind and mingle around after Gayo Daejun performances.

But this is not a Taeyeon thing, especially she's feeling unwell today.

So as usual, she chose a quiet corner and sat there by herself. Every now and then, her members will come and join her for awhile before mixing around with friends from other groups.


Sipping the juice in her hand, Taeyeon watched the crowd dancing around having fun.

Then a familiar crowd appear on the dance floor.... her hoobaes. 

It's interesting to see how her labelmates grow. She used to see them as kids, but now they have grown so much. 

Her eyes then set on him.

Seeing him having fun with the boys... seeing him playing around with the girls.

She thought he might be troubled by those scandals lately, but apparently he is dealing with it fine.


And there, it's Miya.... who is dancing with him.

She's young, youthful, joyous, sweet and very talented in singing. Someone who is certainly attractive and has all the traits that attracts a man like Baekhyun. They do look good together, and probably only a girl like Miya is good enough for him.


"How can the goddess of all South Korean man be sitting here alone?"

A voice came along and interrupt Taeyeon's thoughts.

Taeyeon: (smile) Stop teasing me.

Jonghyun: (smile) You don't look good. Not feeling well?

Taeyeon: Deh. I guess I'm just too tired.

Jonghyun: (took his drink and sat down beside taeyeon)

Taeyeon: The collaboration stage was great.

Jonghyun: (smile and watch the dance floor) Yeah, it was. That boy is very talented in singing...

Taeyeon: .... 

Jonghyun: (gesturing to Baek) Him.....even Yong Hwa hyung think so too.

Taeyeon: Don't call him a boy. He is just 2 years younger than you.

Jonghyun: (laughs) Arrasso jagiya...

Taeyeon: Wae?! 

Jonghyun: What's wrong with that? The whole world thinks I'm going to be your husband anyway.


Taeyeon: (sigh) ...what should we do? If this goes on, you might really have problem getting yourself a wife if everyone thinks we are an item.

Jonghyun: (laugh) It's okay, I'm not hurrying to look for one. I'm still mending my broken heart.

Taeyeon: ...huh?

Jonghyun: You broke my heart. Don't you remember?

Taeyeon: (laughs and hit him) Stop it!

Jonghyun: Seriously, I'm still feeling sore that you rejected me over hi....

Taeyeon: (cover Jong's mouth) You promised me not to ever mention a word about that.

Jonghyun: (nods and removed her hands from his mouth)


Taeyeon: Isn't it better to be friends? Love might not last. But best friends are forever.

Jonghyun: (smile) Deh. Whatever you said, best friend. But....

Taeyeon: hmm?

Jonghyun: You don't intend to tell him the truth?

Taeyeon: ....

Jonghyun: (looking at the dance floor) You feel good? Looking at him getting intimate with other girls like this.

Taeyeon: I knew I have to deal with this sooner or later. At least now I know he has moved on.

Jonghyun: Don't deceive yourself. Look at you, are you happy?

Taeyeon: ....


"Isn't this what I want...?"

"For him to forget me and move on..."

"It hurts, but I just have to deal with it."

"Perphaps time will heal and make me forget everything."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not having baekyeon moments for the time being..

I promise their moments will be back in next episode.

Sweet or bitter...

Keep your fingers crossed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~