Decide

An Angel Without Wings [HIATUS]

Chapter 9: (Donghae’s POV)  

            I was dumbfounded as I saw my house slowly turning into ashes. Instead of thinking about my clothes, stuff and appliances; Seohyun’s face is the first one to pop out of my head.

            “Ya, Donghae! Your house is on fire! Call 911!” Jungmin panicked as he pulled my arm.

            I stood there as if I was turned into stone, my head hurts for some reason and I really can’t move. That is until I was slapped by Jungmin.

            “Ya, Snap out of it!  Seohyun is still in there! She’ll die if you don’t do something!” Jungmin yelled.

            I flinched as I heard this. Seohyun’s still in there, she may be suffocated or burned. Thoughts like these began to sting my mind, clouding every inch of it. And then, I made a run for it. I covered my face with my arm as I entered the burning house.

            “Donghae!” Jungmin shouted.

--

(Seohyun’s POV)

 

            I snapped my eyes open as I heard a faint shout from afar. I quickly sat up as I remembered the explosion earlier. I looked around; everything is a blurry shade of orange.

            “F-Fire…” I thought.

            I began to cough out my lungs; I can’t breathe, I can’t even see where I’m going. Everything is covered with thick smoke. I began to walk aimlessly touching everything I can to recognize where I am. As far as I know, I’m in place near a cabinet and a door. I limped on one foot as I felt a sudden sting from it; it must have been damaged when the chair fell on my leg. I coughed as the smoke became thicker and it completely blocked my sight. I threw myself on the floor as I curled up into a ball; I coughed non-stop as I felt smoke reaching my lungs. I was beginning to lose hope that moment, but then a blurry figure gave me a twitch. The figure looked down on me as I looked up. I’m not so sure who he is though but then I uttered his name.

            “D-Donghae…” I said.          

--

(Donghae’s POV)

            The smoke is getting thicker but still, I haven’t saw Seohyun. I kicked every door that I’ll see just to find Seohyun; but still, no luck. I stumbled upon a hallway and the smoke became more intense; it kept on stinging my nose. I fanned myself with my arm, trying to chase the smoke away and then I noticed a figure lying down on the floor; a small voice was heard.

            “D-Donghae…” it said.

            I gasped as the smoke cleared out for a bit; it was Seohyun. Did she really call out my name? I kneeled as I got her; her hands suddenly caressed my cheeks and then she did it again.

            “Donghae….” She whimpered as she lost consciousness.

            I stared at her as I my feelings began to mix. She really did call me did she? I’m not dreaming?? B-But…s-she’s…mute…right? I shook my head as I carried her in my arms; I looked around to search for an exit. But then the house is completely burned down. I can’t find a way out; I began to run as fast as I could just to avoid the falling ceilings and woods. Finally, I saw a light from afar; I heard some sirens and some water splashing; I followed it and was totally relieved as I saw Jungmin’s face.

            “Ya, Donghae!” Jungmin yelled as he tapped me gently on the cheeks.

            “S-Seohyun…” I said as I felt that I’m nearly running out of breath.

            “Bwoh??” Jungmin asked.

            “Take care of Seohyun…” I said.

            “YA! DONGHAE!” Jungmin shouted.

            After that, I saw a familiar figure running away from the burning house.

            “J-Jessica?” I mumbled.

            And then, darkness…          

--

            I slowly opened my eyes and all I can see is pure white; am I dead? But then I smelled a scent of antiseptics. Does heaven really smell like this? I bathed my eyelids as I tried to clear my sight and realize that I’m in a hospital. I quickly stood up as I remembered Seohyun but then I felt a sudden sting rushed through out my body; I ended up slumping back to my pillow again.

            “Ya, Donghae, don’t sit too fast” Jungmin said as he helped me down.

            “W-Where’s Seohyun?” I asked.

            “She’s alright; she’s sleeping soundly in another room” Jungmin replied.

            “Ahh…” I said; relieved.

            “What’s the problem?” Jungmin asked.

            “Earlier, inside the burning house, I heard Seohyun talk…” I mumbled.

            “B-Bwoh??” Jungmin asked.

            I nodded.

            “But isn’t she mute?? How can a mute girl like her ever talk?” Jungmin asked once again.

            “I’m not even sure” I said “And also…I saw Jessica earlier…she’s running away from the house and she have that scared look on her face.”

            “Wait…does that mean that she may be the one to set the house on fire?” Jungmin asked.

            “I’m not really sure, hyung” I replied.          

--

(Seohyun’s POV)

            I stared at the ceiling for a while as I tried to remember the things that have happened earlier. I’m the one at fault, I’m the one that have set the house on fire…Donghae will never forgive me for this. I was deep in thought that I didn’t notice the tears rushing down of my eyes. Just then, I felt a stare from my side, I quickly looked at it and saw Yonghwa.

            “Y-Yonghwa…” I said.

            “Joo hyun…are you alright?” he asked.

            “Y-Yeah…thanks” I replied.

            “Now that you can see what I can do, I hope that you will now come back to where you came from” Yonghwa said coldly.

            “B-Bwoh? What you can do?? You mean…you’re the one that have set the house on fire?” I asked.

            Yonghwa nodded.

            “The next time I’ll do this, Donghae might get killed…so please, Joo hyun…come back…” Yonghwa said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!

seokyulove, getswoon, ILoveG9

I'm so sorry if I kept on changing POV's~ Because I've just came up with this chapter just now.:))

AN UPDATEEEE~ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Please leave a comment.:)

One shot requests are open @ Dear Diary: A letter never sent!