Melodic Past

An Angel Without Wings [HIATUS]

CHAPTER 2: (Donghae’s POV)

            That day I didn’t go to work; maybe because I have a hangover or something but the main reason is that I have to keep an eye on Seohyun. Can you believe that right after breakfast she got a hold of a pen then she started doodling on my paperwork? That’s also one of the reasons why I can’t go to work today. After giving her a paper and a pencil she stayed quiet at the living room for a while but when I looked back to check up on her, she’s gone. She must've been up to no good because she brought the pencil I gave with her. I searched for her all through out the house but no sign of her was seen. Just then, I remembered a place that I haven’t checked up yet; it’s the music room up on the second floor. I quickly ran to the stairs hoping that she’d be there. I was no longer surprised to saw here there; she’s standing beside the piano. I approached her then I placed my hand over her shoulder; she looked at me, not even surprised.

            “So this is where you’ve been…” I sighed

            She stared at the piano once again; it seems to me that she’s remembering something from her past.

            “Do you know how to play it?” I asked

            She didn’t gesture anything, instead she sat at the piano’s stool then she opened the piano’s cover. She started playing a melody in which I remembered playing before. After hearing a few more notes I finally remembered what it is; it’s the first and last song that I’ve ever learned. First, because my parents taught it to me when I was 5 and last, because it’s the song I played for their burial when I was 7. I had forgotten about that song for years and now here I am listening to it once again. It was till then that I noticed Seohyun staring at me.

            “W-Why’d you stop?” I asked

            She continued to stare at me.

            “S-So you do know one thing…and you're very good at it…great job…” I faked a smile

            I think she’s not convinced at all because she stood up from the stool, she approached me then she embraced me. I don’t know why but I felt that there was this some kind of force that took my loneliness away.

            “H-Hey Seohyun…” I said as I pushed her away from me “H-How did you know that song?”

            She looked at me, smiled then she shook her head.

            “Y-You won’t tell?” I asked

            She smiled then suddenly she looked down her stomach, she held it then she looked at me.

            “You're hungry?” I asked

            She smiled then she nodded.

            “So you don’t want to tell huh?” I thought

            Just then, I remembered that she ate the last apple for breakfast this morning.

            “You wanna eat outside?” I asked

            She tilted her head and her face looked puzzled.

            “When eating outside, it means that you’ll eat at a restaurant or something” I explained

            She still seems puzzled, so I gave up on explaining it to her.

            “You know what? Just change…I can explain it to you when we get there” I said

           She just ignored me then she ran downstairs, sometimes I really don’t get what’s running into that girl’s mind. I followed her down and saw her into my room, causing Havoc into my wardrobe.

            “W-What are you doing?” I asked

            She looked at me then she pulled out my shirt she showed it to me.

            “Y-You’ll wear that?” I asked

            She nodded cheerfully as she started undressing herself.

            “W-Wait!” I said as I stopped her from stripping; I can feel that I’m already blushing

            Love does not begin to describe my feeling; I’m actually freaked out to see a girl undressing in front of me.

            “Y-You should take a bath first” I said as an excuse

            She nodded then I led her to the bathroom. I opened the door then I lightly pushed her inside.

            “If you need me I’ll just be sitting here” I said

            She nodded then she closed the door. Right after I sat at the sofa the opening of the bathroom door was heard. She peeked from the inside.   

            “W-Wait…don’t tell me you don’t know how to bathe…” I said

            She nodded shyly. I felt weird that time; it’s like something’s crawling beneath my skin.

            “E-even a sponge bath? Y-You really don’t know?” I asked once again

            She shook her head; irritated. I entered the bathroom, with my heart about to burst out of my chest.

            “Y-You know…you don’t really need to take a bath…” I said

            But she didn’t listen to me again; she’s now playing with the faucet at the bathtub. Suddenly, she accidentally opened it; the water began to pour out. She seems rather amazed by the pouring water because the next thing I knew is that she’s already in the bathtub with her clothes on.

            “Y-Ya, you're not supposed to bathe with your clothes on” I said

            She stared at me.

            “Y-You should take off your clothes…” I said looking away from her stare

            I thought that the steam inside the bathroom should be enough for me not to see her, but I was wrong. I glanced at the sight; Seohyun excitedly took off her clothes, it’s more like the childish way of stripping because I didn’t find it appealing at all. But then again, I made a mistake.  After taking off her clothes; Seohyun started playing with the water, I find her real captivating inside the steamy bathroom. I can’t really see her whole body because her back is the one facing me but as I saw the water trickling down her back it made me feel uneasy; then I noticed that she’s staring at me.

            “I-Im not peeking! R-Really!” I said

            She just smiled then she splashed some water to me.

            “Ya!” I said

            She continued to splash the water to me. I rushed to her, holding her wrists.

            “Stop!—” I yelled

            I was taken a back as I noticed her expression that moment; it was scared but at the same time, sad.

            “I-I’m sorry” I said as I released her

            She held her wrists then she turned her back to me.

            “Use that white bar for your body and that some sort of bottle is for your hair…hurry up…it’s almost time for lunch” I said as I walked out of the door

            I felt miserable by then, I know my patience is too short and a lot of my friends have been leaving me because of that. But, I don’t know what makes Seohyun different, I don’t want her to hate me nor leave me…I don’t want that…                  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!

kyuvoice, nate_seokyuforever, seokykyu, Shyakira, seokyu_jjang, twinkleprojects, kamote11, anniii, meggy15990, saranghaeyo07, jayms_minho

 

And also thank you all for your heartwarming comments~ Hope to see more of them! Happy reading! ~.^