My next door neighbour

An Angel Without Wings [HIATUS]

CHAPTER 5: (Jessica’s POV)

            I scoffed as I notice a lot of guys staring at Seohyun as we walk around the mall. Even with her look of disappointment she seems to attract a lot of attention.

            “She’s nothing even close to my beauty…how can she attract anyone’s attention like that?” This made me hate her even more.

            I escaped from Seohyun’s sight just to play a trick on her and then I’ll find her afterwards. I looked around the dresses by myself; I need to clear my head up for a bit. Since she’s already at a right age; I guess she would be ok to wander around, can’t she? I saw a pale blue dress that really caught my eye, Donghae would like this. Wouldn’t he? I suddenly remember Seohyun again as I clutched on the dress angrily, she has no right to steal my Lee Donghae. She doesn’t know the consequence of doing that. I’m Jessica Jung, and I always get what I want.

            “Excuse me, miss, are you going to buy that?” A saleslady asked me as she noticed me furiously clutching on the dress. I shook my head. “Ok, but please don’t tear it, or you’re going to pay for it.”

            “What do you think? I don’t have money?” I rolled my eyes as she noticed that I was wearing branded, expensive clothes. “Stupid people shouldn’t really walk the face of the earth.” I muttered as I flipped my hair.

            I went back to the place where I left Seohyun, maybe she’s crying in a corner right now. The toy store; she’s not there…the book shop; not there also…

Where’s Seohyun?!

I ignored the stares and whispers around me as I fastened my pace, damn it, that girl, if she gets lost Donghae will really kill me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            (Yonghwa’s POV)

            I was walking through the male’s area inside the mall as I bumped into a girl. She fell straight to the floor on her , and as a gentleman, I quickly helped her out by holding out my hand. She stared at it at first before taking it.

            “Sorry, it’s my fault for not looking.” I mumbled as I watched her dust herself off. She looked; scratch that, stared at me before slowly nodding her head. “Are you ok?” She nodded again.

            "Seohyun ssi!” A female voice called out, the girl I was talking to looked over my shoulder; I spun around too to see a blonde-haired girl.

            So, her name is Seohyun?

            “I was looking all over the place for you!”

            “Uh, excuse me, do you know her?” I asked, the girl looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yeah, how about you? Do you know her?” She retorted. “Let’s go Seohyun, why is everybody weird today?”

            I watched as the two girls leave quickly.

            Seohyun..

            A nice name for a pretty girl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            (Jessica’s POV)

            As we left the male’s area, I noticed that Seohyun kept looking back. I stared at her.

            “Do you have a problem?” I asked, she stopped walking and chewed on her lower lip. She looked back again and shook her head. Wait, is she possibly…?

            I observed her face, it was red.

            “Is your heart beating fast?” I reluctantly asked, she looked puzzled at first before she nodded.

            This might be something good.

            Something that would assure me that Donghae will be mine forever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            (Donghae’s POV)

            The next day:

            Seohyun has been acting all strange; yesterday, after I’ve returned from work, I brought her some apples. After I got home Seohyun just got the apples, bowed, and then she went to the kitchen. I was expecting a hug or a pounce from her but I guess I expected too high. Maybe after being with Jessica’s loud voice the whole day, she must've gone nuts for real this time; but Jessica is also acting weird. I called her right after I went home yesterday but then there’s no answer; I find it weird because she’s the type that answers all of her calls, especially if it’s from me. Another weird thing is that when I woke up this morning; about 7:00 am, Seohyun’s not by my side. I went to the kitchen but then there’s no sign of pots, pans, and a lot of mess all over the floor; so I thought that she’s not there. I went to the living room and saw her cuddling over a pillow; sleeping, on the couch. I leaned over to her then I ruffled her hair.

            “Why are you acting like this?” I thought “Why are you so far away?”

            After calling all of the people in my phonebook, no one seems to have time. But then, I remembered the unemployed brat who lives next door. He does seem to have a lot of time because I rarely see him going out of his house. His name is Jung Yonghwa; 21 years old, and a total couch potato. He never had a job before, because I know that he’s still living under his mother's care which is in America right now. They’re just sending in money for his daily expenses. After remembering all that, I think I’m having second thoughts of leaving Seohyun in his care; but I think that there’s already no choice for me. As I pack Seohyun some apples for her lunch (she doesn’t want anything that is not ‘apple’) I saw her peeking from the kitchen door.

            “Hey Seohyun.” I smiled.

            She still stayed at the kitchen door.

            “You’ll be staying with Yonghwa” I continued “Because I can’t contact Jessica at the moment…”          

            But then Seohyun ran towards me, hugging my arm; crying.

            “W-Why? Why are you doing that Seohyun? What’s the matter?” I asked

            She shook her head.

            “Maybe this is Jessica’s doing…” I thought “That girl is really cunning”

            Seohyun’s tears aren’t stopping.

            “Hey listen…” I said as I held her shoulders “It’ll be just for a day…I don’t know what Jessica told you but I’ll be back for sure…”

            Just then, her face brightened up, she looked at me then she smiled. I ruffled her hair. At about 8:00 am I rang Yonghwa’s doorbell, Seohyun hid behind me still holding my arm.

            “It’s gonna be alright…” I smiled

            “Heeeeey~” A faint voice called from afar

            I looked around but no one was found

            “Up hereeeee~” the voice called again

            I looked up and saw Yonghwa looking at us from his 2nd floor window.    

            “The gate is open you can enter! And also, would you please bring the newspaper when you come in? Thank you!” Yonghwa yelled as he pulled his head from the window.

            “What the—” I sighed

            I picked up the newspaper from the ground then I opened the gate; Seohyun followed me. I pushed the door and as Yonghwa said it’s open.

            “How can he be so carefree like this?” I thought.     

            There were magazines, unfinished snacks, wrappers of candy on the floor and I also saw a pile of dishes that I suppose was never cleaned for about a month; to be exact; the house is a total wreck. I was supposed to get out of the house hat minute, but then Yonghwa called.

            “Ya! Hyung! Thank you for bringing in the newspaper” Yonghwa said as he ran down the stairs “So what do you want from me?”

            “Uhh—” I said

            “Don’t be shy Hyung, were neighbours after all” Yonghwa smiled

            “I’m supposed to ask you if you would watch over Seohyun for a bit…but I guess this is a bad time…” I shuddered as I looked around

            “Wait—did you just say Seohyun?” Yonghwa asked, his face looked puzzled

            “Y-Yeah…why?” I muttered

            “Oh uhh…nothing—I just remembered the girl I saw yesterday, but I think Seohyun is not a rare name after all” Yonghwa said

            “R-Really?” I faked a smile

            “So where is this Seohyun by the way?” Yonghwa said looking behind me

            Seohyun’s hand flinched; I felt it on my arm.

            “Heyyyy~ you’re the one from yesterday! This must be destiny” Yonghwa smiled

            “You’ve met each other before?” I asked looking at Seohyun

            “Yeah, we've bumped into each other yesterday” Yonghwa smiled as he approached Seohyun

            She looked at Seohyun from head to toe, this made Seohyun grasp unto my arm more.

            “You want me to take care of her?” Yonghwa asked

            “W-Well yeah…but you look veeeery busy…I think that it’s best if we just leave you alone” I said, trying to shake off the conversation

            “No really, this is not a bad time—I can take care of her” Yonghwa smiled

            I guess there’s no choice. I looked at Seohyun whose hands are wrapped tightly unto my arms. She turned to me and I tried to fake a smile for her to feel better.

            “Don’t worry about her, she’s safe with me” Yonghwa said

            I finally agreed. I went outside of Yonghwa’s house.  

            “Are you gonna be fine?” I asked Seohyun

            She nodded but not a glimmer of smile touched Seohyun’s lips.

            “O-Okay then…I’m off” I said

            “Take care Hyung!” Yonghwa said

            As I mounted the car, Yonghwa and Seohyun waved goodbye, I waved back then I left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!

keno174, kp1128

HELLO READER!

Summer school has been REALLY tiring lately and I needed someone to help me with my story.

That's why I seek help from one of my friends to be my Co-author.

I would like to introduce my Co-author soom_breathe.

So if you would like to ask a question or just place your feelings about the story in a comment

it would be best if you would address it to both of us so that we can answer your questions (if there is any) faster.

That's all~ I hope you would like Chapter 5 which is the first chapter that we worked on together.

Ciao~

PS! Thank you so much for the comments~ Love you all~