A magical Encounter

An Angel Without Wings [HIATUS]

CHAPTER 1:(Donghae's POV)

            I’m dizzy, my world is spinning and I can feel that I’m about to fall. I hold on to a lamp post as I stumbled unto a garbage can; I can feel my stomach turning upside down at the moment. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain from my throat. I began to throw up everything I ate; and that’s when I knew that I was already dead drunk. I wouldn’t be like this if I hadn’t come to that wedding, but Sooyoung insisted me on going so I came anyway. Seeing her on the altar with Siwon made me realize that there was no stopping them; so I left right after the ceremony. I didn’t even wish them good luck, but I know that they would’ve understood. Seeing the one you love getting married to another man made me feel like I was gonna die; that’s why I drowned myself in alcohol. And now, here I am…depending on all of my senses to bring me home. After a few more minutes of I’ve finally found my way into our street; I know it since there are bushes of flowers right at the corner entrance of the street. I walked further and I saw my Parent’s house (which was given to me) from afar. I staggered as I felt my head spinning once again; as I arrived in front of my house I grabbed my keys in my pocket. Just before entering, I noticed a person lying in front of my gate; I must be really drunk because I didn’t even notice her there before.

            “W-Wait a minute…a girl?” I thought

            I was taken aback after confirming that it really was a girl, it’s like the alcohol has already lost its effect. It made my vision clearer; covering her body were only strips of torn clothes, her white skin, surrounded with cuts and wounds and then I noticed a necklace she’s wearing…its kind of weird because for a moment I thought it was glowing. I looked around; no one was there, I carried her up, kicked my gate open and then I brought her inside. I placed her on my old, worn out sofa which is a hundred percent better than the cold floor outside. I got some water and a towel and then I started to wash her face. There’s no one around except me so I started to take off the cloth covering her. I looked away as I wiped her body, but no matter how far I look I can still feel her skin underneath my hand. By then, I can feel blood rise to my cheeks. I got some antiseptics and band-aids so I started to tend her wounds, and I got some old clothes for her to wear; all that’s left is for her to wake up. Exhausted, I went to the kitchen to drink a glass of milk; I watched her from there. I looked at my clock slash calendar; it’s September 26, 10:23 pm…that’s when I decided to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            The next morning my sleep was disturbed by a finger I think, poking my side.  At first I ignored it but then I remembered that I’m the only one in the house. I sit up as quickly as I can; before the next thing poking me is a knife. I was surprised as I saw a girl.

            “O-Oh right…I picked up a girl last night…” I thought as I scratched my head

            She stared at me as if I was something good to eat. It made me feel awkward but I guess she’s totally fine with it. I reached for her face, caressing it; I was totally ready for a punch or a slap in the face but as what I expected, there’s no reaction at all.

            “Are you an Angel?” I asked

            “…”    

            “Can you make my wish come true?” I asked once again

            She just tilted her head; she must be thinking that I’m a lunatic or something. I sighed as I stood up, and then I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of milk.

            “I picked up something useless…why did I even take her in the first place? Because I thought she’s an angel?! I must be really drunk last night…” I sighed “Maybe I’ll just hand her over to the police…”

            As I turned around I was surprised as I saw her behind me; staring at me again.

            “D-Don’t sneak up to me like that” I said

            I left the kitchen and then I headed for the bathroom. I heard some light footsteps behind me, till then I realized that she’s following me. I turned to her giving her a glare but she seems to have cared less. I continued to walk my way to the bathroom. As I entered the door I quickly closed it before she could enter.

            “What the heck is with her?” I thought

            I took a bath and after that I dried my self with a towel. I got out of the bathroom and saw her outside the door.

            “W-What is with you? Stop it, It’s not funny ya know?” I yelled

            “…”

            She seems to be startled and scared because I can no more hear her footsteps from behind. I headed at the living room and then I turned the TV on.

            “For tomorrow’s forecast…”

            Just then I notice someone peeking from the living room door. It wouldn’t take much thinking to know that it was THAT girl.

            “Hey” I said

            But after hearing my voice she hid right away.

            “D-Don’t go—” I said as I stood up

            I rushed to the room next to the living room, which is the kitchen. She must've hid under the kitchen table because I can hear some rumbling sounds under it.

            *Grumble, grumble*

            I looked under the table and found her sitting on the floor; nearly crying.

            “A-Are you hungry?” I asked politely

            She looked down on her stomach then she held it; she stared at me again.

            “Yes, that. Does it hurt?” I asked once again

            She looked down on her stomach again, she looked up to me, and then she nodded.

            I stood up then I inspected the refrigerator; empty. I looked at the cabinet; empty. All that’s left is an apple in the fruit basket. I got it then I went to her. She crawled out of the table.

            “Sit there” I said as I sat on a chair

            She sat across the small kitchen table and then I handed her the apple.

            “Here…it’s the only thing I got” I said

            She stared at it eagerly then she set her sights on me.

            “I-Im sorry about yelling at you earlier…I think I went overboard” I said

            She smiled then she got the apple from my hand, she stared at it for about 20 seconds then she started sniffing it. I snatched it from her because I think that she wasn’t kidding at all.

            “You don’t know what this is?” I asked

            She shook her head.

            “*sigh* this is an Apple…you will eat it so that your stomach will not hurt anymore” I said

            She still seems so puzzled by the apple; so I gave her a live demonstration.

            “Here’s how you eat it…” I said

            I bit the apple then I handed it to her.

            “Try it” I said

            She got it from my hand then she too, bit it. But something tells me that she did not like it. From , she pulled out the apple’s skin.

            “Oh so you don’t like eating the skin…” I said as I looked around

            I saw a knife from afar so I stood up to get it. But when I came back to the table she’s already peeling the apple with her nails.

            “Hey! Stop!” I yelled as I snatched the apple away from her

            But it’s too late because I can already see blood rushing out of her nails. I approached her to look at it but she moved away from me; staring at me with scared eyes. I noticed that I was holding a knife at that moment.

            “Y-You're afraid of these?” I asked

            “…”

            She moved away some more. I threw the knife at the sink then I approached her.

            “Phobia, huh? So, that’s why you have cuts and wounds…” I said

            “…”

            She finally calmed down as I placed a band-aid around her finger.

            “So what’s your name?” I asked

            “…”

            “Say, I didn’t even hear your voice from before…are you mute?” I asked

            She nodded silently.

            “Then, can you write?” I asked

            She shook her head.

            “You can’t even write? From what place are you from?” I said

            “…”

            “I know…let’s think of a name for you…” I said

            She smiled out of excitement.

            “Uhhhh…Gwiboon?” I asked

            She shook her head.

            “Uhhhh…Taeyon?” I asked once again

            Just then, some kind of wind whispered to my ear, it’s more like a voice to me…it said:

            “Seohyun…”  

            “S-Seohyun?” I uttered

            She smiled as she heard this, she started tapping my shoulder, and it’s more like she’s trying to say that that’s her name.

            “Seohyun huh? You like it?” I asked

            She nodded. But I think it’s to plain for a girl like her, but since she liked it I think there’s no turning back…but I’ve thought up of my own description of her…that only I know about…how about…

            “My Angel without wings…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE:

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!

khim012, seokyu91, suju_snsd, soom_breathe