Banana Milk

Run With Me

From the previous chapter...

 
photo tumblr_m2sysu1bRm1r2jb7no1_400_zps25bca2f3.gif
 
Chasing after you, Kibum finds himself looking at you and Taemin being intimate. Knowing that his dear friend was the one that ruined his wedding, he grabbed Taemin and gave him a punch. With the help of the adults, Taemin and you managed to escape from Kibum. But not for long...
 
 
 
 
 
That night, I hid in my room as my parents and Kibum's parents spoke to each other outside in the living room. I locked my door so Kibum couldn't come in. 
 
The adults fought so loudly that I guessed the people on the ground floor to the top floor could hear them. 
 
I felt sorry about the mess I created. But it was too late to do anything now.
 
Leaning against my room's door, I listened to the conversation. Sadly, only one person sided me, which was my father. It was really heart breaking to know that even my mother didn't support me. 
 
I slipped into bed and cried myself to bed. I know it wasn't the right time to be sleeping, but only when sleeping, I won't feel any pain. 
 
 
 
The sound of my door closing woke me up from my sleep. I jumped up and turned to the door to see my father.
"Dad, what are you doing in here? And how did you manage to come in?"
"Taemin told me the place you hid your room's key. I wanted to check if you're sleeping well. Seems like you're still jumpy."
 
I sat up straight as my father took a seat at the edge of my bed. 
He held my hand and asked, "how could I not see that the person you liked wasn't Kibum? I failed as your father..."
"No dad," I clenched his hands, "you didn't failed. I had already lost myself, so it wasn't your fault."
 
My father then hugged me. I couldn't even remember the last time him and I hugged. 
"Dad, sorry to be an embarrassment to you all."
"It's okay, at least you're happy."
"But dad, I'm not really sure if I'm happy."
"Why?"
I released my father and hugged my teddy bear instead. 
"I don't know. It's just this uneasy feeling that's preventing me from being happy. First of all, I really like Kibum too. Secondly, I think I disappointed everyone. Thirdly, I'm not even sure whether things will work out between Taemin and, but I took this risk. Lastly, I don't know how will I face mum, Kibum and his family from now on..."
 
We both kept quiet for a while. My father was about to say something when my phone vibrated.
"At this time? Who could it be?"
I picked up my phone and saw a text from Taemin. 
"It's Taemin. He sent me a long text."
 
I took some time to read the text as my father waited patiently.
"_____, I believe I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have confessed right before your wedding, and ruined it. I shouldn't have deprived you of the perfect life you'll have with Kibum. Since we're all friends, I know he'll treat you well. I'm glad to know that you like me too, but nothing just feels right. You belong with Kibum. All these is just a big mistake you've committed because of me. I'm truly sorry to have landed you in trouble. And it's because I really like you, I'm telling you to go back to Kibum. It took me a lot of courage to send this to you. I don't even dare to send it to you when you're awake. One last thing, I'll clear the air for you. Don't try to change my mind, cause I won't."
 
After reading finish, I immediately called him. It didn't take him long to pick up.
"Why aren't you sleeping?"
I ignored his question and asked, "do you want me dead?"
"Pardon?"
"Lee Taemin, how can you suddenly tell me you like me and just leave me after that?! How can you suddenly give up on us when I gave up everything for us?!"
"It's not like I want to, but we don't have a choice, right?"
"There's definitely a way out! Only if we don't give up now."
"_____! This is not a fairy tale or some drama series! Even if it is, I'm not the lead! We won't be together in the end!"
 
Hearing him say that, I started to cry.
"Fine. If this is how you want it, let's not talk anymore. I don't ever want to hear your voice nor see your face again. Goodbye!"
I hung up on him and wept terribly.
 
My father moved closer to me and wrapped his arm around me.
"Girl, don't you think what you said was a little too much?"
"Dad, you're only saying that because you didn't know what he told me. Can't believe our relationship failed even before it started..."
 
 

 
 
Author's Note:
Hello! ^^
Happy valentines' day everyone! :D
Let's be friends! :)
I'm really curious about how all my readers look like, 
so let's meet elsewhere! n_n
ohteefifteen.blogspot.sg | twitter: @ohmijaa | me2day: @reuneee