Banana Milk

Run With Me

 

"Your mother is going to be so angry," Taemin said.
"I don't care. For now."
"We're attracting lots of attention."
"I don't care too."
 
 
 
Then I heard someone calling my name. I recognised that voice almost immediately. It was my supposed to be husband.
 
I released Taemin and turned to the direction where the shouting was coming from and saw Kibum running towards us. Having a clearer view of us, Kibum slowed down his pace.
 
Kibum stopped a few steps away from us and glared at us.
"What is the meaning of this?"
His tone was stern and demanding, I knew he wanted only the truth.
"Bummi, I—"
"Why are you still calling me that when you had already abandoned me back there?"
 
Kibum was so intimidating that I hid myself behind Taemin.
"Kibum, stop being so fierce," Taemin said.
"Lee Taemin, and I thought you were an innocent boy."
 
Kibum then stepped forward and grabbed Taemin by his shirt and pulled Taemin towards him. Taemin supported himself by holding onto Kibum's shoulders. Kibum then used his left hand to punch Taemin on the stomach, making Taemin cringe, then used his right hand to punch Taemin on the face. Taemin fell to the ground and let out a groan.
photo tumblr_m2sysu1bRm1r2jb7no1_400_zps25bca2f3.gif
 
"Taemin!"
I quickly went over to Taemin's side and tried to hold him up.
I looked at Kibum and asked, "what exactly do you want?!"
 
Before Kibum could reply, our fathers came running towards us. My father grabbed Kibum and and his father told him, "we saw you hitting Taemin! I'm sure we can talk this out without using violence."
"Dad! Why are you siding them?!"
 
I took this chance to pull Taemin up. My father then shouted to me, "go back home first! We'll talk later!"
I nodded and Taemin and I went up Taemin's car. We could hear Kibum's constant screaming but we didn't stop for him. 
 
As the car drove off, I looked out at the window. I swore, for that moment, I saw Kibum cry. If he really was crying, that was only the second time I had ever seen him cry.
 
 
 
I kept silent through the whole car journey. I didn't know what to say to Taemin. Yes, I was happy that he finally knows I like him and all, but everything just felt so wrong. Our confessions came at the wrong time.
 
"It's alright," Taemin said, "we're reaching your house soon."
I turned to look at Taemin. 
"Let me see the other side of your face."
(In Korea, the driver's seat is on the left, and Taemin got punched on the left, which explains why you couldn't see his bruise.)
"I'm driving."
"Taemin, turn your face. Now."
 
Taemin stopped his car at the side of the road and turned to me. I got a little teary when I saw his bruise. I gently touched his face and asked, "does it still hurt?"
"Not really," Taemin said and held my hand on his face, "I feel fine after seeing you worry about me."
He then tried to smile, but his face cringed a bit when he did. I assumed that it still hurts.
"You idiot. Why didn't you retaliate?"
"I'm at wrong. I can't hit Kibum. He's innocent."
 
I bit my lip and bent over to hug Taemin. 
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten you into this. I should never have admitted tha—"
I was unable to go on with what I wanted to say as Taemin cut me off with a kiss. 
He moved away slightly and whispered, "don't apologise, it's not wrong to acknowledge your feelings. I suppose we both err at not willing to face it earlier."
 

 

Author's Note: I'm so buying shinee's "Dream Girl". Yes, for dear ee taetae :D