Honey Ramen

Run With Me

A/N: Thank you all so much for voting! :) Here's the result

poll ss photo Screenshot21_zps755e40af.png

Please enjoy reading! ^_^

 


 

The boat to the island only operates twice a day, once in the morning at 6am, the other at 2pm. Since Taemin and I missed the one in the morning, we had to wait for the one in the noon. While we waited, we went to fill our tummies at a Western food restaurant near the port. 
 
The waiter ushered us in and gave us a menu each. I went through the menu twice and chose the cheapest dish. I looked up at Taemin to see that he didn't even flip open the menu.
"I'll have a chicken cullet," I said.
"And one steak medium rare please," Taemin added.
The waiter nodded and left. After he left, I immediately kicked Taemin.
"Ouch! What?"
"Steak is so expensive! I like it too but I don't even bear to waste too much."
"I really didn't wanted to eat fish and chicken."
 
I smiled and let the matter slide. But my smile faded when I caught a person staring at us from a table nearby behind Taemin. I could only see her eyes as she was using the menu to cover the bottom part of her face. I assumed it was a female because she was wearing makeup. She didn't see me staring at her because her attention was on Taemin. 
 
"Taemin," I said without lifting my eyes off that suspicious person, "is she staring at you?"
"Who?" Taemin asked and turned over to look at where I had my attention on.
"The person with the menu covering most of her face; the one sitting alone."
 
The person jumped a bit and completely hid her face behind the menu. She must have been staring.
"I can't see her face, but she was staring at me," Taemin said.
"I caught her staring, that's why I asked."
"Should I go over and check?"
"Just casually walk past and pretend that you're going to the toilet."
 
Taemin nodded and stood up. He walked towards the toilet slowly and kept staring at her as he walked. When he was a few steps away from her table, she lowered her menu and looked at him. Their eyes met and Taemin stopped. 
"Naeun?" Taemin said.
 
The restaurant was empty and quiet, so I could hear them converse clearly.
 
Naeun stood up and looked down at the ground but with her body facing Taemin. 
"What are you doing here?"
Naeun lifted her head and said, "I went to your house a two days ago and your mother told me that you left home. She didn't tell me why but I could tell that she was really upset. I was worried for you so I got Kibum to track you down for me."
"Track me down?"
"I asked him to check where was the place you last used your credit card."
Taemin sighed and asked Naeun, "have you eaten yet?"
"No, I just reached Floragal this morning, and luckily I found you at the bank," Naeun said and beamed at Taemin. 
She then grabbed Taemin's hand and said, "let's go back home together."
 
Taemin immediately swung Naeun's hand off. His eyes widened in shock and blinked multiple times as he turned away from her.
 
The waiter then served me our food. I left it on the table and went on listening to their conversation. The conversation was getting interesting.
 
"Don't touch me. And no, I'm not going back."
"Taemin, are you still affected by tha—"
"Stop. No, I am not."
"But you're—"
"I said stop!" Taemin shouted at her.
 
Everyone in the restaurant stopped to look at Taemin for a while. After everyone returned to doing their things, Taemin looked at her and said, "you better go back. I won't entertain you anymore."
"Taemin, why are you so stubborn?"
"Why are you still bugging me when we're already over?"
Naeun was lost for words and just stood frozen while staring at Taemin. I could tell that she was hurt by what Taemin said, and I feel sorry for her. But I couldn't help myself from disliking her slightly because she used to be with him. 
 
"Nothing to say? Then I suppose we're done talking," Taemin said and walked back to our table. 
 
When Taemin just had his hand on his chair, Naeun said loudly to Taemin, "if you don't go back with me, I'll expose Kibum's wife location!"
 
I looked at Taemin to see him roll his eyes to himself. Taemin sat down anyway and replied, "go ahead."
"What did you say?" She said in disbelief.
"Go and tell Kibum about it. I'm not scared."
"What..."
"If he really wanted to come here and stop us, he would have done so already. And he would be faster than you. Do I really need you to tell him where are we? Go ahead and tell him the news he already knows."
 
Naeun walked over and said to Taemin, "so you're so confident that he already knows? Alright, I'll go tell him anyway. Just you wait. I will and I can bring you home!"
 
Naeun then left the restaurant angrily, stomping her foot with every step.
 
"Taemin," I called for him but he cut me.
"Sorry about that. She's my previous girlfriend."
"It's alright. I can tell that you've hurt her."
"Who cares? She hurt me back then too."
"Pardon?"
"Come on, let's carry on eating."
Since Taemin didn't want to talk about it, I didn't question him further.
 
"But may I ask something?"
Taemin finally looked at me and said, "what is it about?"
"Why are you so sure that Kibum knows where am I?"
Taemin laughed and said, "only an idiot wouldn't know that you and I are together."
 
 
 

 

Late or Never? | 가지마 | Run With Me | Alarm Clock | more>>

Like this story? Upvote it! :)