Banana Milk

Run With Me

From the previous chapter...

photo image_zps8a4d1e76.png

Taemin suddenly sends you a long text about him wanting to give up the relationship. Sad and angry at the same time, you told him that you never want to see or hear from him again. But that is obviously not how you felt.

 

 

 

 

The sun rose when I was flipping and turning around in bed. Since everyone else should be asleep except for me who couldn't, I decided to go out for a morning walk. Also I should get some snacks or instant food so that I could survive in my room.
 
I brushed my teeth, washed my face and got into something comfortable. Taking my wallet and nothing else, I left my room and house quietly.
 
Immediately after I closed my front door, someone hugged me from behind. 
"Who are you?!"
I tried to shake the person off.
"I'm sorry."
I froze and asked, "Taemin?"
"_____, I'm really sorry."
 
Thinking about him only reminded me of the things he said to me. 
"Let go of me, now."
"No, I won't ever let go."
"I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore, just let go!"
 
Taemin turned me around and gave me a kiss, all in one move. The bittersweet feeling of that kiss made me hesitate about pushing him away. Taemin then deepened the kiss and ran his hand through my hair. As much as I hated him, I just couldn't resist him. I suppose it was because I really like him. 
 
I pulled back a bit and the kiss ended there. I looked down and gasped for air as Taemin pushed my head to his chest and hugged me. I could feel his chest move up and down, hear his breathing, and the sound of his heartbeat. 
"_____," Taemin said, "please don't erase me from your life."
Hugging him at his waist and resting my head on his chest comfortably, I asked, "I thought you didn't want me anymore."
"It's not that I don't want you, just that, I can't bear to see you and I struggle against all the disapproval we're facing."
 
I looked up at him and he looked at me too. I tip toed slightly to give him a peck on the cheek and said, "why are you afraid when I'm not? Taemin, with each other, I don't see why we can't brave this."
Looking into my eyes, Taemin smiled and said, "yes, you're right. We'll get through this together."
I laughed and said, "you're no longer scared that you'll waste your time with me?"
Taemin laughed and flicked my nose. 
"Hey!"
"Don't ask stupid questions," Taemin said and grabbed my hand.
 
Taemin was about to go over to lift when I pulled him back and asked, "have you been here for a long time?"
"I came here about half an hour after we stopped talking. I couldn't take having you hate on me, so I decided to come here and look for you."
"So you sat at the stairs?"
"Yea. I was waiting for your father to wake up and open the door for me, so that I could go in to look for you. Turns out that you came out. What a pleasant surprise."
"You feel like some romantic prince in a fairytale."
"I am."
I laughed and smacked his back. 
 
But my smile immediately faded when I thought about Kibum. The thought of him sort of made me guilty again. The thing was, Kibum comes from a really powerful family. Other than owning multiple malls, his family also own a credit card company and a bank. He's extremely wealthy and his family is very influential. I'm afraid that whatever I did caused Kibum's family a lot of embarrassment. And to think, just about a week ago, I was happily blogging (links to a Dream Girl review done by me long ago LOL) about my excitement of our wedding...
 
"What's wrong?"
I turned to Taemin and shook my head.
"It's nothing. I want to go get something, are you coming with me?"
"Why not?"
We then walked slowly to the convenience store. 
 
Upon reaching, I went in to get some snacks while Taemin looked at the magazines. When I was taking a bag of barbecue flavoured chips, Taemin called for me.
I went over and asked, "yes?"
He then showed me that day's issue of the newspaper. The front page was about Kibum and my wedding. The worst part was, the reporters reported everything to be so embarrassing for the both of us. And they even mentioned Taemin too.
 
I quickly left all my chips on the nearest shelf and pulled Taemin out of the shop with me. I walked as fast as I could back home.
"Where are we going?"
"I don't know, anywhere where the people won't know us."
"But everyone here knows! And your parents will see of this soon."
Taemin then pulled me back and I turned around.
"Let's get out of this place, shall we?"
It took me a while to digest it, and I replied, "are you out of your mind?"
He shook his head. "No, I'm perfectly sane. Other than the fact that I'm a romantic prince in some fairytale. Let's elope and wait till the matter rest a bit before returning."
"What's going to happen to us?"
"You'll never know if you never try."
 
I thought about it for a while. Though I really didn't want to face anyone then, I was worried that I'll never see my family again. I was also worried about what if we couldn't survive outside. 
 
Taemin interrupted my worries with a hug.
"Stop worrying. Everything will be fine. Or I'll try to make it. Cause you have me by your side. Be it 100 or 1000 years, I'll always be by your side."