Chapter Nine

Beautiful

Author’s POV

Like before, Gi Kwang woke up at six and got ready to go to the hospital. He didn’t know if he was excited or not. He liked making breakfast but not the cleaning. He knew he should not complain because with complaining, you can’t achieve anything.

As a young child, he knew that complaining led to nothing. For example, he went to the grocery store with his mom, he kept on screaming and crying about wanting the bag of chips but his mom said no. So he pretty much embarrassed himself at the grocery store wailing at the top of his lungs saying, “I hate you Omma!” She gave him a big wack. Another time was when his mom told him to clean up the living room because they had visitors coming. Gi Kwang didn’t want to so he just messed up the whole room instead. When the visitors came, his mom was really mad and gave him a punishment. No games for one month. Gi Kwang cried every day. After learning his lesson, every time his mom told him to clean, he cleaned. And it was the best for him. Now Gi Kwang has learned to clean up his mess.

But not just with his family life, he had learned to not complain about trying so hard to make it into the music industry. At first, Gi Kwang was so excited being able to make it through the auditions. Once practicing every day started hitting him, he got tired and just wanted to quit. Practicing for four years and not getting anywhere, he would always think maybe it’s a waste. His mom said to him every time they could chat,

“Your time will come. Just work hard and give all your efforts every day.”

Gi Kwang did and look where he was today: A member of one of the most popular KPOP groups. He has made five great best friends too.

He went to the hospital, made breakfast again; this time cleaned the fourth floor toilets, and afterwards, went to the children’s place. He got the opportunity to watch over the kids this time. Though they were sick, they still had a happy smile on their face. Gi Kwang silently prayed for them all to get better. As he looked around, he did not see the little boy in the wheelchair, Ma Roo. Where was he? Maybe he had to get a checkup or something, he thought.

-----

After volunteering, Gi Kwang didn’t get the chance to take a nap. He and the rest of the members had to get ready after everyone arrived. By the time they arrived to the place, the stage was already set for them. On the BEAST schedule, it usually has dates set already. With this being a new and unexpected event, they didn’t get time to practice together for their dancing and singing. The good thing was the manager decided to pick two of the “easy” songs and choreography so they could pick it up quickly without stressing. They had three hours before fans would be showing up. So getting together and practicing, they used their BEAST power to make a great show.

After the three hours were up, the boys perfected their moves. Fans started showing up. In a thirty minutes, the place was close to filling up. The boys were kinda nervous.

“Oh my gosh, help me Dujun!” Yoseob said looking over the crowd.

“What are you talking about? Calm down, you’ve done this before,” Dujun said.

“I know,” Yoseob said giving him a smile. “I’m not nervous but Dongwoon is.”

Yoseob was a funny man. Always making jokes and making people smile.

They both glance at him. He was rubbing his hands up and down and moving around.

They both smile at him.

Dongwoon could feel someone looking at him. He turns and sees Yoseob and Dujun watching him.

“What?”

“Nothing,” Yoseob said while laughing.

“What, can’t I be nervous?”

Dujun smiled.

“Of course you can be. This was unexpected,” Dujun explained.

“Look who’s ready to perform,” Yoseob said nodding his head to Junhyung.

Junhyung was always confident in his performances. Though he only rapped, rapping was one of the most important things in the BEAST songs. It shows raw feelings in words. It adds another edge to the songs. And plus, Junhyung has dedicated himself to be a strong rapper who shows emotions through the rapping instead of just saying words really fast.

“You guys ready?” the manager asked.

They all turned around and nodded. BEAST was performing two songs: You and Fiction*.

With all the lights, sounds, and mics ready, it was show time.

Gi Kwang’s POV

After the performance, the fan meeting was held on the stage, each person waiting in line. It was such a crowded area but the overall performance turned out great. Though we had some mistakes, it was good. It was all about having fun there and we did.

“Annyeonghaseyo! What’s your name?”

“Eun Hye In*.”

“Nice to meet you,” I say and wink at her.

“Kamsahamida.” She gives me a bow and goes to Hyunseung who is sitting next to me.

The next person was a boy. You know what I like about boy fans? Though our biggest fan clubs are made up of girls, guys are able to like us too and our music. We have such a variety of different music styles when we sing and guys liking our music is a good thing. It is not just our looks only, but the music. We don’t just want girl fans, we want guy fans also. And people of all ages to enjoy our music. That was the whole point of making music – for everyone to feel something in our music. That’s our message.

I thanked the boy for listening to us.

“Thank you for supporting us bro.”

“No problem. You guys are the best,” he said.

I chuckled at the double use of ‘best’.

I signed his photo and went onto the next person.

“Annyeongy… oh.”

I start to get the goose bumps like before. I look at the girl in front of me closely. Yep, it’s her. Even with that cap on, I could tell. Her arms are crossed too. Is it me or is it my heart beating?

She looks at me with an eyebrow up.

“Annyeong,” she says like before with the monotone voice. She gives me a photo to sign.

I’m so surprised; I wait for a couple seconds to think. So far, at our fan meetings at Seoul, she has been there those times. She doesn’t seem happy to see us - or is it just me - and she doesn’t seem like a fan. Or is she the type of fan who plays hard to get and acts as if she doesn’t like us but really does? Is she going to have another different name?

“UMM HMM.”

I jerk my head back up.

“Oh, sorry about that. I was thinking.”

She again raises her eyebrows. I then decided to do something out of the ordinary. It was bothering me tons. Let me just get this out of the way.

“It seems like I’ve seen you before at the other fan meetings. May I guess your name?”

She looks at me like I’m crazy yet at the same time she looks guilty. I become confident in my approach.

“Hmm, what’s your name? Oh. I got one,” I said snapping my fingers.

“Is your name Ma Roo? Or is it Lee Kyu Won? Or Kim Sung Oh?”

I watch her closely to see anything going on in her head. Her eyes become big and opens slightly. Hmm, she looks guilty.

“Am I right?”

Hyosung’s POV

Dude, I had no idea where this… this… approach just came from. Was he crazy? I couldn’t say anything. One, I was speechless. Two, how did he know? Three, what the heck. And four, WHAT THE HECK? How did he know Ma Roo, Kyu Won, and Sung Oh?

Now that I think about his words about seeing him three times, I did get an autograph for them. Did he remember their names… and me?

I can’t think so pretty much what I do is walk away.

“Excuse me,” I said to the person in front of me wanting to get out of the line. I walked as smoothly and calmly as I could without making a scene.

“YAH! Wait!”

I hear a voice behind me. I turn my head and look. That Gi Kwang fella is calling out for me. I keep walking. Then all of a sudden, a big man is right in front of me. I glanced up. Oh heck no. This better not be a bodyguard. I did no harm.

“Ma’am, you need to stop. Lee Gi Kwang is calling for you.”

I crossed my arms and turned and waited for Gi Kwang. I could see the crowd looking at me and then at Gi Kwang. Oh my gosh. He better not make a scene right now! I pulled my cap down even further down my face. Lucky people couldn't see my face that well with my cap. The thing I hate most is making a scene that is not necessary.

“Hey! Why are you walking away?”

I looked at him and gave him the stare down. How dare he.

“Do you need something,” I asked in the most polite way.

“No, I don’t,” he said.

I raised my eyebrows.

“But you do. You forgot this.”

He gave me the photo. I forgot it. I took it from him and looked at it. He signed it already.

“Is that all?” I didn’t have the patience for politeness now. There were cameras flashing and people were talking. Even the other members got up to see what was happening.

Gi Kwang looked at me with a frown.

“Yeah, I think,” he says.

Therefore, I turn to that bodyguard in my way.

“I can leave now, right?”

The guard looks at Gi Kwang. I guess he nodded because the guard got out of my way.

“Thanks.”

I then walk away from the scene. When I walked two blocks away, I quickly let out a big breath.

HUH.

What was that all about? Never in my life have I ever experienced something like this. I flashed back and thought about how he remembered and especially why. That didn’t make sense at all. There was no point in remembering a fan, you know.

I glanced down at the photo in my hand. There I saw something I didn’t before. He signed it of course. But under it was a message. It said:

 

 

“What’s your real name? Who are you?”

 

 

All I could think of was that I am so not giving this Kang Eun Bi. She would kill me if she found out her name wasn’t on it with a heart. 

 

 

 

 

_Note from IGuessSo:

This is longer than the other chapters. I guess I have to make up all the times I didn’t update and post. Ha. For you guys!

This chapter shows the characters some bit. The personality of them is based on my opinion and story. Some might be true in real life but I don’t know for sure because I didn’t google them. Ha. So don’t think that it’s their personality for real.

Like before, the * symbol is for additional links and fun-ness. Check it out below.

I hope you guys liked this chapter. I had fun writing it. And if you're not reading my note, I hope you read the chapter though! Read, comment, subscribe, and have fun. Let me know what you think. Oh yeah, remember, with 30 subscribers, that means another main image. Hmm.. how long is that going to take? We'll see. Alrighty, see ya guys! Until I write again.

 

Eun Hye In*- This is a character from the drama My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox). Hilarious and fun drama! You should watch it. If you're a Lee Seung Gi fan, you'll love it.

You and Fiction* - If you did not read the 'About', BEAST won triple crown for the song 'Fiction'. Woot woot. 'Fiction' is one of my favorite my songs from BEAST.