Chapter Eleven

Beautiful

Author's POV

The first thing Gi Kwang was going to do tomorrow was look for Ma Roo. He needed to find out the answers to all his questions. He felt that Ma Roo was the only one who knew what was happening. No way was he going to encounter that girl for the answers.

-----

Ma Roo was in the room playing with Jang Seuk and Lee Shin. Gi Kwang didn’t want to go in and interrupt them having fun so he waited and played with the others. As some of the kids were leaving, Gi Kwang got the opportunity to talk to Ma Roo.

“Annyeonghaseyo Gi Kwang!”

Ma Roo was so happy to be seeing Gi Kwang every day. It is a once-in-a-lifetime event when a famous person comes in the hospital.

“Hey buddy! How’s it going?” Gi Kwang messes up Ma Roo hair.

“I’m doing good. I feel better than yesterday.”

 Gi Kwang smiled. He hoped that Ma Roo would get better soon.

“I have something to ask you, Ma Roo.”

Gi Kwang was nervous in some way of asking Ma Roo this. He wasn’t sure if Ma Roo was going to give him the answers or not.

“What is it?”

Gi Kwang let out a breath.

“Yesterday’s incident, who was the girl with you?”

Ma Roo gives him a goofy smile.

“Noona!”

“Noona?”

“Yes. Her name is Hyosung. She comes in the hospital and helps us fulfill our wishes. She’s the best!”

You could tell from Ma Roo’s expressions and voice that he adored Hyosung.

“Fulfill wishes?”

Gi Kwang wasn’t sure how to interpret that.

“Yep! The kids tells her a wish and she makes them come true. One of mine was to get your autograph. Last week I asked Noona and she made my wish come true. I have it in my room with Jang Seuk and Lee Shin.”

While Ma Roo was talking, Gi Kwang’s mind was thinking. Everything started to make more sense. No wonder her name was different every time because she was making their wishes come true. Now to think of it, there is a Lee Kyu Won and Kim Sung Oh at the hospital. For some reason, Gi Kwang felt like a fool yet was fooled too.

“You know what’s the best about Noona?”

“What?”

“She never gets mad at our wishes and she always fulfills them even though it takes a long time. She always wants us to be happy. If she wasn’t here with us, my face would be…”

Ma Roo did a sad face.

Gi Kwang couldn’t help but laugh at his cuteness. It reminded him of Yoseob a bit.

“You really like her, huh?”

“Of course. Don’t tell her but I am going to marry her when I get older.”

Gi Kwang laughed again and ruffled his hair. Why did Gi Kwang feel a bit... jealous?

-----

The next day went by so fast. Gi Kwang was sad that the day was over. He had too much fun though he did dread the cleaning. He was also more aware to be careful with his clothing or else more people were going to laugh at him.

Gi Kwang was getting ready to leave until he saw Hyosung.

“Annyeonghaseyo.”

Hyosung halted to a stop.

“Annyeong.”

That tone again, Gi Kwang thought.

“Where are you headed?”

She waited for a second to answer.

“I’m going to visit Ma Roo.”

“Ah.”

Then there was an awkward pause. Gi Kwang wasn’t sure what to say to her.

“Sorry about the other day. We couldn’t help ourselves.”

Hyosung wanted to laugh again. It was pretty funny. Gi Kwang touched his hair and smiled.

“It’s okay. After thinking about it, I laughed too.”

Hyosung casually let out a laugh. Gi Kwang smiled again. They both went to the cafeteria and to chat with each other. They weren’t sure how that happened but the awkwardness got them together.

-----

“I mean, why wait for four to five hours in line? Don’t you get tired?”Gi Kwang asked. Gi Kwang learned that she started making wishes four years ago.

“Of course I get tired but don’t you feel you should put up with the lines too? I mean, the kids here are not as healthy as we are and they are living every day to their fullest even if it might take longer than necessary to be healthy again. They get sick and throw up. Don’t you feel the need to help them and feel the same way too? I can’t cure cancer or make Ma Roo’s legs walk but I can at least take care of them and spend some time with them when it’s hard.”

“You’re right. When I was waiting for Myeong Soo’s autograph, the thing that kept me going was that I was finally able to accomplish something by myself. Even though I am celebrity, there are times when I act like a normal fan and wait in line just like everyone else to get an autograph. I bet you felt the same way too, huh?”

Hyosung stared at him not knowing what to say. She was shocked to hear he was one of the 150 lucky fans to get in.

“You got an autograph from Myeong Soo?”

“Yep. I was that lucky number 150.”

“150? I was 149.”

Hyosung didn’t remember much about the guy behind her that day. She just remembered him being happy too.

“And I saved you that day too.”

Hyosung had no idea what he was talking about. She flashed back. After getting the autograph, that man stole it from her. Then someone saved her and got it back. Wait. She looked up at Gi Kwang and scrunched her eyes a bit to see if she recognized that guy who saved her. At the time, the guy had a hat so that hid his eyes and hair. He was wearing all black. It’s funny how Hyosung remembered all that. To be honest, Hyosung had a little tiny crush on that man who saved her. Her heart beated for a moment when he had the picture in his hand. Now that she was looking closer at Gi Kwang, that was the guy who saved her. Her eyes got big.

“No way! You’re…”

Hyosung’s face got a little red all of a sudden. Gi Kwang smiled at her. He couldn’t resist but smile even bigger. He was blushing with happiness. He was glad she was too because of him.

“Ding ding! You finally remember.”

Gi Kwang thought back to that day when she smiled brightly at him. His heart beated of course. He wished he could see that again.

All of sudden Hyosung’s eyes grew soft.

“Thank you, Gi Kwang.”

Gi Kwang’s heart stopped again. 

 

 

Hey. Finally posted. I know this is not that good. To be honest, I tried super hard on this one. I can't wait to write for the next part because I have this huge awesome part coming up next. I can't wait! Thanks for reading. Comment and subscribe so that I know you're there. Ha. Til next time.