Switches

It's A Love/Hate Relationship - Extras

After another week with no contact from Jongin, I gave up. I began focusing on my school work more and altogether, ignoring all news from the entertainment industry.

I walked out of class one day and waited outside the building for Ji Eun. I stared blankly ahead of me as I stood there. People passed by, minding their own business and once again, I had nothing to distract me from thinking about him now.

“Jongin-ah...where are you?” I said to myself.

I closed my eyes and sighed. He really didn’t want me anymore.

“OH MY GOD IT’S KAI!”

My eyes snapped open and I jumped from the sudden outburst. No, I must have been imagining things. I looked around me just in case and there he was.

Jongin stood by the parking lot, already getting buried by screaming fangirls. He smiled at all of them, even signing a few autographs before he looked up and gazed at me. A few emotions flashed by in his eyes within milliseconds.

Relief, happiness, sadness, anger, and rage.

‘Good.’ I thought, ‘Let him be angry with me. He’s not the only one that feels that way. Why is he even here anyways?’

I marched up to the crowd and pushed through, not even bothering to excuse myself. I got a few shoves and glares back but ignored them all. If I took anything of what they said to heart, I would have probably snapped their necks in half considering how mad I was already.

I reached past the crowd and took Jongin by the arm, pulling him away and quickly dashing around the corner. We took a few more turns until we were in as secluded area of the campus and there were no more fans following us. Hopefully there was no paparazzi around otherwise both him and I would be in a lot of trouble.

“Why are you here?” I hissed, glaring at him.

“I should be asking you that! Shouldn’t you be heading to work now? We have a performance tonight.”

“What performance?” I asked him blankly.

“SM TOWN! How can you forget out of all things-”

“I’m not going.”

He stared at me for a blank second before he recovered himself and retorted in the same fury: “Yes you are! You are my make up artist. My clothing coordinator. You work for me!”

“I never worked for you Jongin and I especially do not now. I quit already.”

He gasped. “YOU CAN’T JUST QUIT!”

“Well I did. Resignation letter and all. You are no longer in charge of me Kai. I don’t want to see you anymore.”

I broke our intense gaze and walked away but he grabbed me after a few steps.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” I snapped.

“Listen...I’m sorry.”

I felt my heart throb painfully at his words. ‘No...I should be sorry...’ I thought. I didn’t have enough courage to actually say the words out loud. Instead, I just pulled my arm out of his grip and walked away.

When I got home, I texted Ji Eun to tell her that I had left without her (which she probably figured out by then.) Knowing her, she would call me immediately and ask me why I left so suddenly.

As if on cue, my phone rang moments after I sent the text. Something caught my eye though, it wasn’t her ID shown on my phone.

“Yobeosaeyo?”

“Hello Yoonae? This is Ms. Kim from SM Entertainment.” I recognized the voice of my employer on the other line.

“Yoonae, I was wondering, have you thought about my proposal regarding you know...working with SHINee.”

“Yes I have.” I replied.

“So can I ask what your answer is?”

My heart tugged a bit because I still wasn’t sure if this was the right thing to do or not.

“I...”

---

The day after we arrived home from Japan, I set out early in the morning to hand in my resignation letter that I had written the night before. I didn’t write much of an explanation in there, just that I had other obligations and I didn’t have enough time to work such a hectic schedule anymore. The last thing I needed was for the company to dig into mine and EXO’s relationship.

The lady in the front said that my manager wasn’t in yet. Even better, this way, I wouldn’t have to explain myself. I told her that I would just drop something by her door and leave.

I walked to the door of her office and bent down to tuck the letter half way through the gap under the door. Just as I got up to leave, a familiar voice greeted me from behind, making me jump almost a foot into the air.

“Yoonae-shii, it’s pleasant to see you here in the morning. How was Japan?” My manager asked as she stepped past me to unlock the door to her office. She eyed the envelop on the floor as the door swung open.

“Good.” I squeaked. She bent down and picked up my letter, eyeing the writing on the front.

“Yoonae-shii, what is this?”

“A-A...resignation letter?” I whispered. She didn’t look pleased. I watched as she took the top of the envelop in both hands and deliberately tore it down the middle.

I gasped, staring at her wide eyed.

She turned to me and smiled innocently as if she hadn’t just demolished my piece of writing.

“Why don’t you come inside for a while?” She asked. I dropped my head and followed her compliantly into her office, closing the door softly behind us.

I sat in the comfy chair across from her as she looked at me expectantly from her expensive leather chair.

“I’ll be frank with you, I don’t accept resignation letters from the employees I like. You’re not going anywhere unless I fire you.” She said. I shivered at her sudden display of power and authority.

“Why are you quitting Yoonae?” She asked in a softer voice.

“I-I have school work.” I cursed myself for stuttering.

“We can rearrange your working schedule.”

“I-I need more time than that.”

She sighed, looking thoroughly displeased. “Yoonae, truthfully, it would be very unfortunate for our team to let you go. You work efficiently and you get along well with the artists too. Please tell me what’s wrong so we can work it out.”

“I can’t...I just can’t work with EXO-K anymore.” I confess in a barely audible voice. I didn’t want to seem like I was blaming this on them because I really wasn’t.

“I see...we can’t exactly send you to EXO-M because you have school but here’s the thing. I can get you onto SHINee’s make up team. They’re only doing small individual schedules right now. A shoot or two. And in the fall, when your semester finishes, they’re going to have a few concert tours. How about that?”

“I-I don’t know.” I had nothing against SHINee, of course not, I was a huge fan of them. It’s just....weird to think of me doing makeup for any other artist when I had been working with EXO this whole time.

“I’ll give you some time to think about it and call you when the time comes.”

“Alright.” I agreed, feeling slightly more relieved. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome darling, I hope it works out for you.”

We stood up and walked to her office door. She gave me a quick but reassuring hug before I walked off.

---
“Yes. I think I’ll try it.”

 

---

A/N: SHINee's back!

kekeke though I think they've been back for a while now...they're back in my story!

Just a sneak peak of what is to come.

Koodos to whoever can figure what will happen~ (Though after like almost 60 chapters I think you all know my writing style by now).

 

As for the new, alternate POV project, I'll close the poll...whenever I start writing >< For those who haven't voted yet, please do so =]

Anyone else excited for EXO's comeback?

I AM!

Let's help support our boys, and help them win their first award with their first full length album. Wouldn't that be so awesome? I know a few of my friends and I are already set to pre-order the album when it comes out (I'm gonna buy the K and the M one myself) kekekeke

Until next time,

 

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Jongin,  Luhan, Chen, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Baekhyun, and Sehun and Kyuhyun's Wifey (Currently in my Kyu phase again -.-)