Try Again

It's A Love/Hate Relationship - Extras

 

EXO's Kai. From the moment I heard his name, I knew there was something about him. I hated him. Too much attention, too much fame, too much ...everything. But no matter how much I try to avoid him, one thing always leads to another and in the end, I find myself back where I started. Is it just a coincidence? Or fate?


This isn’t fate.


I groaned dramatically, realizing I’d been set up again. “LEE TAEMIN!” I screamed in frustration the same time that my phone vibrated in my hand.


From Taemin <3:

BEFORE YOU KILL ME! I’m sorry. I love you. I really do. Talk to him. Please?


It took me all my willpower to not throw the phone on the floor and jump all over it (after carefully considering the financial dilemma I would have to face in buying a new phone which would involve me working more hours under SM Entertainment which at this point, I had no intentions in staying in any longer.)


I heard a light chuckle from beside me and I turned to glare at the figure.


“What’s so funny?” I demanded, clearly not pleased with neither him nor his twin.


“Nothing. You’re just cute when you’re frustrated.” And just like that, my resolve dissipated. A blush crept upon my face and looked away from him, refusing my old feelings to affect how angry I should be with him.


He took my hand and dragged me to an isolated corner where we could talk in private. We sat down and almost immediately, an uncomfortable aura surrounded us.


“So...you and Taemin huh?” I looked up at him.


“What’s it to you?” I asked him coldly.


He frowned. “Nothing. It’s none of my business really but-”


“You bet it’s not.” He nodded in defeat.


“So you’re really working for SHINee now?”


“Why would that be a lie?” He flinched again, seeming to crack a little under my hostility. Good. I thought. Keep this up. You can’t fall for him a second time. You just can’t.


“I just thought...”


“Speaking of which, I saw your last performance, you looked hideous.” The usually joke didn’t come out as light as I would have put it. He actually seemed hurt by my remark, I felt guilty instantly.


“W-Well it’s not my fault you quit.”


I froze and he seemed to notice. His eyes widened. “Crap...I knew it, it was my fault wasn’t it?”


“No, I got switched.”


“No it was my fault. Listen Yoonae, I’m so sorry-”


“How are the others?!” I cut in. I couldn’t let him play with my feelings. I couldn’t pity him, not now, not ever.


“T-they’re fine I guess...they miss you. I miss you.” I pretended like I didn’t hear the last bit he whispered.


“I’m sure they’ll be fine, I’ll drop by once in a while.”


“You should have stayed with us.” He said.


“I got switched.”


And with that, he blew up. “No you didn’t! It’s all my fault! You and I both know that. Please come back Yoonae, we need you. I need you. Please...I-I...I love-”


A light melody came from his side of the table. He took out his phone and a second was all it took for me to read the name on the screen. Krystal. He clicked the off button, despite my expectations but it rang again a second later.


“I’m sorry Yoonae, I have to take this.”


“Go ahead.” I replied, trying to hide the pain in my heart. Of course it would be her right? Afterall, they were still together. He never said they broke up.


“I have to go.” He said to me after he hung up. “Wait here for me? I promise it’ll be quick.”


I did my best to hide the tears that were threatening to pour over but I knew for every second he was here, my control was slipping.


“Just go.”


He got up and pushed his chair in. “Wait for me.” He said one last time before he turned around to leave. I talked myself out of crying which became much easier after Taemin’s help. I sighed remembering that I had to call or text him soon. Things were obviously over between the two of us and he really did try to make me happy. I needed to thank him.


Just as I was about to get up to leave, the door to the cafe opened and a very familiar figure stepped in with sunglasses and all. She seemed to spot me and came over in a rush.


“Yoonae-shii, I need to talk to you.” She said. First Jongin, now her? I couldn’t do it, not anymore.


“I’m sorry Krystal-shii, but I have to go. I have some errands to run and-”


“Jongin and I aren’t dating.” I paused in the middle of gathering my belongings.


“What...did you just say?” I asked, voice cracking in uncertainty.


“Jongin and I, we were never together. You have to believe me Yoonae-shii, it was just a drunken night. I wasn’t even sure what was happening. He just grabbed me and- anyways! Besides that night, we sorted everything out the next day. He told me that he had feelings for you so I backed off, afterall, everyone has seen the way that he looks at you.”


“How does he look at me?” I said.


“He loves you Yoonae-shii.” Krystal looked me in the eyes. “He really loves you. You have to believe me. He and I are nothing but friends. You should have seen that day that we ran into you and Taemin in the office. After you guys left, he was a mess. We trained together for so many years, the only thing I could do for him was stick by his side.”


“And you’re telling me you’ve never had feelings for him.”


“Not in that way. He’s just a brother to me Yoonae, you have to believe me. He loves you.” I knew without doubt that she was telling me the truth. Something about the way she looked made it all the more convincing. She looked sincerely sorry and almost devastated.


“If he loved me, he wouldn’t do something like that to me.” I replied.


“Would you blame him? After he saw you and Luhan together, what right do you have to say something like that?”


“Excuse me?!” I exclaimed. “Who are you to cut into our relationship?”


“I’m his friend, someone he needed comfort from because he was heartbroken.” She said.


“Right. You know what, if he wants comfort from you, then let it be. He can run to you all he wants. I’m done.” She and I both knew that wasn’t the case though. Didn’t I already tell myself that I was done weeks ago when I started going out with Taemin? Yet in the end, I still ran back to him.


“Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for the conversation to come out this way. Just...Please forgive him. He loves you.”


“And I love him.” The words slipped my mouth before I was even able to think twice about them.


She smiled. “I know.”


I blushed, was it that obvious? ”Don’t tell him though.”


She nodded. “I won’t but...please forgive him alright?”


“I’ll try.” I said even though I knew I already had. She grinned genuinely at me.


“Thank you.” She said. “I’m gonna go now, I’m sure you want to see him. It was nice meeting you again Yoonae-shii.”


“You too.” I replied. With that, she dialed a number on her phone and walked away. I sat back down onto my seat, all plans of leaving forgotten. It didn’t take long before Jongin appeared on the other side of the glass door.


He pulled it open with so much force I thought I would have crashed into the wall behind it and dented it. He looked up and seemed to take a giant breath of relief when he realized I was still waiting for him.


“I’m sorry for leaving so suddenly. I don’t even know what Krystal was thinking, honestly. She called me out to the SM building and then when I was halfway there, she said never mind. I’m really sorry. Please don’t be mad at me.”


“Well it wouldn’t be the first time would it?” I , a small smile creeping across my face.


He studied my face for a few minutes with uncertainty. “You’re not mad?”


I shrugged, grinning. “I’m used to it now.”


“Thank you.” He sat down and took a deep breath before looking me in the eyes with a completely serious expression.


“I love you.”


My breath hitched in my throat and I attempted to formulate some kind of response in my mind but there was none. I knew it was coming, but I never thought it would be like this.


“I...Jongin...I...I can’t.” I finally managed to get out.


All hope that was left in his eyes had disappeared, he looked like his world had just crashed on him and before he could misunderstand, I spoke again.


“I...you have no idea how much you hurt me in Japan. Seeing you and Krystal together...you have to understand, I don’t know if I can ever be hurt like that again. I don’t think I’m willing to ever put myself through that risk again.”


He nodded. “Can I...can I tell you why I did that though? Not that I have an excuse. It was wrong, and I apologize but...can I tell you my side of the story?”


“I’d be more than willing to listen.” I replied sincerely.


He took a deep breath before he began. “We were so close to being together. I was so close to finally having you, you know? That night, I was hoping to ask you formally to be my girlfriend but...things changed. When I saw you with Luhan, I couldn’t even think anymore. All I knew was that you were kissing him and he was kissing you and...I was hurting.”


I flinched, remembering the scene clearly in my head and for the first time, seeing it and feeling it in a completely different perspective.


“I thought I lost you.” He continued. “I knew that it was over. Who was I to go up against Luhan? Afterall, he was the one you fell for first. I couldn’t do it anymore. I felt betrayed. I tried so hard, did everything I could to get you. You told me I was almost there but in less than 24 hours, you managed to crush my heart just like that. I gave up then and...I decided that I would try to forget you.”


“I’m glad you didn’t.” I found myself saying. He looked up, smiling slightly.


“I’m glad I didn’t either.” he said. “Yoonae, you have to believe me, if I could take it all back, if I could turn back time, I would. I wouldn’t have let you go off with Luhan, I wouldn’t have run away from that scene. I wouldn’t have gotten drunk, I wouldn’t have kissed Krystal. You have to trust me, that kiss meant nothing. I was drunk, she was drunk. I was broken, she was willing. I feel nothing for her Yoonae, it’s only you, it’s always been you.”


He stood up and walked to my side, taking my hand in his. He looked into my eyes. “I love you Yoonae. Will you be my girlfriend?”


I took a deep breath, tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I held them back. “I’m sorry Jongin.”


His expression changed from shocked to utterly miserable. I shook my head at him.


“I...I’m not that easy Jongin. You broke my heart, I’m not sure if I can get over that anymore and-”


“Let me try.”


I stopped and looked up at him in confusion. He squeezed my hand momentarily. “Let me try to make it better. I just need one date. Give me one day to show you how much you mean to me.”


His puppy eyes made me melt and almost immediately, I found myself giving into his request. “When?”


“Are you free tomorrow?” He asked. I nodded.


“That’s all I need. I’ll be at your place at 10 in the morning.”


“Alright.” I agreed. “10 o’clock it is.”


We both stood up and be pulled me into his arms. He held me so tight, it was as if I would disappear as soon as he let go.


I felt shivers run down my spine as he leaned down and whispered into my ear:


“I promise you won’t regret it. Let me show you how much you mean to me.”

 

---

A/N:

 

Second last chapter done~

keke finally Jongin is back =]

Happy everyone? (personally I liked TaeYoon couple too but...meh, it's meant to be this way keke)

So yeah, I hoped you all enjoyed it.

Next chapter will be the last one, and maybe I'll post a few side stories after that.

 

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Jongin, Luhan, Chen, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Sungjong, Myungsoo, and SEHUN's WIFEY!

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEHUN <3 LOVE YOU LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS!