Aegyo

Because the Rain Was Falling

//THIRD//


Minho slumped to the door well aware of it's singing song. Being the athletic man he was, he had been asleep for quite some time despite the hour. He ruffled his hair, pulling it back and tugging it wherever it could go, trying to widen his eyes and wake him up. As he approached the door, he yawned, stretching out his muscles. He set his hand on the silver doorknob.

"Neh?" Minho said automatically as he pulled the door open.

"Is SaeJi here?" A young man said with a bright smile. Minho soon recognized this visitor as Kim Key, the stranger from his little sister's wedding who called yesterday. Instead of the suit that Key had worn the last time they'd met, now he was wearing something much more casual, a black t-shirt and some straight cut jeans that were ripped in some places.

"Ah, Key, right?" Minho scratched his head as he felt his eyelids drooping again.

"Yea," Key nodded nervously. "Is this a bad time?"

"Anya," Minho yawned. "SaeJi and I just came back from doing something. She's asleep in her room if you wanted to wait for her."

"I can wait!" Key replied brightly.

Minho turned his back on the visitor and furrowed his eyebrows together. It was odd to him that Key was willing to wait for SaeJi to wake up. It wasn't like the two were that close so the reason for Key wanting to wait wasn't that obvious. "Her room is over there." Minho pointed to a white door and swung it open revealing a girl on her bed.

SaeJi's hair was flying everywhere, scattered across her face and lying about her pillows. Ignoring her odd position, a slight smile played its way upon her face. How cute, Key thought to himself. She was so innocent. Even though they'd only met a couple of weeks before, Key found his thoughts gravitating towards this girl whom he'd practically almost run over with his car.

SaeJi repositioned herself. She hugged her pillow, sighing as she did, a sort of hum of a sweet melody. Key smiled to himself, watching her try to move the hair out of her face unconsciously. He sat himself next to her, making sure not to disturb her sleep. Slowly and gently, he moved her midnight hair out of the way. Her fair, naturally pretty face began to shine through. As her entire face was bare, Key found himself staring, taking in every detail of the girl's face.

Her mascara-free long eyelashes, the little beauty mark just beside her left eye, the way naturally pouted without any effort, it all caught Key's attention. She wasn't like JinYe.

"Mm..." SaeJi hummed softly.

Key let his fingers play on the girl's cheek, feeling the tingles that shot through his skin.

SaeJi finally took notice of the physical contact. Waking herself up, she grabbed Key's hand making him flinch. She still hadn't opened her eyes. "Who and what are you?" She asked with eyes shut tightly.

"It's me." Key answered with a laugh.

SaeJi managed to look finally, ignoring the blurriness that came because she didn't have her glasses or contacts on. "Key Oppa?"

Key nodded. "You're cute when you sleep."

SaeJi's eyes grew wide. She grabbed a small pillow that was behind her and struck it across Key's face. "GET OUT, I LOOK LIKE A NOT-SO-HOT MESS!!!" She wailed as she got up, pushing Key out the door.

Key just played along, letting her scoot him out the door with a smile on his face.


//SAEJI//


Aissh! What is he doing here?! Is Minho Oppa nuts?! Ahhh, jinja... I shut the door behind Key's fleeting figure. My face felt warm, too warm for my liking. The feeling matched its right color, making my face an embarrassing shade of red, a deep scarlet. I sighed. I wiped my forehead, ridding myself of the sweat that matted my bangs down to my skin.

"Michigetda." I groaned.

"You're not going crazy!" Key mocked me through my door.

I raised an arm and banged my fist on the door. I could hear his "OMO!" as a response to the loud noise that just entered his ear. I smiled to myself. Well, I better look presentable.

I grabbed my make up and put it on smoothly. Nothing much, just some eyeliner and a thin coat of booster. After fixing my hair and changing into something not as sloppy, I opened my door with much caution. I poked my head through the door. Key wasn't anywhere in sight.

Or so I thought until I looked down. Key was in a fetal position with his hands over his ears.

"Omo! Oppa!" I rushed to his side helping him up. No response. All he did was lay there with his eyes closed. Hm. This must have been what it looked like when he came in and I was asleep... Except not as... Random? I let out a deinty sigh, readying my aegyo skills. "Oppa, gwenchaneyo?"

Key's lips started to frown at my words in the middle of his little act.

"Yah! Ebabo-yah!" I smacked the back of his head.

"Ow," Key groaned. "Stop making my head hurt." He sat upright, rubbing the side of his head. He looked very cute in his baggy shirt and skinny jeans. Fashionable, too. I thought the little cut in his eyebrow seemed unique, and it made him all the more handsome. Aigoo! Stop thinking about him that way!

I giggled. "Mianheyo, Oppa." I took his free hand and helped him stand up. He wobbled a bit, laughing along with me. "What brings you here?"

"Well, I don't have work today, so I was wondering if you wanted to go to Seoul. You know, we can look at those street artists you told me about." He flashed me a bright smile that convinced me to say yes.

I nodded, grinning as well. "That sounds like fun! Let me tell Minho Oppa."

"You can go!" Minho yelled from his bedroom. I rolled my eyes at his laziness. What a loser.

"Lazy ." I said under my breath.

Key just smiled at me. "Let's go?"

"Arasso!"