Key

Because the Rain Was Falling

"O-Oppa," SaeJi stuttered. She paid no mind to her broken phone on the floor or to her tears and the make up smearing down her face. The only thing that she felt right now was pain.

Park Junghwa, the love of her life, was gone. And he didn't even say goodbye to her face.

"SaeJi--" Minho ran up to his baby sister, pulling her into his arms in an instant. "Gwenchaneyo. I'm here."

"No, it's not okay!" SaeJi screamed through tears as she pushed her brother away.

The entire chapel turned their eyes to the foot of the alter

SaeJi dropped her arms to her side. "Mianheyo. I've wasted your time." She said loud enough for some people to hear. "There will be no wedding today."

Every soul in the area gasped.

"Mianheyo." The former bride whispered before she took off running towards the exit.

"SaeJi!" Yuri, Yoona, and Minho yelled simultaneously chasing after the white trail.

Regardless of the heels SaeJi was wearing, she got out of their grasp and ran out into the pouring rain. Her tears were instantly disguised.

Like a lost puppy, soaked in the rain, SaeJi wandered in the middle of the street, heartbroken. She didn't even see the car that was coming towards her.

"YAH!" The car came screeching to a halt.

SaeJi fainted, collapsing on the flooded asphalt.

The driver of the now parked car hurried out. "Are you insane--Aigoo!" The man ran to the bride's side in an instant.

Minho ran up to the scene. After seeing his sister on the floor, he tackled the stranger.

"What did you do to my sister?!" Minho pushed.

"I didn't do anything! She fell in front of my car!" The man pushed back.

"Is that how they say it these days?" Minho scoffed.

"I swear," The stranger promised. "I didn't hit her. She ran in front of my car, and I stopped. But then she fainted. I didn't know."

Minho absorbed the explanation while SaeJi lie faint in his arms. "Arasso. Help me get her back to the chapel."

"But I'm late for a meeting--"

"Help me," Minho repeated sternly. "Get her back to the chapel."

 

Minho and the stranger brought the bride back to the dry church. By now, everyone cleared away. Only SaeJi's parents, Minho, Yuri, and Yoona remained to care for her.

"What happened! Who's he!" Yuri ran to her best friend's side.

The men, both equally drenched with rain water, set down SaeJi on a dry couch.

"She fainted." Minho said quietly.

"Key." The man said.

"What?" Yuri looked at him as if he'd just said something completely incompetent.

"Key, that's my name."

"Did you hit her?!" Yoona hit the stranger.

"Yah! Stop hitting me!" Key backed away. "Where's her groom? Why didn't he run after her instead of all you?"

Minho grabbed Key's collar and pushed him into the nearest wall. "That's my baby sister right there. And her groom never showed up."

Key's eyes grew wide. "I-I didn't know."

"No, because you weren't there to see the look on her face when she found out. She started crying, then she ran out of the chapel." Minho continued as he set Key down on his feet. "She might have been wearing heels but she can run fast. And with all the pain she's in, she would have been willing to keep running."

"I didn't know she was crying." Key whispered as he took another look at the bride who's bad luck he witnessed. "All I saw was the rain falling on her face."

"Oppa..." SaeJi opened her eyes slowly.

"SaeJi-ah," Minho ran to SaeJi's side and hugged her.

SaeJi held on to her brother as if he could be torn away from her at any second. "Oppa--" She began to cry again. "What did I do?" She sobbed. "He's gone!"

"Hush, you didn't do anything." Minho tried to reason.

SaeJi nodded through tears, "Yes, I did! And now he's gone!"

"No, you didn't do anything.

Key stood by Minho's side as SaeJi cried. He felt the moisture and wet seeping through his clothes.

"Ah--" Key sneezed. "Sorry." He sniffled

"Oppa," SaeJi whispered in her brother's ear. "Who's that?"

"You ran outside the church and fainted in the middle of the street. He got out of his car to help." Minho explained. "His name is Key."

SaeJi bowed in her seat. "Kamsamnida, Key-sshi. I'm sorry you had to stop because of me." She sniffled.

"A-Anya--" Key waved away her apology. "It's okay."

"You can leave if you have something to do." SaeJi looked up at her new guest with her glistening eyes.

"No, it's okay." Key smiled. "It was nothing important."

___________________________________________________________________

What do you guys think of this banner?

vs.

Choose! ^_^ I hope you liked the update!