Morning

Because the Rain Was Falling

"Yah," Yuri sat next to me in her fashionable sweat pants and over-sized t-shirt. "Dongsaeng, we are here for you no matter what. Whenever you need something, just call us." She smiled, my hair like she always did.

I was the maknae of our friendship. Yuri, Yoona, and I were the trio that everyone knew and loved. We all looked the same, too. How could I forget the time we all were placed in the same class and the teacher consistently mixed up our names? Being with them, it was always like some cheesy scene from those teen movies that people claimed to hate but secretly adored. We had our little inside jokes, our amazing secrets, and, of course, our fantasies.

Yoona sat in front of us with three mugs of hot chocolate. She handed one to either of us with a beaming grin. "Drink up! I know hot chocolate always makes our maknae happy." She was also dressed comfortably in a sweat shirt and jogging shorts. "When in pain caused by men, we girls turn to chocolate!"

The three of us laughed probably a little too hard because of the late hour. Normally, if it weren't for the fact that it were Yuri and Yoona, Minho Oppa would be calling my phone every couple of seconds to bark at me to come home.

"Aigoo," I sighed. "I don't know how you two manage to be in relationships and still stay sane." I shuffled in my floral shorts and slouched red sweat shirt.

Yuri has been in a steady relationship for well over two years. The two manage to stay so close without thinking of marriage because of their schedules. Occasionally, she'd fantasize about marrying him, Nichkhun. But shortly after, she'd just forget all about it. After a while, none of it gets brought up again and we just move on.

Yoona is in one of those flirty relationships with her guy friend Taecyeon. She always gets mad when Yuri and I because he's around or something, but she knows we mean well. Joking around is what friends do, right? He'd tuck her hair behind her ear, and we'd start giggling. Yoona would just blush and shoot us a glare which would make us laugh even more.

"SaeJi-ah," Yuri swallowed some of her beverage. "How is that Key guy?"

"He was cute," Yoona winked.

I rolled my eyes, "I went to thank him, and we had lunch, okay? That's it."

"Lunch can lead to so much more!" Yoona squealed. "How was it? Amazing?"

"Unnie, have you forgotten that I just got left at the alter a week ago? I can't go after another guy just like that!" I reasoned. "I need time!"

"Well, maybe Key can speed up time for you!" Yuri jumped in. "I mean, of course you need time to get over Junghwa--"

"Don't say his name!" I covered my ears with my hands.

Yuri rolled her eyes and pulled my arms down. "As I was saying... Of course, you need time, but maybe Key can be a good friend that will help! You saw how he stayed to take care of you! No stranger--a business man at that! would do that for any girl on the street!"

"Yea, and I heard that he had a meeting to go to, but he skipped out on it to take you inside to make sure you were okay." Yoona grinned. "I told you he's cute!"

"I guess," I sighed. "But I don't even know him. And this whole thing--it's just too soon to be with another guy, and I just think I should have time to be alone without a guy."

"Being alone doesn't include us, right?" Yoona pouted.

I chuckled, "No, it doesn't."

Yuri continued to sip her hot chocolate, "Then just be friends with him. If Key was nice enough to do all that and have lunch with you, he's got to be worth something. Just get to know him. Every girl needs at least one guy friend to get by. That's just how it works!"

"Isn't it that every girl needs at least one gay friend?" I laughed.

Yoona giggled, "Yah, none of us have one of those!"

"Well, that explains why it's Saturday and we're sitting here drinking hot chocolate!"

The room burst into laughter. It's these kinds of things that I love. We knew how to turn a deep conversation into a bright atmosphere even at three in the morning.