Director Ahn

Because the Rain Was Falling

"Kim Kibum!" The director of the Coral Art Gallery, a husky old man with an eye for art, shrieked at his employee with much frustration and regret.

"Cheuseonghamnida, Director Ahn." Key stood before his boss with his briefcase in his hands. He was ready to hear that he was being fired. Because of a fault of this caliber, that seemed to be the only possible result.

"Kibum-ah," the director sighed. "That was one of the most important meetings we've ever had." Mr. Ahn scratched his balding head. "You're my best man. Because you skipped out, I had to let that airhead WonJin make his idiotic speech for an hour in front of our best donator."

"I had an emergency to attend to." Key said calmly.

"At least make it good, Kibum-ah. I've heard it all." Mr. Ahn gritted through his teeth.

Key thought of a cover up. There was no possible way to explain that he almost ran over a girl who's wedding had just been ruined. Even at that, it was a complete stranger that he knew nothing about but decided to help anyway.

"My friend's groom ran out on her, sir." He spoke softly. "I couldn't let her be alone."

Director Ahn's face softened. "Yah," he stood up. "Mianheyo. I had no idea."

"Forgive me for missing the meeting--"

"Anya." The director interrupted. "This was of my missunderstanding. If I had known, I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

Key nodded. He bowed, "Excuse me, Director."

"Yeh," Mr. Ahn nodded the boy off.

 

Key's status was not of great magnitude, and yet he was known to his company. He was a business man, a hard-working young business man. He had his own office and an assistant, too. And yet whenever he craved coffee, which was not often, he'd get him himself.

Key sat at his grand desk and bgan to rub his temples. "Aissh, this is so stressful."

"Oppa!" The office door swung open revealing a very dishevled young girl whom has had her eye on a good looking man for quite a long time.

"Aigoo," Key said under his breath.

"Oppa, gwenchaneyo? Where were you yesterday?"

Jeon JinYe ran to the front of Key's desk, letting her cleavage show openly towards her interest.

Key spun his chair so that this unsightly thing was not in his line of vision. "A-Ah, neh. Gwenchana."

"Dae." JinYe bgan to walk over to the other side of Key's desk. She spun the black chair on which he sat so that he could see only her. "Oppa..." She placed her hand on his knee.

"I-I have to--" Key stood up, but JinYe pushed him back down.

"Oppa, why don't you like me?" JinYe whined.

"J-J-JinYe-sshi--" Key tried to speak.

Slowly but surely, JinYe moved her hand closer to Key's... Personal area. "Oppa..."

Key stood up abruptly. Luckily, it was fast enough so that JinYe was pushed aside. "I have to go." He spoke quickly as the sweat on his upper lip gathered.

"Oppa!" JinYe ran after Key as he bolted for the door, but he shut it very quickly. "Aigoo." She slumped against the glass wall. "Men are so ignorant and foolish." She muttered to herself.

 

Key ran downstairs and out the door. He hoped that the director would be busy enough so that he wouldn't need to see him at all.

Key stood in front of the building in his lonesome. There was so much work, and with everything that he had to do, there was no time to breathe.

"Aissh, why is she always like this?" He wondered out loud to himself.

Key watched as random visitors came up to the elderly doorman, Han JongHo.

However, one of the them was particularly familiar.

"Excuse me, ahjussi," a young woman walked up to JongHo. "Can you help me find Kim Kibum?"

"Yah!" Key called out. "It's you." He smiled.

Choi SaeJi stood by the door awkwardly. "Ah. Yeh. Anyeonghaseyo, Key-sshi." She bowed.

"Anya, no need to be formal." Key put his hand on her shoulder. "Why are you here?"

"Oh," SaeJi fumbled with her hands. "Key-sshi, um--" She muttered something inaudible.

"Bwoh?"

She sighed, "Kansamnida." SaeJi bowed once again. "Kansamnida, Kim Key."

"Yah, what's this about?" Key wondered.

"Kansamnida for putting up with me yesterday." Yet again, she bowed.

"Aigoo, SaeJi-sshi, please stop bowing." Key chuckled.

"Cheusonghamnida--" SaeJi bent a little bit as if to bow again, but she stopped herself.

"A thing such as that could have been said via phone call." Key smiled.

"A-Anya!" SaeJi waved away his words. "I wanted to treat you to lunch as a thank you. Please accept my offer."

"Sure. Why not?"