Up On the Rooftop

Because the Rain Was Falling

SAEJI POV.

 

After these past few days, I found myself to be exhausted--mentally and physically. Whether Junghwa be the cause or not, I have no idea. I just feel this anger boiling inside me, and it seems as if the feeling just won't go away. This wasn't just a normal break up... Is was like an execution. It's like he killed part of me. Part of my brain is still trying to process it.

I sat on the roof of the house that Minho Oppa and I shared. Oppa was inside, reading. I don't even think he knows I'm up here.

The stars glistened at me. I sighed.

"I don't know what to do." I whispered. I felt tears gathering at the corners of my eyes.

Now that I'm alone, I guess it's okay to cry without trying to hide it.

"Park Junghwa!" I screamed. "Where are you?"

One by one the tears slipped down my cheeks. My skin began to sting.

I stood up, unaware of the distance from here to the ground. My hands shook. "Wherever you are," I bit my lip with watering eyes. "Why couldn't you have taken me with you?"

"SaeJi-ah!"

I turned around.

Minho Oppa ran up to me, "Aissh! What are you doing?! It's dangerous!" He held out his hand to me.

I sat down, ignoring his helping gesture. I turned away.

Before I knew it, Oppa was sitting next to me. He stared at my red face while I continued to look elsewhere. I kept my eyes fixated on on particularly bright star above us.

"I feel..."

Minho strained to hear my light voice.

"I feel abandoned." I finished.

"No one could ever abandon you." Minho whispered to me as he kissed the side of my head.

"And yet he made it seem so easy." I shook my head.

"Yah," Oppa's voice became stern. "Junghwa never deserved you, okay?"

"I don't care, Oppa." I shook my head even harder. "Even if he didn't deserve me, he was all I wanted."

Minho looked taken back at my response.

I turned towards him finally. "I wanted him." I sniffled. "And I thought he wanted me."

"When you're young," Minho put his hands on my cheeks. "Every bad thing is going to make you feel like it's the end of the world." He smudged my tears. "This was just the end of one world of yours. Don't turn away from the new world ahead of you."

"Key Oppa said so look for someone that will only look at me." I laughed once.

"Key Oppa?" Minho questioned.

"I went to his office to thank him, and we had lunch." I smiled in the slightest. "He's very nice, Oppa."

"Aigoo," he sighed. "Be careful, okay? You're so trusting of people, it scares me."

I grinned. "Oppa, don't worry. I'll be fine."

"That's my girl." Minho Oppa smiled and ruffled my hair. "Come on, I'll make some porridge for you."

"Arasso." I watched as Oppa got up for the kitchen.

I looked back at the stars. Just as I did, Key's words rang in my head.

You'll forget him, trust me. Look for someone who will only look at you. You and only you